Page 17 of 210 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Not perfectly well, but not too bad.

She appreciates my strong points. However she expects her workers to be as quick as robots.

Speed will come, just hang on in there...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You've been right.

Day has passed quickly and it's ok. I'm a little anxious being next to director and hearing sometimes her strange remarks about everybody.

So I still stay strong and try to be patient. I don't much like the idea being more her assistant than translator. However she encourages her employeers to take the exam and become sooner or later court translators.

Today I calmed a man who had to run everywhere because of some difficult issues with his documents. Later I've met my female colleagues from other offices, they appear to be quite normal girls.

Sounds like it's going quite well! Well done hunni!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (17-09-15)

You're doing great
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (18-09-15)

Thanks, but in fact not so great. Today I've had a big panic attack and even cried ( nobody saw it as I haven't shown my weakness to anybody outside my inner circle).

First, I explained to her from the beginning that I'm trained to be a specific translator, not manager and I should have proper training during a week like she promised. She pressures all employeers and wants them to be truly perfect beyond any possibilty and expectations although she does some major mistakes herself.

Next, this is very responsible job, work with money, documents. She wants everything done on time, right and proper. But that's impossible as there are just a few employeers, because she keeps purse for herself. A girl from team has told me that she had a major breakdown.

Today I've translated an Italian text. I hesitated to take the job, but took it, as there are in fact few translations to be done. That's a good point and discussed with a very polite client before.

Later two men brought to the office cooler, yesterday she instructed to sign document applied to this agreement, today I've signed it but after a while she told me that I shouldn't have done it. How to get to understand such a person? And she's always in search of employeers, as some people just can't put up with all this pressure. And work is different from what she promised. I can't work and verify all the necessary materials because of pressure put on me.

However I decided that my mental health is more important and when she asked me ' What will we do?', I replied simply ' You're to decide not me, I've done my job'.

Well, I really don't know what to do, whether I should resign or wait a little.

Brilliant answer! If you can, Wait and see, she's probably never had someone stand up to her before
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (18-09-15)

And... surprise... on the dating site I've registered this week, I've got 5 likes and invitations to talk on site. I'm a little surprised and really don't know what to do next.

Smile, enjoy and, if they interest you, say hi!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (18-09-15)

She sounds like a nightmare Selena. I am not sure I can really advise you, but I can say it sounds as if you are really holding your own and standing up to her and doing your best. And you only just started! How dare she expect so much from you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

selena (18-09-15)