Page 117 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2099

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Selena, I'm a lot fatter than you, I don't have pcos, but I was told when I was 16 that I'd never be able to have children. I have 3. You aren't seriously ill lovely, it's perfectly possible for you to have babies - as much as it's totally possible for those without pcos to not be able to have them.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Selena, I'm a lot fatter than you, I don't have pcos, but I was told when I was 16 that I'd never be able to have children. I have 3. You aren't seriously ill lovely, it's perfectly possible for you to have babies - as much as it's totally possible for those without pcos to not be able to have them.
    Yes, but the thing with periods...

I didn't start my periods till the weekend before my 16th birthday... I've never had a regular cycle..

That stops me from having a normal relationship with others, my condition and her words stuck in my head growing panic and anxiety!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Selena, I haven't had a period in 7 months. It doesn't stop you having a normal relationship with others, neither does PCOS. You are making excuses and you are letting her ruin your life. You need to take action to deal with her words. Try and find techniques to block her words out, be harsh with her when you tell her that her words are cruel as polite obviously isn't working. See a counsellor to deal with your illness and learn to accept it. You are NOT seriously ill, your mother is wrong. She is bullying you, but she needs you more then you need her right now.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-10-16)

There is also my boss, she usually scolds us down after her parties, it's a kind of strong manipulation.

Oh so now it's your bosses fault you can't have a relationship or kids? Selena, you need to take a deep breath, step back and look at what you are saying. You are a grown woman and you need to take control of your own life, make your own decisions and stop allowing people to manipulate and bully you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-10-16)

[QUOTE=selena;281128]That stops me from having a normal relationship with others, my condition and her words stuck in my head growing panic and anxiety! [/quote]
    No. Having PCOS does NOT stop you from having a normal relationship with friends/having lovers or anything else. PCOS doesn't affect your mobility, it doesn't stop you from being in so much physical pain that it's agony to get out of bed, let alone anything else. PCOS doesn't mean that you are deformed through your illness, it doesn't mean you are disfigured. I'm not wanting to belittle it, but lovely even the NHS website describes it as:
    The three main features of PCOS are as follows
    • irregular periods – which means your ovaries don't regularly release eggs (ovulation)
    • excess androgen – high levels of "male hormones" in your body, which may cause physical signs such as excess facial or body hair (see signs and symptoms below)
    • polycystic ovaries – your ovaries become enlarged and contain many fluid-filled sacs (follicles) which surround the eggs (it's important to note that, despite the name, if you have PCOS you don't actually have cysts)
    If you have at least two of these features you may be diagnosed with PCOS

Taken from
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by selena View Post
    There is also my boss, she usually scolds us down after her parties, it's a kind of strong manipulation.
    In what way?
    Last edited by Suzi; 01-10-16 at 09:26 AM.

She criticizes us without no ground, makes work extra hours or holidays (Saturday). But this Saturday I'm free again.

Selena, I care about you but, honestly, I'm hurt at you describing (or repeating your mothers words) pcos as a serious illness. I have several truly serious illnesses which have a massive impact on my life, and are, individually and together, life changing/life limiting. I have also massive issues with hormones, ovarian damage, endometrial problems. Yet, despite all this, I live my life, I've had 2 children, I care about my life. There is no reason to give up on leading a good life, especially not something like pcos which can be managed
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (01-10-16),Suzi (02-10-16)