I have been taking venlafaxine for about 4 years now. For the first few years I had very few side effects but about two years ago I started developing a sore mouth.My GP at first thought it was thrush and treated it as such but it did not go away and then she decided that it was a side effect of my medication, that my mouth was getting too dry and ulcers were forming.
This has gone on now ever since and sometimes it gets so bad that the pain makes me want to cry and certainly stops me wanting to eat anything. Some foods I have to avoid completely, I cant eat anything with chilli in it (even the slightest hint of it and its like eating razor blades) and black pepper and baking powder I have to avoid, as well as alcohol. I have to carefully check the ingredients in anything I have to make sure it is suitably bland and even then I may have a problem (last night half a bounty bar had me in agony).
I wake up at night with a dry mouth and have a dry mouth spray that will relieve it but I have to brace myself to use it as it will sting to use it. I also have a ready supply of sugar free menthol sweets that I suck to help relieve the discomfort as well as keep my mouth moist during the day.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am thinking of asking the doc to take me off all anti depressants as I dont think I can carry on like this much longer but if I am alone in this side effect maybe its something else?