Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Loneliness

April_is_beautiful
    I think I can relate to people easily, I can 'see' them but I feel they cannot 'see' me and my true essence. I have been to a lot of meetup groups but don't feel I really 'connect' with anyone. I'll have a nice time interacting with their personas but feel exhausted after 2-3 hours and want to be alone.

I found with the London groups that people just seemed to use each other for those few hours. I'd get asked for my number but then I'd never hear from them again. People just seem to be happy with many superficial acquaintances rather than pursuing meaningful friendships. It seems to be a cultural or generational thing. I got fed up of it. I used to be happy 'masturdating' (constantly going on dates with myself) but even that begins to suck after a while.

Hi April i wonder if it is just down to people not having the time anymore to make real friends? I myself have only 1 friend he was from school and we are like brothers.
    I have always workes so the people i knew were from my family and work. I never had the time to go out and socialize and i am thinking thats why people find it harder.
    Dont give up though. Keep at it.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

April_is_beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    Hi April i wonder if it is just down to people not having the time anymore to make real friends? I myself have only 1 friend he was from school and we are like brothers.
    I have always workes so the people i knew were from my family and work. I never had the time to go out and socialize and i am thinking thats why people find it harder.
    Dont give up though. Keep at it.
    Hi purplefan, I think that is a reason for sure. I had depression at school and obviously other teenagers couldn't cope with that, I felt let down and I was too messed up at the time to maintain any friendships. I made one friend in sixth form but she died from MS. I was kicked out of sixth form for being too ill and not attending. I find this time in my life too painful to talk about. I kept in touch with some people from uni but lost two of those friends this year with them demonstrating some very bizarre behaviour.

I made some superficial friends from work but it always fizzled out as they had a husband and families, were too busy and any spare time they seemed to prefer hanging out with other families in the "mummy club". I'd love to reengage with past colleagues but understand their families come first.