Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I have to admit i am finding it hard work trying to stay positive. I have a few people that i can call friends, but i have noticed that it is always me who is phoning and asking people out for
    coffee. I feel i have got stuck in a rut and was hoping for some ideas on how to get out of it.
    I dont have a problem with going to the pub on my own but as i am on medication i normally have a soft drink and people think it is a bit weird.
    But i would never go to a restaurant on my own to eat. i feel uncomfortable going to the cinema on my own, so are there any places where you could go and have a bit of fun and meet new people?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

I'd call them, love! It doesn't matter who calls who, just whether you enjoy yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You could go swimming. You could go to an art gallery or classical concert. You could go to more church services or to the cafe at church.

I'm will you there mate. Nothing stopping me from doing all the things I enjoy alone, but doing them alone I lose the enjoyment. I've also found that if I don't contact anybody they don't bother with me, unless they want something.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (18-05-15)

I think that you are not the only one who has frirnds like that. I have to do all the calling and the visiting or I don't hear from any of my friends
    I'm the one who organises coffee or drinks out or in one another's homes . Its difficult but when I asked about it, they just said that I was best at it! Maybe your friends are like mine, take it as a compliment.

mitz
    have you tried looking at meetup.com? just normal people setting up their own groups and inviting others along. it is a national website and you can search in your area. all sorts of groups there. I guess depending where you live will depend on how many people have set up groups. you can set up your own too. have a look, it's really good.

mitz
    there are loads of groups where I live from cinema to dinner, cooking, sports, dating, dog walking, camping, trips, holidays, spiritual stuff, board games, music, coffee, book clubs....tonnes of things, but I live in a city. it's nice as you don't have to commit to a regular group, you can join and just go accept an invite when you can.

mitz
    or you can set up your own coffee or cinema group if there isn't one near you!?

Darling you are in Surrey now, shouldn't you be taking up golf?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!