Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness

I know a lot of people jarre who would love to work from home and save on commute.
    One man's dream is another man's nightmare.
    I think we all need to have human company at sometime, what is the point of being a hermit if nobody knows your one?
    We all search out ways to cope with being lonely but we all need human company.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Are we the cause of us being alone, Or is it other people?

Are you ok, hunni?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You seem very thoughtful lovely, are you OK?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A couple of weeks back I was on the bus home after a long day out and about and I was feeling bored and lonely so started to go through my phone to find someone I could text or call for a chat and that was when it hit me...of all the names and numbers I had in my phonebook there was only one I could just randomly calland she was busy that day with other stuff. I hadn't realised just how lonely my life had gotten to be. I can go days without leaving the house and don't really speak to anyone other than online. I'm a proper billy no mates.

Does that bother you? Because that's the key I think. My late nan spent her final years in her flat, seeing few people and watching a lot of TV. By choice despite her large family. She had 6 children and dozens of grandchildren but she said she'd been busy and surrounded by people her whole life - she wanted to be alone. She was never lonely though
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    A couple of weeks back I was on the bus home after a long day out and about and I was feeling bored and lonely so started to go through my phone to find someone I could text or call for a chat and that was when it hit me...of all the names and numbers I had in my phonebook there was only one I could just randomly calland she was busy that day with other stuff. I hadn't realised just how lonely my life had gotten to be. I can go days without leaving the house and don't really speak to anyone other than online. I'm a proper billy no mates.
    Id rather have No mates than fake mates. I have one good friend stella and i can rely on him no matter what. He will do anything for me and vice versa.
    Been my mate since i was 12. I have loads of different people i talk to but only one mate. One friend is a great thing.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

OldMike (18-12-15),Paula (09-04-15)

I completely agree PF!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You seem very thoughtful lovely, are you OK?
    Is being thoughtful unusual for me? I wanted to carry on the conversation as i find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Does that bother you?
    Generally, not so much, but sometimes it gets me down. I tend to stay out of the way as I'm surprisingly quite an anti-social person. I hadn't realised just how much I had retreated socially tho and that took me by surprise. Not sure how I feel about that overall.