Thread: Loneliness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loneliness

I don't know if this is in the right place or not, i don't think loneliness is an illness but it is related to depression.
    It was in the news today that loneliness is on the increase and they were looking at ways to deal with the situation.
    I have experience of it myself and it is an easy way of life to slip into.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to be own your own; it is fine. I think the problem happens when it affects your way of thinking.
    For example. Not washing yourself because you don't go out; or not cleaning your house because no one visits.
    That's when it becomes a problem and if you recognize these signs the it could become a serious problem, It is then you should see a doctor. You don't have to be lonely on your own, there are loads of stuff to keep you mind occupied. Even going out for a short brisk walk can be good.
    One of the thing our church dose is an outreach programme to visit the elderly, but what is happening more often is they are coming across a lot of professional people who are just too busy to have a social life. I don't really know they answer to being lonely but my point is not to let it affect you in a negative way.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Paula (08-04-15),Suzi (08-04-15)