Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First timer - questions about sertraline?

I suppose it was probably a case of timing; your relationship was very much on the rocks and this other girl came along at just the right time. I am glad that he has finished with her and you are working on yourself so that in time you can work on your relationship together.
    It sounds like you are being very sensible, now, about your illness, even if you haven't been in the past.
    Have you been ok today with the Sertraline side effects?

Relationship counselling isn't always about how to stay together. It can be used to ease a break up, or to help both parties come to a decision either way. I'd say that now would be a good time for you both ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

CharlieJackpot
    I'm sure you're right Paula, we'll talk about it over the next few days when I'm back at home.

Feeling much better about the meds now, only side effects I'm really feeling are shakiness and needing to drink more water. I do feel a bit 'different' in myself but that could just be something I'm creating myself by worrying.

CharlieJackpot
    Hi all, just a quick update. Day 5 and I'm really struggling today. I'm absolutely shattered but am finding it really difficult to sleep. Is this normal? Should it pass? I could barely function today at work and I'm dreading tomorrow

Are you taking it at the same time each day? Are you eating sensibly?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CharlieJackpot
    I take it just before I start work on a morning, and no I haven't had an appetite lately although I forced myself to make and eat a proper dinner tonight. Hopefully that might help? I'm feeling a bit more together emotionally this week and I've definitely noticed a return in appetite today so hopefully that will continue.

The first few days can be a bit rocky but it should pass soon.
    Finding it difficult to sleep sounds about right, when I started citalopram (which is similar to sertraline) I could only manage a few hours each night.

It's going to take some time for everything to settle but, if the side effects become too difficult, please see your Dr again
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad you are noticing your appetite returning.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CharlieJackpot
    Thanks everyone. I got about 3 hours sleep last night and I'm really feeling tired today. Had a lovely relaxing walk at lunch time to get some fresh air, and my amazingly lovely colleagues brought in cheese scones and cornflake cakes because they're concerned I've lost too much weight!

I recently joined a sports team and I've got two hours of training tonight... Really not feeling up to it but I know I need to get myself there, get some exercise and hopefully a good night's sleep.