Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best live gig.

One of the best live gigs I saw was Led Zeppelin in London 1972 or 3 I think. I loved the whole experience and Robert plant has such an encredible voice. I sort of went off zep a bit during the later years. But their first 4 years for me was defenitly their years for live gigs. So powerful. I can still feel John Bonham bass drum in the pit of my stomach during communication breakdown.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Not sure which is the best gig I've been to. Hellyeah at the Camden Underworld stands out as a really good one. I like the underworld as a venue, it's quite small and has no barrier or gap between the stage and crowd so you can get right up to the band. Hellyeah really interacted with the crowd well there making it feel far more personal.
    Rob Zombie at Bloodstock was very good, his music is really varied with so many influences in it and you can really tell from his performance that he comes from a carnival family.
    Lamb of God deserve a mention for the sheer brutality of their gig, the whole place turned into one big mosh pit, so much energy, that was pretty amazing.