Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best live gig.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    Did he do a Un plugged set?
    Nope but he had all his analogue 70's synthesizers on stage

Finanally after several upsets i got to see my idol, Michael Jackson at Wembley 17th July 1997. I shed a few years of joy that day. Very emotional and all thanks go to an ex boyfriend

3. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (05-03-15)

I can tell you a story about Michael. When I lived in London my next door nneighbour is a Jehovahs witness and when Michael was in London he stayed at the main JW complex. This was just before thriller in the early 1980s. My friend got the task of looking after Michael when he went round the doors. Michael had his own body guards that would drive slowly behind in a car.
    My friend got to know Michael and Michael even invited him out to LA.
    my friend has loads of photos of him with Michael.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

S deleted (05-03-15)

oh wow, that is totally awesome

That is awesomely cool!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My neighbour said the strange thing about Michael was he was just a wonderful young man who wanted to be happy.(witch was not strange at all) be he had this incredible talent and some people pushed him in the wrong direction.
    Ian said people had no idea it was Michael Jackson who was standing at the door with a watchtower.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-03-15),Suzi (06-03-15)

john d
    Just found this thread and its right up my street,even if the threads a bit old.right here I go
    Pink floyd 1994 divison bell tour just outside of paris at a outdoor race course.I was 18 at the time and had just been introduced to their music.the best light show id seen followed by fireworks and by pure chance some amazing lightning in the background .
    The band was spot on.
    Pink floyd again a month or so later but this time it was indoors at earls court.
    I shed a tear when they did shine on you crazy diamond.they also did the entire dark side of the moon album,amazing
    The Who in hyde park in the late ninties(with john entwistle) performing Quadrophenia in its fully glory with a all star cast.also on that day i saw clapton and dylan,alanis morrisette and jools holland and his group
    Once again a tear or two was shed especially when Pete Townsend rose up from under the stage in a cloud of fog playing a white grand piano wear a daper red suit jacket.
    I then saw them again a few months later in manchester in doors.
    So pleased I saw them before entwistle passed away

John I am green with Envy being a floyd fan I sadly wasn't introduced to them till the late 90's and sadly also missed Dave Gilmores (and rick Wrights actual) last tour at the Albert Hall where he filmed remember that night. comfortably numb at earls court on the DVD I have still sends shivers down my spine of the solo he played along with echos live on remember that night.

john d
    Many,people are envious of me because I saw them live(twice).
    I really wish I had a time machine so that I could have seen them in the early 80's for the wall shows at earls court
    Have you heard mr gilmours new album?

Not yet waiting for another paycheck before I buy it, i did see Roger Waters wall concert in 2011 which was impressive