Page 9 of 300 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Found a great liitle app that works between my phone and laptop so that every time i think of something i have to do i can note it and it will synch beween the devices. Been flat out carving for the last two days. Here at college at the.moment having a break.

That sounds like a brilliant ap!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like a good app hun x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Yes it is. You can catagorise the tasks into whatever groups you want and set completion dates and reminders. There is also a function to show you what tasks you have to complete that day or that week.

Had some good news and bad news when I got home. The council have given me a refund of £600 on my old house... and sent me a bill of £1300 on my new one. It seems that all the stuff we have struggled to do to get the council tax benefit in the past has been closed with the old house and we have to start all over again. I am devastated. It seems that it is a constant battle all the time.

Oh no
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

With some trepidation I rang the council as I have had such bad experiences ringing them that I am not sure that I can believe anything they say. However the girl I talked to seemed to be on top of the situation and said that the two accounts had now been linked and that I would actually only have to pay just over £300 so I am quite relieved.
    HOWEVER feeling that I can conquer the world I rang Talk Talk... OMG what a shower!! Its a very long story. I have been trying to get a response from them for a few weeks over the latest cock up. I was a just a little surprised to get a bill this month for £107 when I was expecting it to be about £35. I have emailed them, used the online chat service and finally this evening rang them (I try to avoid ringing them as you end up on hold for ages, my record is 45 minutes). Part of the issue is that we have been charged £30 for an engineer who we cancelled. They say we did not cancel him, we say we did. My son said he called the number they gave us to cancel and got an automated service saying to leave a message with the date and time of the appointment we want to cancel. Talk Talk say that there is no such thing.... We also talked to the engineer who rang and said we did not need him and who said he would cancel the call BUT apparently (although we did not know this) the engineer was a contractor and was not actually able to cancel the call.
    I am so irate about this I don't know whether to cry or scream!
    SO tonight I will AGAIN write a letter of complaint to TalkTalk head office...... If it was not for YouView I think I would leave them, but I am not sure that anyone else is any better!

Wow, that's brilliant that you've sorted the council. We use BT for phone/net/tv and have found them to be pretty good, but it's always dependent on area too...

Part one of operation stealth was put into action this morning. I printed off pictures of about 8 possible properties last night and this morning after he had a good nights sleep in a warm house I plied him with tea and biscuits and just laid the pictures on the bed. He took the bait and had a browse. He was not critical of the places although having made a big fuss about not living in a town a few weeks ago he grumbled that all the places I had selected were out in the country and that it be better for M to be living in a town!
    Still I did not discuss the places with any depth and once he had looked through them I talked instead about other stuff which I knew would distract him. The seeds have been planted....

Woohoo! Well done! Always best to plant the seeds and let them work out that it's all their own decisions... lol....

and the winner of the most stupid idiot of 2015 goes to........

Pen

Since we have moved in (about 6 weeks ago) I have noticed that the fridge does not seem to be as cold as it was in our last house. I tried turning it down but it did not seem to make much difference. Yesterday hubby commented on it not being very cold so he pulled it out to check the plug.... It was plugged in but not switched on..... 6 weeks and it has not been switched on at the wall. (I do now have a dim memory of the removal man saying "give it a few hours for the liquids to settle before you turn it on" but it seems that bit slipped my mind).