Page 7 of 300 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

All of it? and at least you know what's under your garden
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes pretty much. Unfortunately the whole of the back garden is paved so I can't really go mining... But the front garden has a little flowerbed which hubby thinks should go so we have more parking space, so I will be interested to get stuck in there in due course!

In surprised you can contain yourself! I think I'd have to start digging!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I would love to but I have so little time! It was pointed out to us today that we only have 9 weeks left to get everything finished and handed in.

On another note Moodscope published me again today. They have been publishing my writings quite regularly so I am quite pleased. If you want to read it you will find it at http://moodscope.blogspot.co.uk/2015...f46d0-93277445

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-03-15),rose (10-03-15)

Great piece!

Love it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OK I am beginning to think I may have grounds for knocking my hubby on the head. At least it might knock some sense into him! The estate agent came today along with a financial advisor. Surprise surprise he told hubby that he probably would not get a loan and that if he wanted he could tough it out with S and not sell (all things I had told him but suddenly he believed them!). Then he told hubby that maybe our kids could take out a mortgage to buy out S. Hubby likes this idea, the kids DO NOT. Hubby says that he would make the payments just that the mortgage would be in their names but my daughter in particular is worried about how he will make the payments particularly when he retires.

That's a lot to expect from the kids, especially as it may scupper their chances of getting their own place some day.

OK, I am going to share something here that I have never mentioned before.
    My dad asked me to take out a loan for him in his name when I was 18. I did as I was told.
    He then denied the conversation had taken place and left me with all the repayments, for some £8000.
    I would strongly advise your children against taking out the loan for their dad. Hubby needs to sort this out himself.

Absolutely agree that it seems like an awful lot to ask of your children...