Page 63 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Is the water feature new?
    Yes

Can you take it back to where you got it from?
    No... I built it myself from large plastic barrel planters and drainpipe I got from Homebase.

I sealed the joints initially with drainpipe sealer. It is terrible stuff. I did not realise that it never really sets, it turns into a putty after about 48 hours. So you can push it back into the joints but eventually the pressure of water forces its way through. (It is also really horrible stuff to work with fresh out of the tube, if you get it on your hands, and it seems impossible not to, then the ONLY way to get it off is with white spirit). I then tried mixing ptfe plumbers tape into the sealer and forcing it into the join. That did not work. I then tried a special sealer tape, but the water worked its way through the glued side and oozed out the sides. I then arranged the tape to catch the drips on the non glued side and funnel them into the next barrel which worked really well for three days. Dont know what has happened now I will have to dismantle the thing again and come up with a plan E....

Oh what a nightmare! Would love to see it though!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ah .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OK, rediscovered and dusted areas of the house that I had forgotton about (including dusting two boxes of chocolates!)! Floor washed, rugs vacuumed, hairy sofa covered with clean throw, hall divested of months of junk mail that had piled up on the table, washing up done (BF did that one) dinning room table tidied and set straight (daughter did that one) cookies arranged on plate, stuff I have no idea what to do with pushed under chairs and sofa, dog poo picked up in the garden, rubbish cleared away.... Do you think they will suspect I have been trying too hard

I thought I was doing well till bf told me that his mum vacuums and dusts the house and does two to three loads of washing every day. My place is still a pigsty compared with someone who does that much housework...

Yeah, she might do that much, but I bet she hasn't just FINISHED a degree course, set up her own studio, dealt with her own mh illness, moved house and had her daughters boyfriend move in!

Well I survived.... It was hard going... Don't get me wrong she was nice but not a great talker, very private person, and I had to lead the conversation. If I asked her a question she would answer and not take it any further so there were a few awkward pauses.
    Anyway I now have a very clean downstairs wonder if I can keep it like this for a week or so!!

Good job Pen. When you are fifty years married, you will still remember this day and shudder! Lol.

Well done, hunni, you've met, there's no need to do that again or a while
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

And bonus, you don't have to tidy your house for a while.

Well done hunni!