Page 6 of 300 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    ARRGGG Hubby!!
    Spoke to him tonight and he is talking again of not selling and trying to get a loan. I think he has as much chance of doing so as flying to the moon but I can't persuade him.

Perhaps it's a process he needs to go through. If he tries, and gets rejected, maybe reality will hit? My hubby normally goes the same process and ends up doing what I said in the first place, so I sympathise!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh and Marc... And my children..... I sympathise so much.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think you are right, he will have to find out for himself.
    Had a day of college research and painting, i miss having him around. I had hoped to get one of the men to dig a trench across the drive for the new electric cable but although my daughters bf said he would do it i am still waiting. Hubby said he will be over next week but that is only because someone wants a large hedge trimmed.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    ARRGGG Hubby!!
    Spoke to him tonight and he is talking again of not selling and trying to get a loan. I think he has as much chance of doing so as flying to the moon but I can't persuade him.
    Can you try a little bit of tough love? If he puts the place on the market you will continue to deal with his brother's solicitor, but if he doesn't then he will have to deal with his brother's solicitor?
    Another option is that he could sell a part of the land to cover his brother's share?

Daughters bf started the trench today however he found that 18 inches down was solid clay (lovely stuff would not have to do much to it to make pottery out of it). He worked for hours digging, but only managed about 5 feet of the 7 that is needed before he had to stop exhausted. So will have to wait another week before I can get my kiln. Was a bit naughty today. I had planned to go into college but daughter wanted to go and get some more fish for her tank. By the time I got back I was tired and jittery so I spent the afternoon painting the ceiling in the upstairs studio. Now I am totally whacked and too tired to do any homework.

Pain in the rear but ..... Free materials??

Sounds like you'd be able to make some lovely things out of that clay!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Oh I would... However it will have to go back into the trench to fill over the power line.