Page 55 of 300 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    No I have not really started advertising yet. The first course is not till the 16th July and I dont want to promote the course too early.

Spent the day finishing off my written work. Its amazing how long little things can take. I have numbered every article I have in the research folders and it took HOURS!! However now happy that everything is presented as well as it can be, even managed to find a nice plastic box that it all fits into perfectly as if it was made for the job.

My bin fired pot came out ... a bit strange, the inside has gone jet black but the outside is still cream... but that is the beauty of bin firing you never know what you will get. It has a couple of themo shock cracks which I have lined with gold leaf, now considering if I will add a few more gold leaf "fault" lines.

The pot sounds beautiful!
    I'd say go for it on the advertising front and you can always have a waiting list!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I am sorting out the online advertising at the moment. I have added the courses to Netmums (its free and comes up right behind Weston college on the listings if you put in art courses in Weston super mare) and am in the process of adding them to Hotcourses. After that its down to the physical adverts.

Another bad night. Tried having a hot chocolate with nutmeg when I went to bed but still could not get off to sleep. Did the washing up at 12:30 and finally got off to sleep at 1:30. Wide awake at 5 then slept fitfully till 7. Worried that this is the start of something!
    Did my budget again last night and I really dont need to be worried, that still is not stopping me though

hunni, you're at the start of a huge change in your life. What you've dreamed of for so long is finally happening. I'd say fitful sleep is a normal reaction to this
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes probably.

My little boy (6ft 3 in his socks and about to turn 20) has just invested in his first real suit. Moss Bros job. He spent more on it than his dad spent on buying his last car! Gave us a show this evening, he looks so dapper!! Ah they grow up so fast.
    He has bought it as he is attending his gf's sisters wedding next month in Germany. She is a lawyer and it will be an upmarket bash! He has promised me a new photo of him and GF in their best to replace the school picture I have of him aged 9 when he was refusing to cut his hair. I have not managed to get a photo of him since then!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (27-05-15)

Aww!!
    I'd say fitful sleep is totally normal in your kind of circumstances.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Been very, very naughty this evening. Bought myself a new bracelet. Second one I have bought this month. Its a leather and bead wrap bracelet. The last one I bought was in green on grey leather and it is really comfortable and covers up the worst of the scars on my wrist. This one is blue and opal on brown leather. I wear blue most of the time so I thought it would go better with my clothes (well thats my excuse anyway!!)

Sounds gorgeous!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Slept a bit better last night. I think exaustion finally caught up with me.

Ember.... what a dog!!! This morning I open a can of special dog food (£1.50 a tin) Duck with plum. Looks fab, full of meat and real vegetables. I mix a little dry mixer with it.

What does she do????

She picks out a lump of meat and very carefully carries it away and places it on my seat on the sofa. Then she picks out the mixer and leaves the rest of the meat.... Doesnt she know there are dogs starving in the world who would give their canines for that meal????

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-05-15)