Page 51 of 300 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    You know you have a good friend when they are quite happy to have their coffee out of a pirate mug, knowing it probably is the only clean cup in the place!!

Did a bit of clay but I have to confess I have been very un productive today. Was so tired lunchtime I went and had a nap for a bit. Then took my car over to the garage as it has a strange rattle. Turns out to be the steering rack so back on Friday to have it fixed. ( I have used this garage for over 16 years and they know me well but when Andy said "we think it is just the water bottle rattling" I nearly said "really????" you dont think that I know better than that!!)

On my way home I was deep in thought about lithophanes (if you don't know what these are look them up they are AWESOME) and how I could make them and went into automatic pilot. I came to as I was driving down the main street of my old village.... seems I had forgotten where I live!!

Feeling very tempted to be naughty and bring the pot I am burnishing into the house and curl up on the sofa, do my burnishing and catch up on the episodes of Judge John Deed I have recorded but not yet watched... (burnishing gives a lovely finish but it is time consuming and VERY boring)

Those lithophanes do look awesome!
    Glad you had a good time with your friend hunni..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A day doing gentle, easy things after all the stress you've been under (which you've handled amazingly btw) is not such a bad idea!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Went into college today thinking that I would be home by lunchtime. Fat chance.... Base came out of the kiln needing glazing before refiring which took most of the day. Had a chance to sit down with a guy from a marketing company which was great. If I had had to pay for his time it would have cost me quite a bit. The downside was that whilst he gave me great advice it means scrapping everything I have done in terms of my marketing setup and start again.

Oh no! In what way?

I need to change the company name, create a logo that reflects my dragon story and tie my company brand together better. Which means that the branding I have done so far will have to be scrapped.

Why change the name?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The chap said that the name does not really tell anyone what i do so i should change to Carantoc Art School.

At the end of the day you don't have to if you want to keep it as it is. Look at companies such as Yodel - name doesn't tell you anything about them but I think it's fair to say that they are pretty successful!

You could re-brand later if you feel you want to do that.