Page 5 of 300 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Oh why does the sun have to be shining when I have so much college work to do? I keep looking at my empty pots through the window that are begging to have plants put in them. Knowing I have the plants and the compost is really not helping either!!

Oh no! I know for me I'd have to do the pots in the sun!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Pen! So great to hear that you are doing so well You are someone I always wonder about even though I'm completely lame at actually messaging you. I've only just gotten around to reading this thread.

I've written down down so of your tips in the first post because I think it might really help me, so thanks for that too.

It is really exciting what you have done with your life. The pics look great. There's just one thing I was wondering about, and I really don't want to cause you any anxiety.. but you might want to check it out if you are planning to hold classes in that new workshop.. that is the gaps in the guarding on the stairs. I'm sure the building regs say you are not supposed to be able to get a 100mm sphere through the gaps, and not have anything that children will want to climb. Unless you can say that it is highly unlikely that young children will use the building. If it is just for your own private use only, please forget I said anything.. but otherwise it might be worth a conversation with your builder. It is an easy fix if that is a problem though. So no worries! It looks great

So lovely to see you.. and you are doing so well I really wouldn't worry about a few stressful times.. anyone would feel that way. You've come so far!

Thanks Emmy I have messaged you.

The sun won in the end and I had to go and plant some pots. Did a bit more college research then thought I'll just pop up to Boots and get my meds and on the way I will get a tin of paint at Homebase.... WELL spent an hour and a half in Homebase and over £70, had to get someone to help me to the car! However now have a home for the raspberry bush we brought from the old house and the 4ft acer hubby brought back from his house (where he has been looking after it for the last 16 years (supposed to be a temporary arrangement) and the shrub that he brought to add a bit of height and greenery to our "yard". The previous owner obviously did not like gardening and the entire back garden has been paved. I was thinking I would take it up, but
    a: It seems a massive job,
    b: It is easy to clean and the dog does not bring so much mud in to the house,
    c: Having pots and planters gives me lots of flexibility to rearrange things as my fancy takes me and to bring seasonal plants in and out of show as required
    d: In the summer I will be able to extend classes to outside if the weather is good and
    e:Its rather grown on me!

Well done! Sounds like a good day!

Right I have been up since 7. I showered and put clean clothes on. In the last 4 hours I have managed to get mud, coffee, nutella, hot cross bun and cereal down my front. Things are not boding well for me keeping clean whilst I do some painting and gardening!!

Lol, I'm so glad it isn't just me who manages to do that!

Cleans overrated
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Now I can add apricot jam to the list. Whilst I don't mind being this grubby I think I may have to change before I take Dad out for a cream tea this afternoon!

oo I love apricot jam