Page 49 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

I'm so sorry for all of you, and her family. OH did as much as he could and probably wouldn't have been able to change things even if he had gone over yesterday.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Of course we dont know what really happened. She was in her mid 70's, she has not really been looking after herself, hardly eating and drinking. It may have been natural causes, we will have to wait and see what the outcome will be of any investigations.
    Hopefully hubby will stop beating himself up, he was in tears yesterday, but as you say and I told him it probably would not have made any difference if he had been there yesterday, after all her daughter was so it was not as if she had been alone all day.

Hope you are doing OK hunni x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm fine, just a bit shocked. Trying to compete my written work today, but also trying to do my bowls so running round like a headless chicken. It was tipping down here first thing but I was determined that Ember was going to go out and had to drag her out of the house and she walked round the block with her ears flattened against her head and her tail tucked between her legs refusing to go to the toilet. I think she has only just now relieved herself from about 2:30 last night! Funny how she can hold on when she has to!!

Bless her! It's been pouring here all day!

Made good progress yesterday. I think apart from a bit of filing I have finished the paperwork. There is probably more I can do. I could add in an article I found about the chemistry of ceramics to the literature review, but as it is only worth about 6% I don't think I will bother. My college mentor is coming today (for the last time) I hope to get her to proof read them all. I may have to ply her with lots of coffee to keep her awake!
    We have a marketing guy coming in today so I am going to take my marketing materials in and hopefully I will get a bit of time with him.

Ember was very good yesterday. I think I have finally cracked the football problem. She used to think that every football she saw was HERS... and would tear off to try and steal one whenever she heard or saw it, once with disastrous consequences when it was a kids beach ball and she put her teeth through it. When she heard a ball being kicked that was it... she would become fixated on having it and no amount of shouting and calling would get her to come back, I would have to go after her and try and catch her before she destroyed the ball. Now this was not such a huge problem when we lived in the village. There was two designated football fields where the kids would play and lots of countryside to walk in well away from footballs. Now we are in town though we have to walk in the park and on fine sunny afternoons there are lots of kids with balls. So I have been working on her training, getting her to understand that not chasing off will result in getting treats and praise and it seems to be paying off. Yesterday when we got round the park there was two little boys and their dad having a kick around and she did not run off. But what was really great was that we walked round the lake and as we were coming back up onto the main path we came round the corner and unexpectedly right into the boys and their ball. She completely ignored it and ran straight past. YAY

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (19-05-15),rose (19-05-15)

Brilliant!

Great training!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Thats brilliant hun
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Well I went down to college to find the marketing man had cancelled. So back home again. My college mentor came and looked through all my stuff. Apart from a few tweaks she felt it was finished. So just the practical to finish off and I am done.

Its so scary... Its really starting to hit home that it is almost over and I will have to try and make some money.