Page 251 of 300 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

At least you aren't alone

April_is_beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    Talking to H this evening I have decided to give all my customers a calendar for the year of when I will be open and try and give myself a week off every 7 or 8 weeks. Looking back over the last few months it seems that I go about that time before I burn myself out.
    This is sensible. I've totally burnt myself out being self-employed before. I thought I could manage but I couldn't. A wise man knows his limitations.

Yay!! She finally admits she's not superwoman! Seriously, love, I think having your own 'terms' with a break in between is a brilliant idea. You're awesome but not indestructible
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I think the term idea is fantastic. Why push it to 7 or 8 weeks? Why not give yourself grace and make it 6?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I think the term idea is fantastic. Why push it to 7 or 8 weeks? Why not give yourself grace and make it 6?
    I would like to make it 6 but I need to be running classes during the school breaks and cant seem to make 6 week slots work round them, however I may have found a system whereby I take the first week off after the school break, although of course the Summer break is a pain.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I was going to suggest staggering it, but you've already thought of that! The Summer break you could have in 2 halves maybe with a week off in the middle?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Talking to H this evening I have decided to give all my customers a calendar for the year of when I will be open and try and give myself a week off every 7 or 8 weeks. Looking back over the last few months it seems that I go about that time before I burn myself out.
    Hi Pen, I know you're a hard worker and don't want to let any of your customers down, but you do need to pace yourself and give yourself a break. Some time time away from the stress of work a time to recharge your batteries.

PS: Just looking at your art, I'm glad Larry has now got Laurence as fried (we all need friends )

The hearts look great, I thought they may be quite large but they're not if you can make them in to a necklace.

One thing I'm interested in is the Celtic knot, can't see a size though if they weren't too big I thought of getting 4 and putting them in diamond formation, I would like subtly different colours and form between them or maybe contrasting colours.

Just some of my thoughts, no pressure, you can take as long as you like to make them (months or even a year), because your courses must take priority.

Take care Mike
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

The hearts look great, I thought they may be quite large but they're not if you can make them in to a necklace.
    They are quite large. The largest is 10cm across. You cant make them into a necklace but they make great wall hangings and if they were soaked in essential oils then they would scent a room I think.

One thing I'm interested in is the Celtic knot, can't see a size though if they weren't too big I thought of getting 4 and putting them in diamond formation, I would like subtly different colours and form between them or maybe contrasting colours.
    The knot is 26cm from the top of the diamond to the bottom. I had not thought about making them as tiles but I could make them a standard size quite easily, what size would work best?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I was going to suggest staggering it, but you've already thought of that! The Summer break you could have in 2 halves maybe with a week off in the middle?
    What!... and lose £500 income!!!!

What!... and lose £500 income!!!!
    I maybe getting things wrong here not knowing your personal circumstances or your backstory, so just kick me if I am (*puts on some shin pads*), health or money, I'd go for health any time.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-12-15)