Page 23 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

I hope Pen doesn't mind, but this is the fixed link to her studio pics: http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/pe...20new%20studio

and WOW its huge!!!!
    Is that Ember in one of the pictures Pen?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Pen (07-04-15)

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Hmmm I dont know why that did not work. Lets try this

http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/pe...20new%20studio

Sorry Rose did not see your post before I wrote the last one.
    Yes that is Ember getting in on the act.
    I thought that the pics did not really give a feel for how big it is. When we measured it we found that the downstairs was 5m by 7m. Its costing me a fortune to get it all fixed up, but I figure that when it is all done it will be an asset to the house. After all the number of people who would buy a house with a large garden room/studio/games room with an upstairs office will be far greater than people wanting a double garage. As with all building projects I have gone over budget and I sometimes think that maybe it would have been better if we had bought a place without anything and I had spent £5,000 on a wooden garden "office" but then I think that when it is done I will have far more space than I would have had with what would basically have been a large shed.

This way you've got what you wanted and needed, rather than settling. I think it's going to be awesome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    It looks good and Ember looks lovely hun, you have things how you want them this way
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

It does look amazing! So light and airy too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think it was a good choice to convert the garage, you have got so much space in there, and you have made it your own.

Thank you everyone. On Easter Sunday Dad came for lunch, it was the first time he has been since we did most of the unpacking and he said that he thought I had made a good choice with the house, which was nice, but was even nicer is that Hubby turned to Dad and said "Yes I think Pen made the right choice, its a lovely house with a really lovely atmosphere" Having his approval means a lot to me, and knowing that he is not pining for our last house is great.

On another note I have discovered how to get my daughter to clear and hoover her bedroom floor... Tell her someone is coming to shampoo the carpets!! Mind you there is so much stuff on the bed that it will all be a tip by bedtime. Still its her room and she wants to live in a pigsty then its her choice. Thankfully her bf is a bit more domesticated and does clear out the cans, bottles and dirty plates regularly. Last time he had a blitz he cleared out a whole recycling box of drinks cans.

It's all sounding positive hunni!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Finally got the big black stains out the bedroom carpet that the tenants kindly left us! The guy shampooed the two big bedrooms, the bathroom, the landing and the stairs for £40. Bargain I think!! OK they are not like new, but I dont think they could ever be and if I had hired a rug doctor by the time I had paid for the shampoo as well it would have been well over that!