Page 22 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Sorry about the car hunni, but hooray for the studio!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    No it would not have got as far as a fire, just as the burning smell started the rcb cutout all the power to everything.

Getting frustrated with hubby this afternoon. I have found a sofa I want for the studio and told the guy we would be over to look at it in half an hour. Hubby meanwhile decides that he has time to take my Dad home, a round trip of 15 minutes. He has been gone 28 minutes and the guy is going out at 4.30.

Oh no! Hope that it's sorted hunni x

Well it all worked out eventually. We got hopelessly lost but we did find him and he was still home. The sofa would not fit in the car though, thankfully Hubby brought some rope so it came home on the roof of the car, we had to come back down a really steep hill so I had my fingers crossed that it stayed put. It was supposed to be a 2 seater but its very big for that. There is room for hubby, me and Ember on it so it was fun trying to get it upstairs he pointed out that if we had a row he would have somewhere to sleep . Its starting to look good up there now, hubby suggested I put a TV up there but I suspect if I did I might never come back into the house!

Now we have got a load upstairs I can start to sort out downstairs. The kiln is being delivered on Friday so I have to make a passageway to get it through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (05-04-15)

I'm happy that the studio has come along to this stage for you. It sounds fab and I hope that you have many happy days in there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Pen (06-04-15)

Wow! That all sounds so fabulous!

Hubby has said he will stick around this morning and help pack stuff into the "attic" under the eves. He has always regarded attic space as under HIS control so I think he is worried about how I would put stuff in there. However I am quite happy to let him do all the crawling around. Ember thinks its hilarious to get him on his hands and knees and tries to wash his ears! He is currently working his way through yesterdays washing up. I was going to do it last night but he insisted that he would do it and then promptly fell asleep on the sofa. I stay well away when he is washing up, he has his own little system and I "dont do it right" but to hear the sighing coming from the sink you would think that he is the most put upon hubby in the universe.

Lol, I'm glad he's stayed to help out today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/penny_price1/embed/slideshow/Work%20on%20the%20new%20studio"></iframe>

Well it took three days but we got the upstairs studio/office finished. Downstairs we worked through all the boxes and packed a load of stuff in the attics and got things straight enough that I can work down there as well. Plenty of room for the kiln to come on Friday and next Monday they are fitting the new doors. Trouble is I can now hardly move. I twisted my ankle trying to get the sofa in yesterday and after all the box and furniture moving my hamstrings are complaining...
    Oh well back to college tomorrow.

Glad you've got so much achieved! Sorry about the pain you're in - maybe a hot bath might help?
    I can't get your link to work and I really want to see your studio!