Page 21 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Been a funny old day. Hubby stuck around all day and helped finish off the upstairs studio. Now got the furnature up there and a load of boxes cleared into the attic and upstairs ready to be unpacked. Took Dad out to do some shopping this afternoon BUT when I came back I totally miscalculated the gateway and hit it... badly. Probably done nearly £1000 of damage to the car

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like both a good and bad day hunni, there is little you can do now about the car, as its Easter, get some quotes on monday it might surprise you and not be as bad as you think
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Oh no! I never got my car fixed after I hit it on a post - twice. Its so annoying and frustrating, but look around you, so many cars are dented and scratched, it happens more than people let on.
    Great news about the studio

Great news about the studio Pen. You worked hard to get this far. Sorry about the car. At least therè was no other vehicle involved.

Oh this is bad... It was a concrete post. However I will have a chat with the insurance company next week and see if I can get it fixed without losing my no claims. If not then I will live with it.

Looking forward to shifting a load of paperwork out of my sitting room and getting set up in the studio tomorrow and having a siting room that just that rather than an office, art room and sitting room. Bit frustrated though as I STILL cant find the box with my drawing pens in it. Also plugged the tumble dryer in and all the lights went out. So tumble dryer goes to the tip tomorrow.

Your electrics might be super sensitive... does it keep tripping the fuse?

Yep, my car was on a concrete post too, a dent and scratches on both sides...I just left it as is. Some guy at a garage offered to fix it for 500 cash but I was worried I'd never see my car again as he said he'd have to 'take it somewhere to do it'.

As long as it's driveable, try to put it to the back of your mind til next week. As long as you're ok, the cars just bits of metal
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

rose (04-04-15)

Oh I know. What is the most frustrating is that I hate this car and I have been planning to sell it when I can get myself organised enough. This will mean that I am stuck with it as I wont now be able to sell it for enough to buy anything else.

I know its not the electrics as I have just had the electrics in the new studio redone. Also there was a nasty burning smell coming from it just before everything blew. No I think this is really the end for it...

Good job that it happened while you were there. That burning smell may have caused a fire. You were lucky.