Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

I think the soundproofing is probably a necessity.
    Could hubby fit the banisters, perhaps you could find a bargain on ebay? Is there anywhere else you could make a saving, perhaps on some of the materials such as flooring?

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I don really want to ask Hubby I would rather he was over in Wales sorting out his house sale, so I have told the builder to go ahead and do it. I know this guy will do a good job and then its done. Ember fell off the stairs last night, luckily she did not hurt herself but I was relieved and don't want that to happen again.

I don't have any plans for the flooring now. I took the new floor covering off the budget. It is good solid level concrete on the floor so I will just buy some floor paint when I have the funds and paint it. Maybe if I make enough money I will buy a lino later. Upstairs already has a reasonable carpet, although I did bring two very large Ikea rag rugs from the old house.

I will still need to paint everything but that does not need to be expensive paint. I can't decide what colour to paint the new studio upstairs. White, Magnolia or pale yellow are the leading contenders at the moment.

It is all very exciting and I am trying hard to focus on that and not dwell to much on the money. I have done various forecasts and it SHOULD all pan out. I have managed to cope for nearly 50 years without going into debt so I am sure that I can do it now.

Will you need to risk assess your new studio if you are going to run classes? Can you do things differently as Rose suggests...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes but that is fine, I know how to do a risk and fire assessment.

Not very well today. Anxiety is running really high.

Supposed to have gone to college but had to wait for the electricity man who has still not turned up.
    College seems overwhelming at the moment with so much to do.
    Have told the builders to do all the work but now am working that I have not done the right thing.
    Switched the vacuum on and it blew the fuse
    Had a letter from the council which I don't know what to do about.

I'm very anxious today since I went out on the road this morning. I've a sick feeling in my tummy and I'm sure I'm going to be sick soon. I don't know where it has come from, but it's like the sensation you get before you go to the dentist. I'm even wondering whether to go to school or not.
    Best of luck in your new home and I hope that the electric is back on before much longer.

Do you want to talk about the letter from the council?
    Do you still have support at college? How is it going? Is it "just" because of everything going on wrt the building works that you don't feel up to it?

One thing at a time, hunni.

You can't do anything about college so try to forget that, missing one isn't going to do too much harm
    Can you talk to your tutor and try to break down what needs to be done to make it easier to deal with?
    You've done what you gave to with the builders - the decisions made so just let them get on with it now
    Sorry, no idea about the Hoover
    Do you want yo talk about the letter?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I just feel totally overloaded (like Rose) My mind is bouncing around like a kangaroo. I am going to go and draw a mind map and see if that helps. I will tell you all about the council letter later.

You do have a lot going on right now. I hope the mind map helps lovely.. If there's anything we can do to help then shout.

new2015
    Just wanted to say hello.
    As you said, i suppose there must be a lot of new people (as you can tell by the name ive only been around a few months)
    but firstly wanted to say hi, and secondly thank you for your post and your advice
    I cant imagine my life in 5 years time but it sounds like you have some great plans in place
    Hope the house conversion runs smoothly!