Page 155 of 300 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Mira
    This is amazing. I think you are an inspiration.

I agree. Pen you've changed so much as a person and how you deal with the bad times. I am so proud of you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You're incredible - I'm completely in awe of you!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    No I dont think I am incredible.

Just had the blind group. Boy thats hard work, partly as they are so nice and wont speak up and ask for help when they are stuck but wait quietly till you notice that they are just sitting waiting. So you constantly have to be vigilant whilst moving from one to another. One guy must have sat for about 5 minutes whilst I tied up a wind chime rather than say he needed more clay.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Part of that is them learning to know to say something! You might have to keep reminding them!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (18-09-15)

The thing is that they have on the whole spent their lives reliant on others so they are very unassuming about asking for help. The guy who was waiting for clay is partially sighted (and the group chairman) so he especially does not want to ask when there are others who are more disabled than him who need my time. Thing is that getting him more clay takes seconds so it would not have been a problem. I have written to my old tutors to ask if there is anyone who would like to get some work experience helping me with them.

Scary... Just been going through my wardrobe trying to find something to wear tomorrow. Found an old suit of mine that I had when I was an MD. I had given away all my other suits but for some reason I had kept this one. It has not seen much wear and is a lovely dark purple colour. Two years ago it would not have fitted me but I tried it on tonight and although the jacket is a little tight across the shoulders it fits! It was an expensive suit from M&S so it is cut really well and looks very sliming so teamed with a fancy cream blouse I have H and I have decided that is what I will wear. I will probably be the only person in a trouser suit but I only really feel comfortable in trousers and only own two skirts which get worn about once a year so it would make sense to wear trousers.

How do women without daughters ever choose what to wear??? I would be lost without being able to bounce ideas of H when getting dressed up. Hubby would just grunt something about "you always look lovely"

Suddenly the graduation is starting to get real!!

That sounds brilliant about emailing your tutors!
    I'm so excited for you about the graduation - Can we see pics?

I think its so lovely that you and H had that moment Pen. I bet you'll look brilliant and good luck for tomorrow, you earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm so excited for you about the graduation - Can we see pics?
    Just try and stop me! My best friend is coming and H. Dad wanted to come but I felt it would be too much for him and I did not want to spend the afternoon worrying about him so I have promised him lots of pictures as well!