Page 154 of 300 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

This is all so awesome, you are building up a brilliant business! Did they teach you some of this stuff at uni? I wouldn't know where to start. (I mean the business side, not the art side, obviously, I know you did art!)

I love seeing the pictures you are posing!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes the course I did at uni was a business course as well as art. It is quite unique in that respect as very few art degrees prepare you for the business aspects of a self employed artist like this one did. Of course it helps that I have run three companies before this, but the course was really helpful in understanding the art business.

It seems I have become famous. I just went down to our "scrapstore" to become a member and the ladies in there went "oh are you the lady who is running the pottery classes in weston advertising on FB?"
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-09-15),rose (17-09-15)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hey brilliant on getting recognised so quickly hun x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Phew, 6 kids this evening, all making little cottages and all at different stages. I had my two most constant customers tonight as well. B and W who are both 4. W is a boy and was not keen on making a cottage and took some persuading, he was much more interested in making "poo". B is a girl and is much easier to work with but not big enough to roll her own clay. Unfortunately both parents legged it when they dropped those two off as B and W are quite happy to be left with me. I have to try and get W to make something along with the group as left to his own devices he creates HUGE creatures and uses much more clay than I can really afford. Of course W saw the sea monsters we made this morning so he nows wants to make them.
    The mum and Dad of two of the kids stayed with them but I suspect that actually the parents did most of the work, unfortunately I was so tied up with B and W that I could not intervene or I would have given the parents their own clay but I think everyone enjoyed themselves anyway.

As long as everyone had fun!

Well my bank balance will look a bit healthier after this week. The HE Clay group paid upfront for 6 weeks so I will have to transfer the money over to the savings account once it is paid in so I can drip it back into the current account week by week and not go mad on the spending. However I am now comfortably in profit. I have a lot of people who want courses and so I now have to consider what I will add to the schedule or if I just stick with what I have for a while.

That's brilliant! Well done hunni. That's fantastic - you haven't been trading long and already you're in profit? Amazing.

I know and I also have people begging me to put on more classes. I just had a message from someone asking if I would put on another beginners art class and I added about 5 people to the waiting list for kids classes plus some mums have asked if I would do a group for them. I will have to consider these carefully though. I calculated last night that I actually have enough coming in from the classes and the rent from H to live of and so do I actually want to do more? Maybe I can rent the space out to a friend for them to run a class? Just need to find a friend I trust not to give Carantoc Art a bad name with poor teaching.

Not even two months in... and you are thinking of employing staff
    You're so awesome Pen