Page 14 of 300 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Well done for making the decision to put yourself first - but try not to do too much at home x
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I didn't set the alarm last night and slept till 8:20 so I managed to get a 6 hour straight stretch. (Ember normally gets me up just before 7). I feel better but fragile, I know it would not take much to knock me backwards.
    I will try and take it easy today, I can move the sculpture to the kitchen table and work in the sunshine that is streaming through the patio doors. I may also take a sketch book out with me when I walk the dog in a bit and make some drawings of the buds breaking on the hedges and trees and the blossoms. Hopefully there wont be too many people around to think I have gone mad!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (25-03-15)

I think that all sounds like a really good plan!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Now I know that I am not right. Normally I can walk with Ember for hours, this morning after 20 minutes I had to find somewhere to sit down and my sketches are terrible! It was a real struggle to walk back home.
    I am contemplating taking the dog to the vet in the car at 12 which is stupid. Its only a 15 minute walk and because of the one way system it would probably take longer to drive!!

are you coming down with something do you think?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I don't know, all I know is that I can hardly stand without feeling exhausted. Apart from that I don't feel that I have anything wrong. Its so frustrating I have so much that I need to do but all I want to do is go back to bed and sleep.

Are you not sleeping properly at night?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well my typical night is:-
    In bed by 10:15
    Asleep by 10:45
    Awake at 1:00am
    Back to Sleep at 2:00am
    Awake at 6:45am
    Its been like this ever since Ember came into my life and I don't think it will change :-)

Pen, I sometimes get a few days of feeling very tired. This can be caused by hormonal stuff, a virus, or it can be that I am exhausted.
    You've been very anxious and that is going to take it out of you. I think you should go back to bed and get yourself some sleep.
    And please don't think when I said 'there is no need to worry' that I was in any way belittling your anxiety, I was trying to reassure you.
    I get anxiety over the most ridiculous things so I know what its like to have totally unreasonable illogical anxiety that just won't budge, its so frustrating.

My daughter is threatening to frog march me to bed after I said that I really needed to do some more carving, so I am going to take my new book on making ceramic glazes from local materials such as seaweed and go to bed.
    I will have to go into college tomorrow but I am really not feeling like it at the moment I am hoping I feel a bit better in the morning.