Page 12 of 300 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Pen! I'm exhausted just looking at your lists! Good to hear you so motivated though
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Having a rocky spell tonight. I waited in all day for the BT man but he never came. I don't have anything in writing to say he was coming just a phone call I had last week. I am not sure what to do now and it is making me really anxious. Plus when I was out with Ember she was bullied by a pit bull, she started screaming and the owner got quite aggressive about the noise she was making. Ember was not hurt, it was a way of warning other dogs and being submissive so she did not provoke a fight but it has really shook me up. Also I took a letter to post but the issue with the dog meant I retraced my steps and did not pass a letter box, however when I put my hand in my pocket I found I had lost the letter. I did find it eventually on the path close to home it was raining so the letter is soaked. It is not my letter its a letter for the previous tenant from the tax office (he probably has not paid that). I am anxious tonight that soon we will get a visit from a bailiff trying to recover some of the debts that the previous tenant has developed. I have been sending a regular stream of letters back to debt agencies, traffic fine offices, car insurance enforcement agencies, council tax and now the income tax. This guy seemed to be very good at spending other peoples money and then moving on before they catch up with him and leave everyone else to deal with his mess.

Why are you anxious about the BT man? Can you call their customer service and ask why he didn't turn up?

The incident with the other dog is understandably scary. I thought that pit bulls were on the list of dogs that have to be closely controlled?

Send all the letters back for the previous occupier and write on them 'not at this address'. If a bailiff comes, you can explain that the person they are looking for has left the property. If you search for your property here: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices.html you will probably find it on the list as recently been bought, that's pretty good proof that it's recently changed occupiers (it can take a few weeks to show up on the list).

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Ring up tomorrow about the bt man not turning up hun.

Pitbulls are not allowed out without being muzzled and they have to be licensed aswell, and also not breed from, are you sure it wasnt a Staffordshire bull terrier hun? though again that is a strong breed and similar in looks to a pitbull.

Hun if any bailliffs turn up tell them that the previous person has left the property and you moved in on such a date,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Sounds like quite a day hunni. I hope you can chill out now and spend some time relaxing.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I am pretty sure it was a pit bull, there was two of them male and female, I am certain that the couple was breeding from them, the bitch looked like she had not long had a litter and the male was certainly not neutered. When I first encountered them I thought they were boxers, but when they got closer they certainly were not. They were much bigger than a staffy. I certainly was not going to challenge them about being muzzled and bred from. To be fair they were not vicious Ember was intimidated by the size and by being chased by a dog who wanted to pinch her ball.

I know I should not be fazed by the BT guy not coming but I am just so full of anxiety that I can't understand.

I have been returning all the letters and I do have a receipt from my solicitor as proof of my purchase but I don't want them at the door at all.

This evening I have been feeling very vulnerable, I have shut all the blinds and shut the door, I just want to hide and never see anyone again.

It could be one or two other breeds aswell hun. But some Staffys are quite big if you get the long legged one
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.

Im not bothered about what the breed was I would have felt the same if it was a german shepherd, or a boxer, it was the attitude of the owners that phased me.

Sadly you do get some owners that are not the best hun, there really isnt much that you cna do about them, but try not to let it get to you hun,the main thing is that both you and Ember are ok.

How are things today Pen?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!