Page 105 of 300 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Only managed 5 and 13 but added a number 22 which was to make some slip. An extremely mucky business but I now have about a pint of the stuff that I can use to colour pieces if anyone turns up for my short sessions that start next week
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

What's the plan for tomorrow?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Just back from the car boot. Got a full sized studio easel f0r £30. Really pleased as it is an older one, the new ones in this style are not such good wood and have a centre hinge which is a nightmare as they close up whilst you are using them and so you end up having to fixe a plate across the hinge. It has no worm and all the joints work well, no cross threading on the bolts. Also got stuff that I can use as moulds and three more plastic jugs plus a great garden sieve. This one is an old one, it has a double mesh which brings the grade down to quite fine so it will be great for use with straining clay. Also got a big bag of cherries and a bag of potatoes for £2.
    Poor hubby kept having to take my purchases back to the car. We are both shattered now.

I had planned to do the gardening this afternoon but I cant find the energy at the moment!

Plans can change sweetheart. Don't feel guilty for not doing anything for a change. You deserve the rest.

That sounds like a great day!

Well hubby and I did manage to find a bit of energy to devote to the front garden. There is something therapeutic about ridding a bed of weeds! Hubby cut back the dogwood that I have been gently trying to persuade him to cut since we moved in. The weight of the leaves had dragged one of the branches down across the drive so he finally admitted that it needed done.

He had to go and get some bread as we are so short of food. Tonight I was going to do pork steaks but they are not defrosted. I went though the freezer to find something else and found that there was NOTHING.... So J is having a little ready meal beef stew with some steamed veg. There is nothing left then for me apart from a Birds eye steamed rice thing. I think I may have to do some shopping tomorrow but I really dont want to. If it was not for J I probably would not bother.

Oh no for not having something in! I hope you manage to forage and find something!

Me and Ember shared the rice thing. There was not much of it but I could not eat it as it was too spicy. Done the shopping online tonight so at least we will have some food by Tuesday.

I suppose you don't have a shop near you that's open after 4pm?
    If you have bread, then have toast. That's always my fallback plan.

I do but I could not get the energy to walk to it at that time of night and I could not face going shopping anyway.

Bit down this morning. Getting stressed about work this week. I dont know if I will get anyone for my short sessions that start today and I need to chase up the leaflet company to find out if the flyers have been distributed. I have to work out what I am going to do with the blind group tomorrow and I have a beginners art group starting Wednesday evening. As for the improvers I have no idea if I have anyone coming! I have decided that I will do a group on Thursday afternoons and another one in the evening and see how it goes. However when I asked people to commit to a group they melted away like the snow on an august day...

Ordered another £100 of supplies last night which I will need to make up when they arrive tomorrow just in case I get people on the short courses. So far I have spent a lot of money but have nothing coming in. Thankfully this week will change that a bit.

I have to get stuff fired this week as well. I have been trying to find out a foolproof way of being sure that stuff is dry enough to fire but there does not seem to be one. Just experience. I did learn a new ceramics term though, candling. Apparently if you put your stuff in and run the kiln at a low temperature for a few hours before ramping it up you will be safer from stuff exploding. This low temp run is called candling.... You learn something new everyday as my Dad says.