Page 104 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Well I was drinking tea whilst he washed the floor

This art club is proving to be a nightmare!! I have 17 people who want to come. Some of them think that the beginners should have their own group. Some think that a mixture of beginners and improvers is a better idea. Most of them want to come on a Wednesday evening, some want to come in the day (never can agree a day though). One guy is adamant that he only wants to do watercolour and acrylic painting (I hate him already, not because thats what he wants to do just the way he said it!).
    I thought I had cracked it. I lined 6 people up for the beginners on Wednesday evening and 6 improvers for Thursday. Three people had not stated a day or their experience so I have yet to allocate them to a group.... THEN someone emails me and says can I bring my sister on Wednesday???
    At 6 we will be comfortable, 8 yes I think I have the room. More than that and I will have to get creative....

As well as organising this I had an email this evening from a venue I am organising an exhibition at in a few weeks asking for a write up and pictures so I have had to start chasing up the 5 other people who said they would be interested in exhibiting with me. I just pray none of them drop out at this stage or I will be trying to find substitutes. Mind you the ridiculous thing is I don't have anything to exhibit myself at the moment!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I think you may have to say, this class is on that date and this is my maximum numbers. If they can't fit that, go on a waiting list. It's what any other teacher would do
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh I will but of course at the moment I am not sure how many of those interested will actually nail their colours to the flag and commit.

I think what is really worrying me is that people want to learn to paint and I am a bit rusty on the painting front!! I have emailed a painted friend of mine who said back before we finished the course that she would be willing to help out to see if she can come along. Trouble is that she has been battling breast cancer this year although I think she is ok at the moment and at Easter a girl arrived on her doorstep from Japan with a grandson she knew nothing about and now she is spending as much time as she can getting to know him and the girl.

Pen you are a fantastic artist. You can do it. Take it step by step hunni..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Now dont know what to do... Just come back from coffee with my well tanned friends who have just returned from a 2 week cruise round the med.... GRRR I hate them.....Not really they have been a bedrock for me when all my other friends have left me.
    However cant decide if I should..

1. Brave the heat and weed the front garden as the weeds are now almost as high as the roses.
    2. Prepare the chemicals and treat the blanket weed in the water feature (BTW its leaking again!!)
    3. Fix the leak in the water feature! (again)
    4. Tidy the upstairs of the studio
    5. Finish off the pots I started that need working on before they get too dry
    6. Start painting the bedroom
    7. Put away the mountain of clothes in the sitting room before I get to the stage of wearing the "emergency pants"
    8. Wash the kitchen floor again (my daughter spilled energy drink after A washed it and although she wiped it up you stick to the floor every time you walk over the spot)
    9. Deadhead my flowers and dig the grass out of the bricks
    10. Push all the boxes in the upstairs studio to one side, put on the TV, find a film and work on the large mandala I am doing
    11. Write the article for the artists newsletter about the exhibition in a few weeks
    12. Put up paintings in the house and studio
    13. Put all my pottery in the sun so I have a chance of it all being dry enough to fire by next week
    14. Arrange the rocks and tree stump that hubby brought me for the garden
    15. Work on my otter carving
    16. Make the wind chime I have intending to do for ages
    17. repair the windchime that has got battered so much in the WSM sea wind that the cotton has snapped
    18. Process some more clay whilst the weather is good
    19. Do my accounts
    20. Go back to sleep
    Last edited by Pen; 18-07-15 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Cant spell!!

It's Saturday - do what will make you happy and relaxed
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5, 11, 13... then 20

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    5, 11, 13... then 20
    Found a 21. Which I have done first. Get one of Mum's Looms on ebay so that I can stop falling over them and get Dad some extra cash.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-07-15)

Do the restful things!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!