Page 102 of 300 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2992

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Well he is to a certain degree. I have to write to the solicitor as the trustee on behalf of the kids. Aside from that I have washed my hands of him
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

rose (16-07-15)

Yes will need to give J a nudge about it.

I don't know why it wouldn't come out right if you use a mould, but then I know nothing about clay (concrete is more my style at the moment).

Can you make the clay into a flat square (to get even thickness), put greaseproof paper into the mould and then drop the clay into the mould, gently push down, slice with a knife across the top and the overlaps, let it dry enough to set into place and then drop it out of the mould? (Hopefully this sentence makes sense)

You dont need grease proof paper....

That is what I do (well sort of you have over simplified the process a little), however the mould I have is too big so I need to trim the sides down. I could make a smaller mould, but I can knock up a slab pot just as fast and making a mould is too time consuming at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    You dont need grease proof paper....

That is what I do (well sort of you have over simplified the process a little),
    Sorry

I love your work. What's your publicity like? What about sending off mailshots to some of the holiday parks in your area? Maybe get them into touist information places - something like come and see you working, buy your beautiful products and maybe a "have a go" type session?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I have 2000 flyers being shipped out to those tourist info things you get in stations, hotels and supermarkets. They should be out this week although I have not checked with the company that they are out. I may nip into the station when I am out later to have a look.
    The flyers are advertising 2 hour sessions for people to come along and create a souvenir, they start on Monday but I don't know if anyone will come.

Just had a huge surprise. Got up to goto the loo. Thought I had better go and do the washing up which I had started earlier but not finished. Went downstairs to find the kitchen spotless. Cleaner than I had seen it in weeks. A then came through and said he had snapped and the state that it was in had finally got to him. I feel terribly guilty that he had got to that stage but maybe it will get him to clean up after himself and H a bit more promptly than he has recently.

Don't feel guilty. I think its brilliant that he did it.

I'm with Rose
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's great that he did it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!