Page 3 of 300 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally getting through it? *trigger*

How's the overload doing hunni?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Pen, if it helps, I think you made the right choice about the building work. Like you said, it has to be done and this is an investment in your future. I would go with white for the studio, because white paint you can buy in huge tubs at a cheaper price.
    Concrete floor is edgy and modern so stick with it, as long as its warm!

Is the fuse box the type where you flick the fuse, or you actually have to put a new fuse in with wire and all that palava?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Paula (03-03-15)

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Thank you everyone for your comments this afternoon. My college mentor came and said that I needed to stop doing college work today and calm down. I took a lorzapan did a bit of gardening till my fingers got too cold and then curled up in bed and went to sleep.

Most of the studio will be white but I may do the small amount of wall space upstairs in something warmer.

Thankfully the fuse box was replaced just before Christmas so all I needed to do was reset the switch thankfully. I don't know if the vacuum blew the fuse or if just the combination of the power tools being used in the garage plus the cleaner tripped it out. I am hoping it was the vacuum as I really hate it. It is very heavy and noisy, unfortunately hubby bought it for my birthday a few years ago so I have to tread carefully about getting rid of it!

Now the council..... OMG what a mess.
    Firstly despite changing my address online then sending them a letter notifying them of the new address AND getting an email from them confirming that they have my new address a letter turned up this morning forwarded from the old address.

The letter said I had not sent them something but I was confused as to what they wanted so I rang them. The guy said that there was nothing they were waiting for, but I have been in this situation before where the council has told me that everything was in order only to get a letter a couple of days later saying they were cutting me off for not sending them stuff. The council seem to dream up stuff they want at random and when I send it I then get letters saying I have not sent it and they are cutting my benefits. Even sending stuff special delivery does not help. A friend has said he will come down to the council offices with me and we will take the stuff, trouble is I no longer am sure what it is they want!

The council sound like right numpties.

It was probably a combination of everything going at once, but I seem to need a new vacuum cleaner at least once a year, once the cat hair gets in it its clogged up and nothing gets it out.
    And no, I am not even doing this (although this cat looks a lot like my Lizzy):

Lol Rose!

Did you ask them for it in writing that you don't need to provide any other documentation?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Its no good asking the council to put anything in writing. Even when I have it in writing they seem to change their minds about what they want.

Had a much better day today. Went into college and had a day sculpting and carving a giant fish. Not only was a lot of fun and very relaxing but my tutor came and was very approving of what I was doing (which was good as if he had not been he would have found himself WEARING a fish).
    The builders are cracking on as well the upstairs is finished and will be ready to paint at the weekend. The bannisters are partly up and the old toilet and cubicle have been ripped out and a new cubicle is up. They have altered the light switch for me which I did not ask for but will be so useful. The way they have gone on I would not be surprised if they finish tomorrow.
    I also have a date for the surveyor to come and measure up the garage doors so the window company can manufacture the windows. Hopefully it wont take too long to get them made and fitted. I am still hoping that I will be able to officially open my studio on the 1st April.

This all sounds amazing! The studio sounds so fab!

That's fantastic, and the pics looked awesome!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Wow! The builders seem to be moving fast!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Oh I so look forward to the end of this course! I love doing the practical and actually I don't mind the written work I just wish that there was not so much of it to be done at any one time. I am fed up to the back teeth with writing and giving presentations!! Had to give one today and will have to give another two in two weeks time! I have so much written work I have to do I don't know if I have time to do any practical and to make it worst it seems like I have to effectively do two research projects (whilst everyone else has to do one) as they have decided that my initial project does not cover enough about my own work but as the one I proposed covers the business elements I still have to do that as well.

I also came home to a letter from that bloody solicitor of S's. Even when I give him the good news that the house is going on the market he finds something to gripe about. It screws me up inside every time I even see that I have an email from him long before I read it.

However the builder has finished. I have a lovely new loo and cubicle and bannister. I joked about that I now have a loo with out a hole in it (There was a toilet in situ when I came but there was a great hole in the bottom like something heavy had been dropped in it) he then confessed that when they arrived his son was bursting and peed in the old loo not realising that it was smashed and they had to mop it up quick!