Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: cautiously optimistic

i've been up and down, but i've been having regular meetings with the wellbeing centre on campus which hve helped keep me grounded. grades have been mixed, but i'm passing which is the main thing. i guess you could say i'm still having minor issues with the whole casual sex thing, but i've been safe and i'm now making much more of an effort to actually meet someone for keeps, which has been difficult considering i'm 3-6 years older than most people here.

it's been pretty lonely and there have definitely been times when i've questioned all of my life choices and wondered if i'd made the right decision or bitten off more than i can chew, but overall i'm glad i'm here. my mooid hasnt been half as consistent as it was just before i left but the average is better. i'm startng to get that end of term feeling where i just want to go home for a bit, which i'm doing in 2 weeks. i've got work to be doing over the holidays which is fine, it'll give me something to do but it'll be nice to have to adult less.

weirdly i managed to forget a lot of the stuff i'd learnt and built up to keep me going before i left, which i think is partly why i've struggled this term, but i'm sorting that out and putting it all back in place again

it perhaps sums it all up that you've caught me just as i'm dancing around the kitchen in my pjs to show tunes while waiting for a cobbled together meal to cook

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    it perhaps sums it all up that you've caught me just as i'm dancing around the kitchen in my pjs to show tunes while waiting for a cobbled together meal to cook
    Dancin', cookin' & postin' on this forum you sure are a multitalented multitasker. Glad to hear you're slowly getting things sorted.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (04-12-15)

Great to see you back
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (04-12-15)

Hugo-agogo
    Hey Scientist, it's good to see you on the boards again Glad to hear you are doing well even if things haven't been easy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo-agogo For This Useful Post:

The_Scientist (04-12-15)

i think i've just made an incredibly stupid and terrible mistake. i've slaved all night over a hot computer to get this esssay done. i literally haven't slept. i had an extension and it's due to be emailed in at 11 am today. except i've just looked at the cover sheet and i've got the dates wrong. i thought the original deadline was the 11th, but it's the 7th, meaning with the extension i shoudl've had it in last monday. no one's in the office until 5th jan but if they don't accept it, i've pretty much failed the course. i can't believe i've done it. not quite sure what to do now...

Mira
    That is real unfortunate. And I know how things like this can make a person feel. But try to relax about it. There is not much you can do about it at the moment. As soon as you can speak with them you can explain the situation and see what can be done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-01-16)

i'm not sure anything can be done tbh. but you're right. i'm gonna try and get some sleep.

Oh no! That's a crap thing to happen - can you contact your tutor (even via email) and let them know what's going on?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Oh no! That's a crap thing to happen - can you contact your tutor (even via email) and let them know what's going on?
    well i've copied him into the email i sent handing it in. both he and the admin person are rather scatty so i might he ok. thing is, they cant be seen to be giving me special trreatment or anything, so i really don't know how it's going to go. but what a waste if it causes me to fail