Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My music

My music

Since I had such a positive reaction to my track I was given enough of a confidence boost to take some of the tracks I wrote years ago off tape cassette.

Finally, I am getting some reasonable quality recordings. You can hear the crackling all the way through! and they are far from perfect, so please please be gentle!

I wrote a song when I was 15, and there was a section I liked enough to pull out and make it its own song in its own right.
    Here it is:
    https://soundcloud.com/beautifulpricklyrose/sdtrol
    By the way, SDTROL stands for Somewhere Down The Road Of Life.

You really do have a gift! I'd have love to have been able to write like that now, let alone when I was 15!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (01-02-15)

Thankyou...It was easier when I was 15, I had a string of silly boyfriends who inspired the songs! Its only because I can remember who the songs were about that I can guess how old I was when I wrote them!
    The person this is about... well, he wrote ME a song as well. I really really wish he had given me a copy of it.

Awww
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Gorgeous! I had 2 thoughts. Would you be able to re-record this with your new piano to get a better quality recording? And are you thinking about composing some new music? - that would be fab!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I could record a piano only-version as the keyboard I have now only has piano sounds.
    To do these songs, I had a keyboard that had loads of sounds and I could record parts separately, getting the effect of an orchestra, drums, and then I put it onto 4-track tape to get onto the track anything that didn't come from the keyboard, i.e. my voice. and in some cases flute or sax.
    I had quite a sophisticated set-up for a teenager, it was all my dad's stuff. And he borrowed a professional microphone for the recording when I am singing.
    I could think about building out a studio when I get my house, and do some more work on song-writing, I think for now I am going to concentrate on my piano technical skills as that's what I have the equipment to do.
    I am thinking about piano lessons, just not sure how to fit them in around work and exercise!

That takes me back, though I'm older than you so equipment at school was good but not that good. My music teacher was awesome and managed to convince management to get us so much stuff. I left school in 1990 and she's still a friend! Just jammin' and making it up as we went along was my fav
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We had nothing like it at school. The intention was that I would study at university to be a sound engineer but I didn't get good enough grades.
    Jammin is the best and always so fun when it comes together. I think you form a special connection with someone when you make music together.

Thankyou for saying its gorgeous

Of the two tracks the first is my favourite, but both are pretty fab. I wish I had a talent like yours