Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dreams

The dreams where you wake up convinced they actually happened are really not nice at all.
    Even if its something simple like going to the shop, or something more dramatic, its so disorienting.
    New, my teeth falling out and me coughing them up was one variation of that dream. Sometimes it was batteries I had swallowed.
    Thank goodness I never had hallucinations with Citalopram. Its really weird you got the same kind of dream!
    The AD that caused the worst dreams, for me was Fluoxetine.

i had this crazy dream while drugged up to the eyeballs on co-codamol just before i went into hospital with pneumonia (long story). i dreamed i was the Empress of China (yes, Empress) and my army of butterflied prawns was waltzing on a sea of milk before exploding into a brilliant firework dispay. the next thing i knew i was Clint Eastwood.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Scientist For This Useful Post:

S deleted (31-01-15)

new2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    New, my teeth falling out and me coughing them up was one variation of that dream. Sometimes it was batteries I had swallowed.
    Thank goodness I never had hallucinations with Citalopram. Its really weird you got the same kind of dream!
    I wonder if there's a reason to the choking, my medic brain would love to know the science behind that. How funny, glad it wasn't just me though.
    Hallucinations = not cool, the idea of "reality" is completely lost because I would swear on my life what I was seeing was real. Almost called an ambulance for the dead man on my floor once. Thank God my mum stopped me!!! I wonder how often emergency services get called to hallucinations, can't be that uncommon

And LOL scientist wtf hahahahaa

i would actually be really interested to know why some people have more abstract or crazy dreams and if there was a link to any other characteristics/genes/brain pathways etc

Chroniko
    Well... these are some interesting dreams.

There is an old Jungian theory that suggested that dreams 'metaphorically' express parts of us which we suppress during our waking life. So I guess by that logic it would be more to do with how you behave in your waking life. Although I'm not sure how scientific this all is, hehe... I too would like to know if there are any links at all, but some dreams (at least some of mine) are very hard to explain and because they are purely phenomenological to the individual, it would be extremely difficult to apply any scientific study on them.

But they are curious things, dreams. Has anyone had a lucid dream before?

Hugo-agogo
    I was watching NCIS today where Abby was having a recurring dream about waking up on a mortician's tray following a trauma. This would be disturbing for most, except she's a Goth and sleeps in a coffin! What this meant to her was being alone, which is what she feared the most. I know it's just fiction but I thought it was a nice example of how subconscious worries can feature in dreams even when their simple real meaning to us isn't always obvious. I get glimpses and sneak peaks at my dreams, and they give me a general idea of how I'm feeling about myself.

I'll tell you something tho, people that I've lost are often there, often just as they were. So I changed my mind about dismissing people who say the important people you lost are still with you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo-agogo For This Useful Post:

S deleted (20-02-15)

I'll cut a long story short but basically I dreamt I got married and got majorly drunk, as ya do, and I woke up with a seriously bad headache!

njr
    Ive been there stella. On zopiclone my dreams are so vivid. I once hot up for work and started changing the wheel on my car because i was convinced i had a flat tyre during my dream. It was only when i had got the jack under the car i thought. That tyres not flat. I didn't even look at the wheel till i'd got up early and got the jack and spare out of the boot. Oh how i laughed (not).

Very vivid dreams and mostly not very nice on zopi (thats in my case. Not everyone is the same on zopi). The price we must pay to sleep sometimes.

Njr

11. The Following User Says Thank You to njr For This Useful Post:

S deleted (20-02-15)

Chroniko
    Something else I have noticed - I am often someone completely different in my dreams. I wonder if anyone else experiences it?

new2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    But they are curious things, dreams. Has anyone had a lucid dream before?
    I get what i suppose you would call a lucid dream. my psych gave it a name once 'sleep paralysis' apparently
    dont know how common it is, but your aware of yourself being asleep but cant move or do anything about it. and i usually feel like someones in my room watching me/plotting to kill me. again knowing im asleep and trying to wake myself up to make sure no ones there.
    all very odd. not very nice