Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dreams

dreams

post weird/funny/notable dreams you've had!

Last night I dreamt that I turned up at the theatre for tonight's show (except it wasn't the theatre, it was Minas Tirith) and the director calls me over and says we're not doing it tonight, we're doing a different play. I tried to tell her we'd never rehearsed (or even heard of) this other play, but she was having none of it. So I did my best to prepare before I get a call from a friend asking me to come save her from Hogwarts library. On the way there I sort of adopt three piglets (one pink, one black, and one pink with black patches). Next thing I know I'm being chased around my grandparents' house by the devil, before appearing back on stage with the piglets. I don't remember the rest.

Your turn!

That sounds interesting!!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Chroniko
    Around 4-6 years ago, my biggest interest was dream interpretation, since I used to have lots of interesting dreams... I think I'm still a little in to it now. Their was this dream dictionary at my school library and I'd often go to school early so I could look at what my dream 'meant' from the night before. I go through phases where I remember a lot of my dreams still... although unfortunately right now they are a little bland...

Ironically, when I was much younger, I used to be afraid of skeletons as I used to dream about them chasing me around, usually my house and at school... now I find them kind of interesting and I've been able to work with them. It's funny how things turned out.

i had a recurring dream when i was very little where i'd be in this dungeon, see my dad running up some stairs and turn around to see a skeleton behind me which would then proceed to eat me

new2015
    I had the same recurring nightmare and sleeping walking with awful night terrors for most of my childhood.
    I was a rabbit (dont ask) and the farmer with the shot gun would chase me round the fields, but i couldnt run fast enough. I would hide in my burrow but i couldnt get out the otherside because of his dog. Always ended with being shot and skinned and hung up on the board of his shed, but i never used to wake up until the nails went into my tail.

Chroniko, feel free to interpret that hahaha
    Funniest thing is im scared of rabbits now- not farmers or shotguns...

When I was younger I had a recurring nightmare for months which had me going up and down in lift trying to escape the pink elephants which were charging at me. It sounds silly now, but it got to a point where I was too terrified to sleep... Still can't watch Dumbo..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I had a recurring dream as a kid of waking up opening the airing cupboard door to find a meadow with a scary looking old house on the other side. The house was haunted and when trying to get away from the ghosts, there were like these little chimney stacks in the floor that would suck you up like a vacuum cleaner and I got stuck, bum first in one of them

I used to have a recurring dream that I had swallowed something and had to cough it up. I would wake up coughing. I had it about once a month for about 8 years! It only stopped when I came off Citalopram!
    I had a dream when I was really little about being a blind person, I got out of a car and there were these exploding penguins, if I touched the penguins I would die. I still remember it to this day. But I am not scared of penguins.

new2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I used to have a recurring dream that I had swallowed something and had to cough it up. I would wake up coughing. I had it about once a month for about 8 years! It only stopped when I came off Citalopram!
    WEIRD. I used to have very similar dreams when I was taking Citalopram too! All my teeth would rot inside my mouth them start to fall out and I would choke on them until I woke myself up coughing. I think vivid dreams are a side effect of most ADs but citalopram was definitely the worst for me for that - dont get me started on the hallucinations

only meds that I had dream issues with was Amitryptoline. When taking those I once spent on hour searching the house for the bread and milk I'd bought from the shop,only to realise I hadn't been to the shop at all I had just dreamt it. The lines between reality and dreams were seriously blurred.