PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Suzi
16-02-15, 07:12 PM
(rofl) No, I don't think it's a best plan ever, but I have double figures to lose too Jaq - maybe you'd like to join me/us? I was so ashamed when I stood on the scales last week.

magie06
16-02-15, 07:21 PM
6.5 stone. Thats what I startec with. Now I've got 4.5 stone to go. I have to be dedicated to lose the rest. My gp was happy with the progress that I've made so far. I just need to apply myself again. So this week nothing but fruit for snacks, and a very healthy fruit salad for lunch. I want to see a loss on Thursday.

Jaquaia
16-02-15, 07:54 PM
It might give me some motivation to stick to it! Walked the dog around the block today and it nearly killed me! I want to be able to take him for long walks but nowhere near fit enough yet. Might have to give the wii a hammering!

rose
16-02-15, 09:17 PM
Just increase how far you walk a little bit each day Jaq. I am amazed at what I can walk now compared to when I started, but I also have days where the whole walk is hard work.
I was really good today, just a bowl of cereal, beans on toast and half a chocolate cookie. Then I blew it because we went out for dinner.
The high singing tinnitus in my ears reminds me, once again, that I can't keep doing this.
OH goes back to work tomorrow so my fitness routine can start properly again, without interruption.

Suzi
16-02-15, 11:23 PM
Come on Jaq! If you want to do it then we can do it together!

Jaquaia
16-02-15, 11:59 PM
What the hell. I'm in! Have started by not having sugar in my tea!

magie06
17-02-15, 08:19 AM
Welcome, and best of luck. I hope we can get our little gang to be feeling a lot "littler" by Easter Sunday. That's 6 weeks away. Lets see what we can do. We should give ourselves a name, something small but catching. How about everyone has a think about it, and come back to us. Here we go. 6 weeks at two pounds a week would be 12 lbs almost a stone. Or 6 weeks at one pound a week would be almost a half stone. Either way it would be a great weight loss.

rose
17-02-15, 09:09 AM
This is awesome! I started my day with sit-ups, only ten, but I am going to increase by 2 a day.

Suzi
17-02-15, 10:36 AM
Hoorah! This shall be awesome indeed!! For me it's really helped thinking of it as 1 or 2lbs per week rather than xx stone.. Thanks Magie!

Jaquaia
17-02-15, 10:53 AM
I think I'll start by trying to sort out my eating habits. I need to be eating proper meals and stop picking. I just never feel hungry enough for a proper meal. That and remember to take my metformin to try and sort out the insulin resistance.

I don't know about you ladies, but I can't follow a diet because as soon as it says I can't have something it's all I want to eat!

Suzi
17-02-15, 11:04 AM
I went through a bad patch when I was at uni with food and since then I've vowed to never count calories again - I know it seems crazy, but I know where I've been before with that and tbh I don't want to go there again, especially not now I have little girls itms?

rose
17-02-15, 11:05 AM
Allow yourself a bit of the things you like, don't cut them out entirely. Make sure you eat regularly, so the body doesn't get into the habit of storing. If you are picking, you won't be hungry at mealtimes. If you are snacking, snack on fruit. Do you have diabetes Jaq?

rose
17-02-15, 11:07 AM
I am counting calories, but only because I feel I need a scientific way to lose weight. And I am allowing myself around 1,500 calories a day, which is a good amount.

Jaquaia
17-02-15, 11:11 AM
Suzi, it makes perfect sense. There's too much pressure on girls to look "perfect" as it is. Healthy eating is a much better lesson for them to learn :)

Rose, no which surprises my doctor with how big I am! I have the metformin for PCOS. From what I've read online, if I can sort the associated insuline resistance out it'll make it a little easier to lose weight.

rose
17-02-15, 11:18 AM
I must say, I also think the NHS guidelines for weight are very strict. My 'healthy' weight is anything between 8 and 11 stone. If I was 8 stone I'd be about a size 8 and be just about skinny enough to be on a catwalk. That's just not realistic and I don't think its safe either.
I am aiming for the higher part of the healthy range (10-11stone)
I think finding a weight you are comfortable with is very important.

Jaquaia
17-02-15, 12:24 PM
The NHS guidelines are unrealistic. According to BMI most rugby players are obese!

Paula
17-02-15, 12:43 PM
I must say, I also think the NHS guidelines for weight are very strict. My 'healthy' weight is anything between 8 and 11 stone. If I was 8 stone I'd be about a size 8 and be just about skinny enough to be on a catwalk. That's just not realistic and I don't think its safe either.
I am aiming for the higher part of the healthy range (10-11stone)
I think finding a weight you are comfortable with is very important.

You're right. My 17 yo is 5'2" and 8st6lbs, and a size 8. She wanted to start giving blood but she's not allowed for another 3 years cos she's too small, and there's a high risk of fainting. And those are the same NHS rules that says 8st is healthy

Jaquaia
17-02-15, 01:25 PM
Small bowl of porridge for breakfast made with semi-skimmed milk and no sugar. Just a drizzle of maple syrup. It's a start!

rose
17-02-15, 02:08 PM
I did a lap of the park, about a third of it jogging... 150 calories burnt. My legs didn't hurt down the front (I did some stretching) but they ache now.
I will probably do a workout later but now I am going to get into bed and have a little nap.

Suzi
17-02-15, 02:57 PM
Wow, go you! That's brilliant!

rose
18-02-15, 03:28 PM
12 situps, 10 pushups, and then another half walk/half jog of the park.
Keeping my food intake pretty low, I've lost 2lbs since Saturday. The routine will be totally thrown with the interview tomorrow but if I can keep my weight level now I'll have done my 2lb goal for the week. Another 1lb would be very very nice. My weigh in is Saturday morning.

Suzi
18-02-15, 04:03 PM
Wow, that's masses of exercises!

rose
18-02-15, 04:24 PM
Its not a very large park Suzi :)

Jaquaia
18-02-15, 05:33 PM
Well done Rose! I've made a cake, done 1 load of washing, washed the pots, walked up and down stairs more than I normally would, not a lot but more than I have been doing!

Suzi
18-02-15, 07:43 PM
Lol! I don't think I've stopped all day, but apart from a large lingerie bill I don't have a lot to show for it!

rose
18-02-15, 09:49 PM
I ended today with a 21 minute workout.190 calories. Whoop!
Suzi, you made me laugh, well you do cover quite a lot of ground when walking around the shops!

magie06
19-02-15, 09:55 AM
The same again this week. Very disappointed with that news, I thought I would be down, even a half a pound, but no, the same.

rose
19-02-15, 10:09 AM
The same is better than up, remember that. I am down 2lbs this week, but I was up 2lbs last week, so basically I am the same. Unless I can get another 1lb off by Saturday.
Did WW give you any suggestions about how you could lose more weight? You already did 2stone!

magie06
19-02-15, 10:14 AM
I've got comfortable with my 2 stone. Its time to settle down and realise that I've got at least 2 more stone to go. Hopefully, I can apply myself this week. Just go back to basics, read the book again and go back to the beginning.

Suzi
19-02-15, 10:36 AM
Magie, staying the same is frustrating, but you haven't put on which is brilliant!

magie06
19-02-15, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the support. It's so verư disheartening when I put so much much work into the week.
I brought Aisling and a friend to the cinema today. I had a largecup of club orange and I ate a full share size bag of revels by myself. I didn't share with the kids, I ate them all myself. Now I'm crying because I didn't have any will power today. The chocolate was lovely though.

rose
19-02-15, 06:19 PM
Magie, sod it, you worked hard and you still had a bad weigh-in, so why not indulge a bit. Sometimes our bodies just do not do what we want them to. Your heart wanted chocolate revels so why not.
Don't cry, please. I know you want to lose weight but its not worth crying over.

Paula
19-02-15, 06:38 PM
Hunni, denying yourself something 7 days a week for weeks or months at a time is not good for you. Sometimes we need to treat ourselves to give us momentum for the next week. And, at the cinema I've been known to do the same. Please don't get upset over it, Rose is right, it's not worth getting upset over

Can I ask, have you ever felt happy with your body?

magie06
19-02-15, 07:13 PM
Oh yes, I didn't have any problem with it until
I first went on antidepressants. I know that I wasn't perfect, about a size 14 - 16, but I was happy with it.
The clothes that I have in the wardrobe are now going out of date, but I don't want to give them away because I really won't have a stitch to ware.

rose
19-02-15, 07:37 PM
Its sort of the same with me, I am not buying myself anything new as I don't intend to be this weight for long, and as I am not working I don't need to do the daily fashion show at the office so I can get away with not buying clothes.
Do you mean you put on weight on antidepressants, or you suddenly became unhappy with your body around that time?
Sometimes I get obsessed, I think its part of my OCD, that my eyebrows are wrong or my arms are too fat and it takes days for those thoughts to go.

magie06
19-02-15, 08:51 PM
Yes, I think the antidepressants put me in the humour for eating. Eating everything in site, and buying the wrong kinds of food. I felt that I shouldn't leave the house, so the shopping is done by my husband.
I just wish that I didn't go on the tablets, if I hadn't then I wouldn't be in this situation. My OCD has me counting all my points every day, and getting so upset when I eat more than my share of points in a day.

rose
19-02-15, 09:11 PM
If you had stayed depressed, you might have found you were comfort-eating or denying yourself any food at all. And anti-depressants help with OCD. I know my ADs make me want to eat, but when I was really depressed I barely ate at all, that's probably no better!
If you had never gone on ADs, who knows where you'd be now. I remember when you first posted, how bad you felt. I am glad you stuck around. I think you can do this Magie, but maybe you need a week off at some point... I am wondering about dieting every other week, because its so hard to do it all the time.

Suzi
19-02-15, 10:11 PM
Oh hunni, please please please don't cry over a bag of revels. Hunni, you are so much more than what a set of scales reads..

rose
20-02-15, 05:40 AM
Because I told Magie not to cry, I am trying not to cry at how I have undone days of good work in ten minutes, by eating my daily calorie allowance in chocolate cookies. Damn!!!!! :(

Paula
20-02-15, 08:55 AM
(bear) hunni why were you up so early?

Suzi
20-02-15, 09:30 AM
Don't cry hunni... It's OK. You can get through it.

magie06
20-02-15, 10:23 AM
Paula, I was up early because Aisling's friend was waiting for us to collect her at 10.30. Before that I had an appointment with weight watchers. The weight times are 8.30 to 9, and 9.30 to 10, with a talk in between. I missed the 8.30 time so I had to wait until 9.30.
I have my timetable sorted out in my head and if it doesn't happen it sets off a chain of events, that I sometimes find hard to control. The car could have had a flat tyre, we might have run out of petrol, Sarah could have been sick or Aisling could have been sick.
Take today for example, aisling climbed into our bed at some stage before 2 last night. I woke cold, so I went into another. Aisling was still asleep, and I wanted to stay asleep as long as possible. Eventually the phone woke her at 9.30. This was excellent because I've nothing organised for today. A trip up town, to pick up the carbon paper and maybe the credit union. Thats all.

rose
20-02-15, 11:35 AM
I was awake early due to bad dreams. I just couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do but eat chocolate cookies.
I had some low fat porridge for breakfast and I'll get the flat clean to burn some calories off, perhaps I'll make a salad for lunch. If the weather stays dry I might attempt a jog later. I forgot my situps before breakfast so I'll do them later. The aim of them is to tone the muscles underneath so as I start to lose weight my stomach will get a nice shape.
As I was awake early, I watched as OH got his suit on for work. He looks so much slimmer, good for him!!!! I am worried about how little he is eating though, but he promised today he'd have a full English for breakfast which was good.

magie06
20-02-15, 02:27 PM
My husband is not on a diet and refuses to do the ww plan with me. But thats okay. I can do this on my own.
So far today, I've eaten, my breakfast was wheetabix with blue berries, and lunch was a slimbo with slim cut ham and salad.
I had a banana and a pear.
I've had a litre and a half of water, and no snacks or diet coke.
Thats all I've eaten since I got up today. I've written all of my food into my food diary and counted the points, which were nil, because all the foods were from the filling and healthy list in my book. No bad foods for me today.

rose
20-02-15, 03:09 PM
Nice one Magie :)
I have done what I said I would... porridge for breakfast and salad with some feta cheese for lunch.
23 minute dance workout. Not loving the idea of a jog though. And I would really really like some chocolate lol

magie06
20-02-15, 05:18 PM
Yes, some chocolate would be delicious. But I'm going to continue my filling and healthy plan and I intend to stick with it.
Today I'm going to have a baked potato with beans for dinner. That will fill me for the night and I hope it will keep me going till the morning.
Then I'll start again tomorrow.

rose
20-02-15, 05:32 PM
I tried to go jogging but the front of my shins hurt so badly that I came pretty much straight home. I am so hungry its ridiculous. I have snacked on a low fat yoghurt and a pear, but today has been the hardest day so far, by a long way.
Dinner will be salmon, probably with peppers and some pasta.
If I haven't lost another 1lb by tomorrow I will cry, this is too hard to not be doing any good.

magie06
20-02-15, 07:00 PM
I'd love to sit with a Christmas box of chocolate biscuits and just eat them all.
I believe that the Cadbury's ones were the nicest ones this year.
My body seems to be crying out for chocolate, probably because of the revels yesterday. I have to learn that I am in charge here and I don't have to give into these temptations.
I can treat this weight problem with the same strengh that I gave to the intrusive thoughts that I've had with my depression.

rose
20-02-15, 07:38 PM
I am craving chocolate too. I had dinner and I'm still hungry. I've completely bust my calories for today. But I did well the rest of the week. The weigh-in tomorrow will tell all!

magie06
20-02-15, 08:55 PM
Best of luck for tomorrow. I hope the scales treat you kindly. You deserve a good weight loss tomorrow.

Suzi
20-02-15, 09:02 PM
Hope the weigh in goes well tomorrow Rose. I've had a shocking day eating wise - as in I hadn't apart from a naked bar and a few sweets until I had dinner about 7... It's just been one hell of a day!

rose
21-02-15, 10:41 AM
I lost 4 LBS!!!!! I can't believe it, so happy. I am now 14 stone 7lbs. All that hunger was worth it.

Suzi
21-02-15, 11:25 AM
Woohoo! Go you!

Paula
21-02-15, 11:26 AM
Well done :)

magie06
21-02-15, 11:30 AM
Well done you. All the exercises paid off. You go girl.

Suzi
23-02-15, 01:05 PM
2 pounds off this week! Am surprised and thrilled. 10 pounds down and I think it's the support here. Thank you!

rose
23-02-15, 01:08 PM
That's so brilliant Suzi, you are on your way to a stone already! Its funny because we all have different weigh-in days, I forget whose is when.
Magie, I think you are going to beat me this week because my motivation is zero, what do you think?

magie06
23-02-15, 02:10 PM
Rose, I'm not so sure. I've not really sticking to any plan this week. I've not been hungry any day yet, but I've not gone very far off the rails either. I've not been eating my fruit.
Congratulations Suzi, that was a brillant loss. You must be delighted to be nearly a stone down already.

Paula
23-02-15, 02:29 PM
Fantastic Suzi! :)

Suzi
23-02-15, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much. I've so much more than you all to lose that I'm thrilled that I've lost anything and was completely expecting to have a gain this week...

rose
23-02-15, 09:42 PM
You may have more than me to lose, but you have also lost more than I have already, in just two weeks. This is why its good to pair with someone a similar weight, because if I was paired with you Suzi I'd have lost motivation lol.
I did better this evening. I had dinner but no dessert and no hunger cravings. According to my calorie intake I should do some exercise now... I suppose I better put the wii on.

Suzi
24-02-15, 09:42 AM
Lol sorry hunni. I didn't mean to make you feel bad..

rose
24-02-15, 10:33 AM
Suzi, no you didn't make me feel bad at all! Because, like you say, your situation is different to mine.
I am totally jealous of your weight loss, but if I had lost that much in two weeks I'd probably have to totally starve myself to do it, and probably be quite ill now.

Despite stuffing my face this week, my weight has so far remained static. If I can be sensible the rest of the week, hopefully I'll drop 1lb.
I can't wait to be able to get into clothes again!

Suzi
24-02-15, 02:15 PM
Thank you lovely lady

Paula
24-02-15, 05:53 PM
I can't wait to be able to get into clothes again!

Sorry, hun, that made me (giggle), are you running around naked at the mo then? (rofl)

rose
24-02-15, 06:20 PM
Pretty much Paula.... lol. I haven't bothered to buy new clothes because I don't like anything and I am not going to be this size forever. Basically, the weight has got to go, otherwise I will have to go out naked. Its my motivational tool lol
I've got one interview dress that fits!

rose
28-02-15, 05:25 PM
Same weight this week, 14stone 7lbs. At least its not up!

magie06
28-02-15, 05:45 PM
Well done Rose. That was a great result for this week. Well done you. I'm still at 14stone 10. Perhaps I'll be the one to be down next week.

rose
28-02-15, 05:50 PM
It took me weeks to get off the 14stone 10lb mark, I was up a bit, down a bit, I was so relieved when I had the determination to really diet for a week and pass that hurdle properly. I have been eating a lot of chocolate but I've also been more active and I think that's helped.
I'd love to be 14 stone by the end of March.

magie06
28-02-15, 05:57 PM
That would be wonderful. I'd love to be down to 14 stone too. Maybe that will spur me on a bit. I'm gone a bit lazy since Christmas and haven't lost anything, and definitely haven't lost enough to satisfy either myself or my doctor. This is the week that I start again.

rose
28-02-15, 06:01 PM
I was lazy last week with the diet but I am trying harder this week. I think a week on/ week off works better for me.

magie06
28-02-15, 06:04 PM
I think I have to get a push to get me going again. I've got an hours worth of exercise to do, but since I took out the vacuum it's put me right off doing them.

Paula
28-02-15, 07:11 PM
Exercise is the key. Since I've hurt my back ive put on 3/4 a stone :(

rose
28-02-15, 07:59 PM
Its so easy Paula, if you eat a bar of chocolate its at least half of what you should eat all day. I hope your back feels better soon and you can get moving again.

magie06
28-02-15, 07:59 PM
I'm after eating a smoothy ice lolly. 82 calories and I think almost as nice as a magnum. And a lot less calories.

Suzi
28-02-15, 08:18 PM
Ooo I like those too

Paula
28-02-15, 08:41 PM
Its so easy Paula, if you eat a bar of chocolate its at least half of what you should eat all day. I hope your back feels better soon and you can get moving again.

I really hope so, dealing with my knee was hard, but I'd got to a point where I was coping. If my back doesn't get sorted ......well, let's just say it's having a huge impact on everything in my life

rose
28-02-15, 08:51 PM
There is no reason why it won't heal Paula, you might just have to be patient. Having depression means that we become as patient as saints!

Paula
28-02-15, 10:21 PM
I'm seeing the consultant Wednesday so hopefully will be the start of getting it sorted. Lying down is hard so I'm not sleeping well, and I'm not good on reduced sleep - my poor family lol

rose
28-02-15, 10:50 PM
Try lying totally flat on your back, see if that helps?

Paula
28-02-15, 11:47 PM
Ah the nature and position of the problem means laying on my back is agony. And getting up is vomit enducing. Except I have to lay on my back because i can't stand the pressure on my knee in any other position.

rose
28-02-15, 11:59 PM
(swear)(swear)(swear)(swear) Paula, that sounds really bad :(

Paula
01-03-15, 12:04 AM
Yes it is :/

Suzi
01-03-15, 10:55 AM
Oh Paula I'm sorry that things aren't getting better....

Paula
01-03-15, 01:49 PM
It's ok, I've dealt with worse and survived

Suzi
01-03-15, 04:54 PM
I know, but it still sucks...

Paula
01-03-15, 05:50 PM
Yeh, it does. I've just turned down an invite for a friends 50th because I'm going to Devon the following weekend and I can't do 2 long journeys in a week. Ah well

Suzi
01-03-15, 10:10 PM
It's not the same, but maybe you and your friend could meet up a different time?

As an aside issue I am dreading tomorrow weigh in....

Paula
01-03-15, 10:17 PM
Yes please get this thread back to its original meaning! I was intending being so good this weekend, but my daughter baked the most delicious, chewy double chocolate chip cookies yesterday ........ Don't think the scales are going to be my friend tomorrow

Suzi
01-03-15, 10:29 PM
At least we can commiserate together.... With a cookie or 3....

Paula
01-03-15, 10:30 PM
My mouths watering just thinking about them. If she can bake like that at 13 ..........

Suzi
02-03-15, 11:18 AM
I know you aren't going to believe me, but I stood on my scales today but the battery has died and I don't have spare ones... So I have no idea how bad the actual weight is...

Paula
02-03-15, 12:59 PM
Or good .....

I stayed the same

magie06
02-03-15, 03:20 PM
So everyone was better than me. How cruel? Someone other than me should be in my company. This week is going to be my week.

rose
02-03-15, 05:28 PM
I woke up at midnight last night and ate a whole bag of cookies, about 2000 calories.
Suzi, excuses excuses lol ;)

Jaquaia
03-03-15, 11:40 AM
Walked the dog around the block. In sleet and snow too! And with him being a husky it was done in double time so yay me!

Suzi
03-03-15, 11:48 AM
Well done! I'm surprised you didn't stand on a tray and then get your husky to pull you around! Lol..

Jaquaia
03-03-15, 04:40 PM
He ripped his dew claw off last week so he's feeling sorry for himself at the moment. My arm is still in it's socket as he actually walked nicely! When he's himself I have to either almost run around or lean right back!

Paula
03-03-15, 05:59 PM
Lol my 2 are greyhounds so are beautiful on the lead .... Unless they spot a squirrel, or a cat, or a bird ...... But not hedgehogs, apparently hedgehogs are evil ;)

Jaquaia
03-03-15, 06:28 PM
Paula, I've had to physically drag him out from under a hedge before after he spotted a bird. And I've lost count of the times I've had to chase him around the garden after he decided the resident hedgehogs were really balls and he wanted to play with them, so brought one in to bed!!! Luckily no hedgehogs at this house

Suzi
03-03-15, 07:07 PM
Lol! Bless him!

Paula
03-03-15, 07:09 PM
(giggle)

Jaquaia
03-03-15, 08:45 PM
Walked him again after tea and he was more himself, which means he's pulled and I've hurt the left hand side of my back :(

Hot shower later me thinks to see if that helps. On the plus side, another half a mile walked! :)

Suzi
03-03-15, 09:25 PM
Oh no! Be careful and rest hunni x

Paula
03-03-15, 10:48 PM
I knew it!

The art of before-and-after pictures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-31638187

rose
04-03-15, 12:08 AM
So basically I need a spray tan and kinder lighting.... haha I'll mention this to my consultant next time I see her!

rose
04-03-15, 12:23 AM
Suzi, have you managed to do your weigh in this week, or are you shying away from it? I haven't checked my weight at all so far this week, my diet has been ok but my motivation for exercise is all but gone. I am not even filling in my food diary properly. Its hard to stay motivated. The only weeks I have lost a reasonable amount of weight are the weeks when I have been mostly hungry, and being hungry is no good in job interviews or in hot hospitals. I don't really fancy fainting in a hospital lol.

Suzi
04-03-15, 10:15 AM
Am aiming to go out and get scales as it appears not to be the batteries... We think..... But I've had a shocking week diet wise, too many things getting in the way....

rose
04-03-15, 10:18 AM
I just did my mid-week weigh in and I am up 1-2 lbs. dammit! but what can I expect when I am not really doing anything about it this week.
Magie, are you going to win this week?

Paula
04-03-15, 10:39 AM
When I'm off my crutches and walking the dogs - I'm gonna thrash you all :) (giggle)

Jaquaia
04-03-15, 12:17 PM
When I take all my tablets and get my hormones under control and start walking the dog for longer and start eating better I'll be half the woman I am now (rofl)

Suzi
04-03-15, 02:49 PM
ROFL, you and me both!!

magie06
04-03-15, 07:40 PM
I'll be down tomorrow, i just know it. I've had a sick tummy since yesterday and let's just say, I've seen the bathroom too many times today. It's bound to have had an effect on my weight. Lol

rose
04-03-15, 07:44 PM
There has to be a silver lining to a poorly tummy. I hope you beat me this week.
I was good all day then pigged out on cookies so I don't think I'll be down this week!

magie06
04-03-15, 07:55 PM
You might! I've not been snow white all week either.

magie06
05-03-15, 01:22 PM
Well I was down three and a half pounds this morning. Delighted. We had a different "teacher" today. She was very good and went through what we might have in the cubbard. Things like tuna, beans and different breads. Talking about making more of mealtimes, any rime we eat to plant our backside on a seat. A good talk.

rose
05-03-15, 02:59 PM
3.5 lbs?! WOW Magie well done!!!! :)

magie06
05-03-15, 03:21 PM
Thanks. It was all to do with the poorly tummy I had yesterday! There was no way I would have been down otherwise.

Suzi
05-03-15, 05:14 PM
Sorry you had a poorly tummy, but wow that's a huge loss! Well done!

Paula
05-03-15, 05:44 PM
Wow! That's brilliant

magie06
05-03-15, 06:20 PM
If I did what I did this week and was down 3.5 again for the next 2 weeks, that would be a dream to me. I first went back to ww when I was 14.5 stone. Then I couldn't lose any weight at all. I think I got down to 14 st. before I left them. The I stopped going and put up another stone. Then I went back to ww and lost another .5 st. and left again. Then I stayed away for long enough to put on another stone. Now I've been back about 1 year and have lost those 2 st. Now I can concentrate on losing the original 5st that I needed to lose. I wish I could find an easier way to lose it. If anyone has a magic wand please, please wave it in my direction and make me skinny again.

Suzi
05-03-15, 09:55 PM
I've never been skinny... I would be happy with x stone gone like a magic wand!

magie06
05-03-15, 10:57 PM
Its hard especially with all the drugs that we are on. If it wasn't for the drugs, I wouldn't be this size. I have to stick to the programme and I will lose it.

Paula
05-03-15, 11:28 PM
Its hard especially with all the drugs that we are on. If it wasn't for the drugs, I wouldn't be this size. I have to stick to the programme and I will lose it.

Yep so true

Suzi
06-03-15, 08:16 AM
Yup very true.

magie06
06-03-15, 01:44 PM
The manufacturer of the tablets has said that weight gain doesn't happen on medication. They even produceď a program similar to any of the weight loss programs. I think they wanted to prove that they weren't harming the paitent they were trying to cure.

Suzi
06-03-15, 06:36 PM
Hugs hunni...

rose
06-03-15, 09:24 PM
My medication doesn't make me gain weight, it makes me hungry and crave sugary foods. And you may think that's the same thing, but for the drug company that means they can say 'nope, it doesn't make you gain weight'
But these drugs saved my life so I am not going to be too hard on them

Its my weigh in tomorrow and I am sure I am up this week.

Paula
06-03-15, 09:43 PM
My weight gain and loss has always been in direct correlation with what Meds I'm on, and at what doses. Mirtazapine, for example, I've been on a few different times - every time I start taking it I put on at least a stone, every time I come off it I lose at least a stone it is what it is but it's ridiculous for the drug firms to say they have no impact. With Mirtazapine, it makes you sluggish do you don't move as much. But I'd much rather be taking them, be overweight and well, than be thinner off the drugs and be ill.

Paula
06-03-15, 09:44 PM
Oh and I put on another lb. I can't wait for my back to be sorted .......

Suzi
06-03-15, 09:46 PM
Hugs ladies.

rose
07-03-15, 09:32 AM
Venlafaxine is my eating drug. The higher the dose, the more hungry and sleepy I become. I only take 37.5 a day now... I must be super sensitive to it

The results are in... UP 2lbs. Oh well, it could be worse!

Suzi
07-03-15, 11:02 AM
In on several which all have weight gain as side effects...

Sorry it's an up for you rose, but you've had a tough week lovely x

magie06
07-03-15, 09:32 PM
Don't worry rose, it will come off again. It could be worse anyway, and you had a very tough week.

Suzi
09-03-15, 04:02 PM
2lbs up this week. Am not stressing about it, but it is what it is.

Jaquaia
09-03-15, 04:25 PM
Well I've not been eating well, craving chocolate all the time so think my TOTM is due, which would make sense as my last was in January. Still not been weighed but I have been taking all my meds (yay me!) so hopefully any insulin resistance with the PCOS will sort itself out and I'll stop craving sugary foods!

Paula
09-03-15, 04:36 PM
Well done Jaq!!!

rose
09-03-15, 04:44 PM
Well done Jaq! Suzi, you got your scales fixed?

Suzi
09-03-15, 05:46 PM
Well done Jaq.
Yup rose!

EJ
09-03-15, 06:32 PM
I'm going back to weight watchers. I have been working a lot of Saturday's so I have been unable to get to meetings. I am going into my weight danger zone (heavy) My boss keeps looking at my stomach which looks as if I am pregnant. I'm relatively slim except for a fat stomach. The scales don't lie. I'm back on the filling and healthy or the filling and fun as I like to call it. I also swam fifty lengths tonight. If I can find a way of scanning a picture of me then you would see what I mean.

Suzi
09-03-15, 08:40 PM
You'd be welcome to join the others and myself on our weight loss journey....

rose
09-03-15, 09:27 PM
Please join us if you think it will help you EJ. I also hold my weight on my tummy, I think I look pregnant.
OH has been swimming and he is losing a lot of weight. 50 lengths is fab :)

magie06
10-03-15, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure what my weight is going to be like this week. The trip to Dublin meant fast food for lunch, and a lot of diet drinks through out the day. But I did a lot of walking and I really had sore muscles in my legs all day Sunday. I've got another 2 days to weight in and I guess I could do a lot of damage or a lot of good in those two days! It's my weight loss journey so its really up to me.

rose
10-03-15, 01:03 PM
Mine is going to be terrible this week, I have pretty much put dieting and exercise to one side for the moment although I'll keep an eye on my weight.

Suzi
10-03-15, 02:38 PM
Hang on in there ladies...

magie06
10-03-15, 09:47 PM
I've been to physio this afternoon, and I've got to start back onto my exercises straight away. I had only a short time to spend at physio, because I had to go to Galway for a funeral. The physio did a bit of work on my sore hip. It has been sore for about 4 weeks and the tablets that I took didn't make much difference to me. The muscle in my hip is weak, and in spasm at the moment, so she worked on that to try to relax the muscle.

Suzi
10-03-15, 09:57 PM
Hope the funeral went as well as it can do... What's up with your back? I thought you were doing really well with your exercises?

Paula
10-03-15, 10:01 PM
(bear) tough day, hunni x

magie06
10-03-15, 10:36 PM
Not my back, it's my hip this time.

magie06
10-03-15, 10:40 PM
Funeral went okay. I only knew one of the people in the line, but that was okay. I knew the person in the coffin though, and I am sad that she died, but she was 95, and had a good life.

magie06
10-03-15, 10:42 PM
I've to go to another funeral tomorrow. Still, its sad for the family, when they lose anyone. Its a natural feeling.

Suzi
11-03-15, 10:41 AM
(Hugs) that's tough though 2 in 2days.. Thinking of you...

magie06
11-03-15, 02:13 PM
I think I'm the first to go for weight in. Tomorrow is d-day for me and although I've been quite good, I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week. I hope I have and I'll be here tomorrow to tell you how I got on.

rose
11-03-15, 02:15 PM
I am going to estimate I will put on 2 or 3 lbs this week. My weigh in is not until Saturday but I can't exercise due to my back and I've been adding up my daily calories and they come to 3000 sometimes.
So Magie, I think you will beat me again this week. Good luck tomorrow morning :)

Suzi
11-03-15, 04:00 PM
Don't forget I put on this week and so far this all I'm expecting to put on again.... Good luck Magie. May the scales be kind to you.

magie06
12-03-15, 12:59 PM
I'm afraid I fell off the wagon. Up 2.5 pounds today. Just wish it was easier. Maybe I've got to get back doing exercise again.

Suzi
12-03-15, 01:20 PM
Oh hunni (panda)(panda)

Paula
12-03-15, 01:22 PM
I feel a bit bad about this now, but I managed to lose 2lb this week

rose
12-03-15, 02:02 PM
Don't feel bad Paula, that's wonderful news.
Magie, that was unexpected, what happened?

magie06
12-03-15, 02:05 PM
Well done. That's a great loss. You should be very proud odf yourself. I'll dust myself off and start again and I'll be down next week.

rose
12-03-15, 02:14 PM
With the funerals this week maybe your routine was thrown off Magie? Its so easy to eat extra calories when you are out and about. Getting low calorie lunches seems almost impossible... unless you just eat fruit!

magie06
12-03-15, 02:31 PM
The fruit is on the menu today. Just fruit.

rose
12-03-15, 04:19 PM
Fruit all day? :(

Paula
12-03-15, 05:19 PM
My diet during the day is predominantly fruit

Paula
12-03-15, 05:19 PM
And coffee - black, no sugar

magie06
12-03-15, 07:37 PM
Yes rose, all fruit all day. I've a digestive problem, and I've not been to the toilet for a week. I'm on the senakot now and hopefully they will help. Either they do, or I'll have a visit to the doctor to look forward to. Its the tablets that have me this way, and its a problem i have all the time.

Paula
12-03-15, 08:54 PM
Me too and for the same reasons ....

rose
12-03-15, 09:40 PM
I eat big bowls of fruit and fibre. I have the opposite problem to you.... bloomin IBS.

magie06
12-03-15, 09:47 PM
My husband has suggested wheetabix instead of the cornflakes that I normally have.

Suzi
12-03-15, 09:48 PM
I have IBS too..... Yuk.

rose
12-03-15, 10:00 PM
I've had two loperamide (imodium) today for IBS and I could have had a third one. My IBS used to be really bad that I would take a loperamide a day but these days I hardly ever have to take one thank goodness, as the long term effects of taking it are not known.
Oddly, during a bad attack of IBS, my weight will increase, not decrease.

Suzi
12-03-15, 10:03 PM
Mine too

rose
12-03-15, 10:07 PM
Sometimes the sorts of food that settle it are high carb foods, such as bread, rice, pasta, I wonder if that's why my weight increases.
I also wonder if colonic irrigation might help with IBS and weight loss.

rose
14-03-15, 10:16 AM
This week I have eaten and eaten. I have taken in 3000 calories a day on most days. I have done no exercise.
I just weighed myself three times to be sure; I am the same weight as I was last Saturday.
Is diet and exercise really the way to lose weight?!

Nita
14-03-15, 10:27 AM
I wonder if the effects of stress and adrenaline impact on weight loss. You've had a busy week with your grandfather, work applications and your back and maybe you've burnt off nervous energy and that's why you've stayed the same

Suzi
14-03-15, 11:06 AM
You stayed the same? Go you!! That's awesome! I agree with Nita, I bet you've walked further than you think, dealt with more stress etc....

rose
14-03-15, 11:25 AM
I think the impact of stress is definitely a factor. I did quite a lot of housework yesterday too which burns off calories.
Also, hormonal impact, last week it was TOTM and now its not.
I am currently 14st 9lbs and I said I'd like to be 14st by the end of March, that's probably not possible but we'll see.
I am going to try to do a walk today, the more I move, the less pain I am in.

Suzi
14-03-15, 01:40 PM
Well done hunni!

magie06
14-03-15, 03:46 PM
Well done you. I'm delighted for you. I've to do something about my weight and exercise this week.
On Tuesday we have our national holiday. There will be a parade up town, so I'll walk to that. We can leave the car at home. Probably better forthe enenvironment.

Suzi
14-03-15, 04:22 PM
Ahh yes, St Patricks Day! A day represented by guiness, shamrocks and leprechauns!

rose
14-03-15, 07:29 PM
I was meant to be in Dublin with my new job for St Patrick's Day (not the new job I just took, the one I got at the end of last year)
I can't even imagine how chaotic it will be there on that day!
Magie, we could have met up for a few drinks (sod the diet!)

magie06
14-03-15, 08:14 PM
That would be lovely, but I don't like green drinks!

rose
14-03-15, 08:36 PM
Green drinks? We could have had whatever colour drinks you wanted!

magie06
14-03-15, 08:44 PM
I've done the tour bus trip in Dublin, so I know where all the good pubs are. I know the ones who serve only proper drinks. I also know where Primark has its best store and the best shopping centre in the centre of Dublin.

magie06
15-03-15, 03:42 PM
What a pity you are not coming to Dublin. It would be nice to meet up.

rose
15-03-15, 03:43 PM
I know.... I am still afraid of flying. But I loved Ireland when I went before and I hope I can go again.

Suzi
15-03-15, 05:04 PM
It's one of those places on my "to do" list ;)

magie06
15-03-15, 05:44 PM
The only bit of advice -there's a whole other bit of Ireland other than Dublin. Dublin is full of craic, and can be a lovely place to spend a few days. But come to the west and see how different the real Ireland can be. Just a thought.

rose
15-03-15, 07:34 PM
The west of Ireland is where I went. Its honestly quite magical.

magie06
15-03-15, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't have to travel as far either. Another bonus!

Suzi
15-03-15, 09:22 PM
I'd need to stop in to Belfast to see some good friends, but I'd love to see snippets of all of it (although I'm well past drinking all night now!) and have heard that the West is some of the most beautiful!

magie06
16-03-15, 09:48 AM
If I ever get my laptop back again, I'll put some photos up from around here. There are some lovely places around and about that come out well in photos. My dad comes from Connemara and my mum is from the city. They met when dad was in college and the rest is history, or 61 years of it anyway.

Suzi
16-03-15, 10:51 AM
I'm up 2lbs again this week. Tbh I was expecting far worse, but am going to work harder this week..

rose
16-03-15, 02:03 PM
The weather has gone rubbish, its not exactly calling me to go out and do a run or a walk.

magie06
16-03-15, 04:31 PM
Oh Suzi, I know what you are going through. We can up the anti on the exercises and be down next weigh in. Don't worry it will all work out in the end.

rose
21-03-15, 10:13 AM
No change this week. That's fine with me, as long as I am not up!!

magie06
21-03-15, 11:20 AM
Thats good news Rose. It shows that when you get to your ideal weight you'll be able to maintain it!

Suzi
21-03-15, 04:39 PM
Well done hunni....

Paula
22-03-15, 09:42 PM
Well done :)

Nita
22-03-15, 10:00 PM
So I may start to join in a bit more if I am able to.... I saw the health trainer at our local centre with support from them to make changes and referrals if needed to different sources. Also today I was given a Fitbit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitbit-Charge-Heart-Activity-Wristband/dp/B00S8FJYD8 )which will help to improve me doing more exercise and physical activity.

rose
22-03-15, 10:01 PM
Please join in, the more the merrier!

Suzi
22-03-15, 10:07 PM
YAY! Always welcome!

Paula
24-03-15, 01:26 PM
Somehow, I've lost another 2 lbs. that's 4 lbs so far :)

Suzi
24-03-15, 02:39 PM
Well done hunni! 2lbs on again for me. Am annoyed, but there are lots of additional reasons for it so will just work harder..

Paula
24-03-15, 05:19 PM
(bear)

magie06
24-03-15, 06:53 PM
Nearly my turn to get weighed again. The weeks are just flying by.

rose
24-03-15, 09:13 PM
I am doing quite well this week, I think.
I had a 40 min walk yesterday because my bus didn't turn up, and a 65 minute walk on Saturday.
I have been having a small sandwich and fruit for lunch and trying not to snack on chocolate except one cookie in the morning.
And of course I am commuting, so I am basically standing for 2 hours each day, that's got to burn some calories?!

magie06
24-03-15, 09:17 PM
Yeah, rose, standing uses calories.. Yes dear, you keep telling yourself that.

magie06
24-03-15, 09:18 PM
Lol, rose, I meant to put that on at the end.

rose
24-03-15, 09:20 PM
It actually does! You burn 50 more calories per hour standing vs sitting. And if you're on a London bus you fall on approximately 2 people per day.

magie06
24-03-15, 09:23 PM
Thank God, I don't live in London. Lol

magie06
26-03-15, 06:26 PM
Stayed the same weight today. Still stuck at 2 stone off. I'd be great if I didn't have so much more to loose. But being stuck at 14 stone 7 pounds just isn't really a good plan. Of course my leader says I haven't put any more on to be thankful. Its a long way yet to 9 stone!

Paula
26-03-15, 07:16 PM
9 stone??? My daughter is 5'2", a size 8 (UK) and she's 8 St 7 lbs!! 9 stone seems low to me .....

magie06
26-03-15, 07:20 PM
I'm only 5' 0", so 9 st is perfect for me. I'll be a size 12 at that.

rose
26-03-15, 09:29 PM
Well done Magie, staying the same is better than nothing :)

magie06
02-04-15, 11:28 AM
Down the kingly amount of (wait for it) drum roll please.... half a pound.
WOW! Although I did eat a lot of the wrong foods this week. I guess if I did a little more moving and a little less eating, then I'll lose some more weight.
I did speak to Marie this morning, and she said that you reach a certain weight and you have to take a step back, look at calories in vs energy out, and not to forget that I'm no longer 16st 7lbs, therefore I have to eat a little less and move a little more, to see results on the scales.
I just need motivation. So if anyone knows where I can buy it by the bottle full please, please let me know and I'll go out and clear the shelf.

Paula
02-04-15, 11:31 AM
1/2 lb is 1/2 lb. well done lovely. It used to be, I seem to remember, that the more you lose the lower your points target at WW, I think that's what she's saying? However, I can talk a good talk but .......

magie06
02-04-15, 11:45 AM
Yes Paula, that's what she meant, I think. Anyway I'm off to do some moving.

rose
02-04-15, 12:52 PM
I have not weighed myself yet but I seem to have got stuck at 14st 8lbs. I think the closer you get to being the right weight, the harder it becomes to get it off.

Suzi
02-04-15, 02:50 PM
The others are right... Although I'm just stuck.. I need to work harder...

magie06
02-04-15, 04:50 PM
Can we all start together then? I've had a walk around the shops and I some fruit for lunch. Its Thursday, and I find them easier than the rest of the week. I think its because I've got the motivation from the class. If I could have the same motivation for the rest of the week I'd be happy.

Nita
02-04-15, 06:26 PM
I went to see my HCA last night for my MOT and all is ok, well sort of. The cholesterol is a little high and so is my blood pressure. The diabetes check was clear and my overall risk of heart attack or stroke was 2.8% which is 1.2% higher than the figure they would expect at my age etc. So I need to work harder to help bring those things down and help my health. So I need to try harder too

rose
02-04-15, 09:41 PM
I had a bad week. We were sent two large boxes of chocolate eggs by a customer so we ate them. I've had too much chocolate.
But I had to walk for half an hour today because the buses were messed up due to the fire on Holborn. That's got to burn some calories.

Suzi
02-04-15, 10:20 PM
Most definitely! I've a friend who spent yesterday and today driving literally from one side of London to the other and it's been a nightmare due to the problems caused by the fire.

magie06
02-04-15, 10:29 PM
I hope noone was hurt in the fire.

Paula
02-04-15, 10:34 PM
If it's what I think, it was a fire underneath the streets

rose
02-04-15, 10:50 PM
Yes it was under the streets. Lots of people were evacuated but I don't think anyone was hurt. Lots of roads are closed which basically means the traffic is terrible. The bus driver advised us to get off and walk the last mile as she estimated it would take an hour to drive it.
Today lots of people weren't at work but next week, if the roads are still closed, it will be crazy.

Paula
03-04-15, 02:57 PM
Lost another lb - 5 so far

magie06
03-04-15, 03:46 PM
Fantastic news. Glad the exam went well.

Suzi
03-04-15, 05:29 PM
Well done!

magie06
03-04-15, 08:52 PM
Anyone else? How did everyone else get on?

rose
04-04-15, 01:52 PM
14 st 10 lbs again this week.

So, my weight has been static for about 5 weeks now. I did my food diary and I see my daily intake of calories is 2200-2500 a day.
I can't change much about breakfast or lunch so I am going to attempt to cut down portion size on my dinners. And I can still have 1 cookie a day but try to keep it at just one. That should take out about 800 calories a day.
I am not doing much exercise due to the pain in my feet and knees. I am not sure I can do much about that until I have seen an osteopath.

Suzi
04-04-15, 03:37 PM
Static is ok hunni... Don't cut out too much love.. Just be careful.

magie06
04-04-15, 05:14 PM
Oh rose, I know what its like to be the same weight week in week out. I've been the same since Christmas. Thats 13 weeks now. I was susposed to be another stone gone by now. I really have to get my weight watchers book out and read it.
I hope you can get out of your slump and have a loss this week.

rose
04-04-15, 10:14 PM
I did manage about 40 min walk today which was good.

magie06
04-04-15, 10:16 PM
That is brillant rose. It was a beautiful evening here. I hope it was the same for you.

MarshallForever
04-04-15, 10:41 PM
I've noticed my appetite has pretty much disappeared. Every time I try and eat it can't as I just start crying.. I'm losing energy and feeling faint a lot of the day. I don't think I have an eating disorder, I just don't or can't eat much anymore.

Paula
04-04-15, 10:44 PM
Marshall, please, please get to see a Dr as an emergency

magie06
04-04-15, 11:06 PM
Marshall, have you access to a phone? Please ring your gp or the out of hours gp and let them know how you are feeling, and that you've taken an overdose of sleeping pills. You are playing with fire taking too many pills together. What are you thinking? Your daughters need you.

MarshallForever
04-04-15, 11:36 PM
I phoned a helpline... I may be going to hospital in the morning. Thanks for your concern and kind words on my other post. It's strange how something as simple as happiness can sometimes be so hard to have.

rose
25-04-15, 09:22 AM
Last time I checked in here it was 4/4 and I was 14st 10lbs.
This is how its been
04/04/2015 14 10
11/04/2015 14 12
18/04/2015 15 0
25/04/2015 14 10

It just proves weightloss is a total hit and miss sometimes because I have been really bad with my eating this week and I look huge.
Maybe, almost certainly, the stress I've been under this week has been a factor in my 4lbs drop.
Or, the scales are wrong. But I am not going back to check ;)

Nita
25-04-15, 09:40 AM
I've not got on the scales yet. Since my brother passed away I have eaten rubbish and not proper food so I dread to think what I have done to myself but I need to weigh and measure myself to get a starting point

rose
25-04-15, 10:41 AM
I've eaten a lot of rubbish this week and also has quite a bit of alcohol. You might be pleasantly surprised like I was. Good luck!

Suzi
25-04-15, 11:16 AM
I need to change my weigh in day - a monday morning is just not helpful! Well done Rose!

magie06
25-04-15, 11:51 AM
I've been 14 st 10,
14 st 8.5
14 st 7
14 st 9.5.
That's the way my month has been. I've lost nothing. But on the plus side, I've not put any on either.
I'm Stuck, with a capital S.
When I get to goal, I'll be able to do maintenance, with no problem.

rose
27-04-15, 09:09 AM
I've lost 1lb this weekend, I did a 45 minute walk on both days. The first 10 minutes were really hard but after that it got easier. The weather looks good today so I might do another one later. When it actually results in weight loss it gives you more motivation I think.
Weighing myself every other day is actually better than just once a week I think. I can see if I've done enough or need to work harder to get to my weekly target of 2lbs. Its been really hard for me doing what I think is hard work all week to find I have stayed the same, so weighing myself more regularly seems to be more effective.

Suzi
27-04-15, 11:25 AM
Just don't overdo it hunni with the weighing.

rose
27-04-15, 11:28 AM
It really helps. When I was only doing it once a week, I basically totally lost all interest in the process. I had no idea what was causing the ups or downs so I lost motivation.
I have no idea why I dropped 4lb last week. I don't think I did anything particularly different to normal.

Samantha340
27-04-15, 07:17 PM
Some of you mentioned about wanting to take up exercises. I saw the part of the London marathon where they interviewed some girls from this club, http://toofattorun.co.uk/

I don't like the title and find it a bit of putting but the girls were amazing. Might be worth checking it out.

GFitz
27-04-15, 07:34 PM
I lost 2 stone over around 8 months just by eating clean. Eating clean is eating fresh produce .. basically nothing out of tins and packets. Fresh meats, fresh fruit & veg. 1 cheat meal a week if necessary! For the cookies (my nemisis too) I would say buy some Quest Bars you can buy these online.. you just cut the bar into 8 and roll into a ball put them in the oven for 4 mins and it's little yummy cookies with no sugar, no bad stuff just sweeteners, protein and fruits. If you ever need help I'm here to help! Hey we can help eachother.
My depressions de-railed my weightloss and i'm just stuck at 10st 4lbs, but I know it's a long journey and I should be proud of how far I've come! You should be proud of yourself too for knowing you want to change your lifestyle xx