PDA

View Full Version : hrt and depression

Bardot
19-12-14, 09:52 AM
Have just been prescribed hrt as hormones maybe contributing to my depression. Any one else in similar situation? The depression started as a reactive depression to severe problems in my work place, so hormones not the cause, but may not be helping.have started having hot flushes.

magie06
19-12-14, 10:00 AM
I know for sure that my hormones do change my mood from one end of the month to the other. I've been keeping a mood diary for about 6 months and it has shown up my swings in mood during all phases of my own month. I have 2 horrible weeks, one not so nice week, and an okay week. I'm not sure what to do about it, but i do know that hormones play a big part in my montth.

Bardot
19-12-14, 10:15 AM
Have you told the doctor? You might be able to take something to balance out hormones. Am tearful this morning and feeling really sad.

magie06
19-12-14, 10:18 AM
Yes, ive told both my GP and my pdoc and they both have made a note on my records. I don't think that they are going to do anything about it though.

Suzi
19-12-14, 11:11 AM
I think it's all down to so many contributing things... I'd be interested in hearing if it helps.

Mrs-Darling
09-08-15, 08:53 AM
When I started HRT it did appear to stabilise my mood swings for a short while but I went into a deep depression, linked to work, not long after. It did however clear up the hot flushes and dreadful night sweats that had me changing pyjamas and sometimes my bedding in the middle of the night.