PDA

View Full Version : New Year

Paula
31-12-23, 10:12 AM
My post today on Facebook:

“ 2023 has been the hardest year for DWD. Losing Suzi pulled the foundations out from underneath our feet, and there will always be a Suzi shaped hole at our centre. Personally, I never imagined I would have to follow in her footsteps and look after her ‘4th baby’ for her. I have lost someone who has been massively important and special in my life. There will never be another Suzi.

But, we have survived. And I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who have been vital to our survival.

The team on Facebook - Jaq, Emma and Emmie - and the mod team on the forum - Jaquaia, Magie and Strugglingmum. You have all been amazing, stepping up at a really tough time, and I am so grateful for your support, wisdom and friendship. I couldn’t have coped without you all.

A special thank you has to go out to Marc, Suzi’s husband, whose faith in me has been humbling, and I am honoured that he’s trusted me and the teams to carry on Suzi’s work.

And last but certainly not least, I want to thank all of you who follow us on Facebook and are members on the forum. You are Suzi’s legacy and without you DWD doesn’t exist.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and I pray 2024 is much, much better than this last year.”

https://i.ibb.co/XyZzfmt/IMG-1211.jpg (https://ibb.co/M8DRyq7)
how to print an article without pictures (https://imgbb.com/)

Jaquaia
31-12-23, 02:44 PM
I'm happy I could help you carry the load. These aren't circumstances any of us would have expected to be dealing with but she'd be so proud of how you stepped up (panda)

SJW180
31-12-23, 05:33 PM
Ok I’m going to of few r a different spin on things. I don’t think it’s just a case of Suzi trusting you with the forum (which of course she trusted you) but more a case of her training you, moulding you to fill the void when she couldn’t be around. Unfortunately, that time came sooner than any of us expected and we all have a lot to learn from the wisdom she shared during her time on Earth. I know you all think I was somehow against Suzi but you are all so far from the truth. I’ve never been a great student but I always listened to advice offered. I’ve said it hundreds of times before, timing is an important part of recovery. If the time isn’t right then no matter how good the advice it won’t work in that moment. I know I see things differently to the rest of you but I’ve also learned a great deal from the one person who we all admire greatly. I trust that she knew what she was doing entrusting this forum in your hands but I also believe that you have a lot to learn and as much as you hate to hear it, I may actually have the answers to questions you haven’t even thought to ask yet. I need you guys to guide me through life, I need this forum to stop me from falling but I’m also here for you and for Suzi. I’ve taken so much but I also have a great deal to give. I’m here for you all, please don’t shut me out.

Strugglingmum
31-12-23, 11:14 PM
Paula, you have done an amazing job and you have my full support. Suzi trusted you with good reason. None of us wanted or even dreamt of these circumstances being the reality. In the midst of your own grief you have found a way and led us through. You are a hero. (panda)

Paula
31-12-23, 11:36 PM
Thank you (blush)

SJW180
01-01-24, 12:23 AM
Paula, you have done an amazing job and you have my full support. Suzi trusted you with good reason. None of us wanted or even dreamt of these circumstances being the reality. In the midst of your own grief you have found a way and led us through. You are a hero. (panda)

She hasn’t done it alone. You all have hero status.

magie06
01-01-24, 06:18 PM
Paula, you have done such an amazing job here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last year was a difficult one there's no doubt about that. But one hour that put a BIG smile on my face, was that hour in September that I spent in the company of a very dishy vicar!

OldMike
04-01-24, 05:43 PM
I'll just echo what others have said you (Paula) and the mod team Jaq, SMum and Magie have done a great job running DWD.