PDA

View Full Version : Sober October 2023

SJW180
20-10-23, 09:43 PM
This year is my 10th year of doing the Sober October Challenge to raise much needed funds to allow Macmillian’s to do the incredible job of supporting cancer sufferers and they families.

That means that this year marked the 10th year of my mum’s passing. She had lung cancer and was inoperable. It’s heartbreaking watching a loved one being ravaged by the disease that took everything from her. She was a shadow of herself at the end but I prefer to remember her as the incredible strong, hard working and independent woman she was before cancer stole her away from us.

Every year I complete this challenge in her memory because ironically, she enjoyed a drink or two. I’m not going to twist anybody’s arm but if you are in a position to make a donation I would be incredibly grateful, especially as watching the Rugby World Cup without a beer and that just doesn’t feel right lol

To donate just click the link, and I thank you in advance

https://www.gosober.org.uk/users/sarah-weston-4

OldMike
21-10-23, 04:44 PM
Ah I've just cottoned on who you are I thought you were a new guy, good to see you back on DWD young lady was wondering where you went.

SJW180
21-10-23, 08:16 PM
I needed to take some time out from the online world for my own sanity, or maybe walking away was the most insane thing I ever did. Either way my head was a mess and truth is it still is but I realised just how much I needed this place and the people here to keep me grounded.

Thank you so much for your generous donation Mike.

SJW180
28-10-23, 09:58 PM
It’s the last weekend of my sober challenge and I’m sat home alone watching Gen V and drinking caffeine free Diet Coke instead of being out watching the rugby World Cup with a beer in my hand. Last night was probably the hardest night of the challenge so far cos I was out with friends for a meal and I really fancied having a beer or two cos I wasn’t driving. The temptation was there but I resisted. Only 3 more days to go and I’d love to raise a bit more money so if you are willing and able check out the link and make a donation to Macmillans.