PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading? 2023

Paula
02-06-23, 08:24 AM
It’s been a long time since we did this, and I’m always up for some recommendations :). So, what are you reading atm?

I’m reading: Queen Victoria, daughter, wife, mother, widow by Lucy Worsley - Chief Curator at Historic Royal Palaces and a TV/podcast presenter on many historical programmes.

I love the way Lucy tells a story and really brings characters from history to life, and this book is no exception

Jaquaia
02-06-23, 08:50 AM
I love her book on Jane Austen!

I'm reading Sword Song by Bernard Cornwell

SJW180
02-06-23, 11:01 AM
I’ve get a few books I’ve bought and not been able to read yet. A couple of autobiography’s, Billie Jean King and Beth Mead are top of the pile.

Strugglingmum
02-06-23, 01:46 PM
I bought myself a couple of Sarah Morgan books. Easy readfor the summer

magie06
03-06-23, 03:01 PM
I'm reading The girl from Donegal by Carmel Harrington. Easy read, I started it on Tuesday and I'll probably finish it today.

Paula
03-06-23, 03:18 PM
I’m about to start Queen Charlotte, written from the Bridgerton TV series. I loved the series, it was truly romantic and, according to what Lucy Worsley describes in her Queen Victoria biography, actually fairly factual in terms of events

Jaquaia
05-06-23, 08:11 AM
The Burning Land by Bernard Cornwell. We went to the bookshop in Pickering and I managed to get the next couple of books I needed in the Saxon Chronicles!

Paula
20-06-23, 08:21 PM
Ok, so I’m the past 6 days I’ve read 6 books. 4 of them were from a series called The Chronicles of St Mary’s. If you like time travel type things, you’ll love them. I’m addicted - which is costing me a fortune as they’re not available on Kindle Unlimited!

SJW180
21-06-23, 08:31 AM
Six books in six days is impressive. If you’re enjoying the series that much, the cost is irrelevant. It’s worth every penny for the joy it brings.

Strugglingmum
21-06-23, 06:58 PM
I've been reading summer easy reads.
I dont seem to have the concentration for anything too heavy

SJW180
22-07-23, 07:06 PM
The Butcher and the Wren by Alaina Urquhart