PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Update (poss triggers)

Paula
20-04-23, 03:30 PM
This is a post I never wanted to have to write. Our wonderful, amazing Suzi passed away earlier today, peacefully, in hospital.

She was the heart and soul of DWD and I know what a blow this is for all of us who knew her. Personally, I may not have met her face to face but there are some people who grab a hold of your heart, and I considered her to be one of my very best friends.

Grief is hard, and we will mourn her. If you need support, details of the Cruse Bereavement Support helpline can be found here https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-support/

We’re all here to talk, and talking about Suzi is probably the best balm there will be. But can I ask you to be mindful that all of us on the mod team are also grieving and may not be able to respond immediately.

Jaquaia
20-04-23, 03:54 PM
She's one of those people who can't help but touch your life. She was always so kind, caring and just thoroughly lovely. She had such an enormous heart and will leave a huge void.

magie06
20-04-23, 03:58 PM
As another who never had the pleasure of meeting up with Suzi, I really feel that a bit of heart has gone with her. I really hope that her whole family will understand when I keep them in my prayers at this difficult time.

Pen
20-04-23, 06:00 PM
Omg. She got me through so much. Such a wonderful lady. She will be missed by so many people.

Pixie85
20-04-23, 07:33 PM
Oh god....I obviously never knew her personally but she was so lovely and helpful. Can't believe this ;(

Strugglingmum
20-04-23, 07:42 PM
Such a wonderful human being who cared and loved so deeply. Although I never met her I will miss her deeply. My deepest sympathy to Marc and all the family. May they take some comfort in knowing that many are sending them all the love in the world

Miss Molly
20-04-23, 08:05 PM
Just seen your post on fb about Suzi Paula. Such a shock.
Deepest Condolences to her family, friends and to you all on here.
My thoughts are with all that knew Suzi, she was a special woman who helped anyone and every one.
She shall be sorely missed.

Paula
21-04-23, 08:11 AM
Waking up this morning it didn’t seem real and I keep looking at a text I got from Marc to make sure my addled, sleep deprived brain wasn’t making things up. Then I wondered how we were going to carry on without her. But we will. Suzi moulded DWD into a family, which means we’ve all got each other and will be there for each other, every step of this hideous journey.

magie06
21-04-23, 08:18 AM
The song by Donna Taggart, Jealous of the Angels, really sums up how I'm feeling this morning. On some sites they have the lyrics as well as the song. But yes, I am jealous of the angels, because God only takes the best.

Paula
21-04-23, 08:38 AM
Magie, that was perfect. Thank you

Jaquaia
21-04-23, 10:35 AM
When I get there by Pink popped up on James' playlist and made me think of her. I've never had faith but I know she did, and I'm hoping so hard that whatever comes next lets me see that wonderful woman.

Paula
21-04-23, 10:38 AM
The link to Jealous of the Angels, if anyone would like to listen to it

https://youtu.be/0n67dSG35L4

Strugglingmum
21-04-23, 11:32 AM
I couldn't sleep last night and all I could think of was Marc and Suzi's 3 treasures. If I feel this is all surreal and can't get my head around it I cant imagine how they are all feeling.
My heart aches for them all.
Jaq you are right, Suzi had faith that there was more than this life and I believe that today she is without pain, tears, sorrow.

Paula
21-04-23, 11:47 AM
I didn’t get much sleep either….

I’ve just spoken to Marc. The kids are dealing with things their own way. Hazel’s in bed, Fern is killing things in a video game, and Ben has gone back to uni, though Marc thinks it’s more to do with being with his girlfriend. Marc is, I think, coping by dealing with the practical issues.

Jaquaia
21-04-23, 01:17 PM
Please pass on our love

selena
21-04-23, 05:28 PM
Not too much sleep for me either. I am very sorry, because no words can express all of my feelings and admiration for Suzi.

It is such a loss for anyone, especially for family. The first year will be very tough, but all together they will survive and I am sure Suzi will be their angel.

Flo
21-04-23, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone..... I've had a message from Sarah who told me of the tragic and very sad news of Suzi's unntimely passing. I must say that it was quite
a shock! She was committed to helping others and made it her mission to save the lives of others. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her loved ones to lose a lovely wife and mother. Of course it has come as a great shock for the dwd members too. My prayers will include suzi and her family and friends. She was a very special lady. xxx

magie06
21-04-23, 11:23 PM
We have a centuries old tradition here that we have a wake for those who leave us. There was an American wake for people who emigrated, it didn't matter if they were going to America or not.

But we also have a wake for people who have passed away. It's normally either held in the local pub or in the deceased person's home. Suzi always said that DWD was her second home, so for anyone who would like to join in, I will be opening up a new thread tomorrow afternoon/evening for us to leave our favorite Suzi story, to laugh, to cry and maybe a drink or two may be had. There is no pressure on anyone to join in, but everyone is welcome. Unfortunately it won't bring Suzi back to us, but by sharing, it might just help!

SJW180
22-04-23, 01:01 AM
I’m sorry guys and I apologise if I’ve over stepped the mark but I am hurting the same as everyone else. I also understand if this account is removed. I think you know who this is without me spelling it out. I’ve not had the courage to do this previously but I can’t stay away now. I miss Suzi just as must as the rest of you.

As one of the few forum members who has met Suzi in person a can assure you that she is as compassionate and loving as she is online. Suzi is…was, as honest and caring and compassionate as sh e is on the forum. What you see is what you get. I feel honoured to have been invited into her home, to meet her family. To have been her friend. I know things deteriorated between us but I can promise you my respect for her has never change. Suzi has done more for me than I can tell. She literally changed my live and I can never thank her enough, and now I will forever be in her debt. Words can not do justice to just how much to have much I love her.

I k ow things are strained between myself and other forum members but right now that doesn’t matter. My heart goes out to Marc and the kids. Suzi was the lynchpin of that family and although I am probably the last person they wanna hear me from I am there to support them and everyone on this forum who loved her. We all need each other right now and as much as I am here for you I hope you are here for me too.

Strugglingmum
22-04-23, 09:17 AM
We have a centuries old tradition here that we have a wake for those who leave us. There was an American wake for people who emigrated, it didn't matter if they were going to America or not.

But we also have a wake for people who have passed away. It's normally either held in the local pub or in the deceased person's home. Suzi always said that DWD was her second home, so for anyone who would like to join in, I will be opening up a new thread tomorrow afternoon/evening for us to leave our favorite Suzi story, to laugh, to cry and maybe a drink or two may be had. There is no pressure on anyone to join in, but everyone is welcome. Unfortunately it won't bring Suzi back to us, but by sharing, it might just help!

I love that Magie.

Pixie85
22-04-23, 11:32 AM
The link to Jealous of the Angels, if anyone would like to listen to it

https://youtu.be/0n67dSG35L4

This was played at my aunts funeral �� It just doesn't seem real, at all....like, not seeing her posts etc She really was so lovely ❤️

Paula
22-04-23, 12:45 PM
Yes she was, it’s going to be hard but we will get through it, together

OldMike
29-04-23, 05:16 PM
What a terrible shock, I couldn't quite take it in ;(

Jaquaia
29-04-23, 06:08 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
29-04-23, 07:46 PM
Aw Mike, I've been thinking about you. It's all been quite a shock. X

Paula
29-04-23, 10:29 PM
I still keep hoping I’ll wake up and it was a bad dream

OldMike
30-04-23, 09:12 AM
I'm the same Paula I just can't believe it, was thinking they're talking as though Suzi is no longer with us I must be getting it wrong.

Suzi was a very special person who did so much for so many and had so much more to give, taken from us far too soon my heart goes out to Marc and Suzi's children Ben, Hazel and Fern.

Paula
30-04-23, 09:28 AM
(panda)