PDA

View Full Version : Returning old timer

Mummyhill
09-02-23, 08:18 PM
Hey everyone it’s been a while since I was last here. So pleased I reached out to our wonderful Suzi and decided to pop back to the boards.

Been through a fair bit since the last time I was here and I’m struggling a bit with bereavements, the challenges of parenthood to older people and balancing everything and everyone in my life right now.

Don’t know if many here will remember me but looking forward to re acquainting myself with old friends and making new friends too.

Jaquaia
09-02-23, 08:29 PM
Hi and welcome back! I'm not surprised you're struggling, it sounds like you have a lot going on for you at the moment

Mummyhill
09-02-23, 08:58 PM
Wow just looked through the rest of the intros and realised my last visit was during lockdown feels like a lifetime ago.

Since then I’ve been promoted at the pub. Still under pressure to change jobs ��.

Eldest still living at home and being a passive aggressive nightmare! Middle has left school and is doing an apprenticeship with his dad and settling into it really well. Small is in secondary school and showing more autistic traights and signs of ash’s as each day passes!

Currently off work until March struggling to get my head round balancing kids needs, hubbies needs and the needs of my dad and my mother in law. We lost my mum and my father in law within 17 days of each other to different cancers at the tail end of last year and mother in law is now undergoing chemotherapy too!

Paula
09-02-23, 09:33 PM
Hey, lovely, it really is good to see you though I’m so sorry for your losses. Sending big hugs (panda)

Suzi
09-02-23, 09:43 PM
Yo! Glad you made it back to us... I'm sorry you're dealing with and have been dealing with so much horribleness. Under pressure to change jobs to what? Here for you. xx

Mummyhill
09-02-23, 09:54 PM
Yo! Glad you made it back to us... I'm sorry you're dealing with and have been dealing with so much horribleness. Under pressure to change jobs to what? Here for you. xx

Basically anything that’s Monday to Friday 9-5

Suzi
09-02-23, 10:15 PM
Is that your choice?

Mummyhill
10-02-23, 06:40 AM
Tbh it would be nice but hey it’s not alway that simple.

Mummyhill
10-02-23, 07:33 AM
Ideally yes I would like to move out of pubs but it’s also looking at my age, qualifications and a whole host of other things that make me scared to try. Last time I moved out of pubs it went wrong. I’m not in the best place at the moment mentally to be making huge changes I need to get my head in order, maybe get some more qualifications that are relevant to todays work force. I’m considering family support and have been advised to do an access to social care course and then apply to uni which is exciting but also terrifying. It would take years to qualify and then will it give me the balance I need?

Paula
10-02-23, 08:43 AM
Can you take it one step at a time? Perhaps you do the Access to Social Care course without planning beyond that point, and see how it goes?

Suzi
10-02-23, 09:21 AM
What about trying a free home study qualification first to ease yourself into it? Would you be doing the access course and working around it?

Mummyhill
10-02-23, 09:40 AM
Yup can’t afford to quit work. Currently doing some level 2 health and social care qualifications on line as well

Suzi
10-02-23, 05:07 PM
Well done for working on the qualification, but are you actually giving yourself time out for self care?

Mummyhill
10-02-23, 05:49 PM
They are on hold while I’m off work that’s the beauty of online learning do it at your pace

Suzi
10-02-23, 07:12 PM
Absolutely agree!

Paula
10-02-23, 07:21 PM
So, what about self care?