PDA

View Full Version : Music

Pixie85
17-01-23, 09:54 AM
What do you guys like to listen to? Fave bands?
I tend to go through obsessive phases of only listening to one band for a few weeks at a time 🙈 Currently obsessing on a band called Spyres 💖

Paula
17-01-23, 10:34 AM
Im currently jumping between Greatest Hits Radio’s Top 500, and George Ezra

Suzi
17-01-23, 04:03 PM
I listen to everything from Nine inch Nails (in my younger days) to Madame Butterfly! I love Tori Amos, Linkin Park, Foos, obviously Pink, Lewis Capaldi, soooooooo many!

Jaquaia
17-01-23, 04:23 PM
My absolute favourite bands are Stereophonics and the Bluetones. I've seen Phonics live 5 times and the Bluetones 3 times, plus Mark Morris twice (Bluetones lead singer). I have really eclectic taste though. I'll listen to anything and everything, from 90s dance, 50s rock and roll, indie, metal, opera, classical, pop, britpop, 60s... Anything! I have everything from Shostakovich to Korn to Olly Murs on my CD shelf!

Pixie85
17-01-23, 06:14 PM
I love shotgun and Budapest from George Ezra, I don't really know any others of his though....I'm an indie/rock kinda girl. Love Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory is my go to album when I'm getting ready to go out. Pink is amazing, I've seen her twice and she always puts such a good show on! It's good to have a wide variety with music....Freak on a leash is my fave from Korn

Suzi
17-01-23, 06:35 PM
Love Hybrid Theory! Also love Evanessence too! Creed, Musical Soundtracks... Just thinking what's in my car atm and there's such a mix! Mozart to Panic at the Disco, to Alisha's Attic, Air on a G String (Jaques Loussier), Bob Marley, and so much more! :)
Music's always been so important in my life, from playing/singing to teaching, to listening, to having it punctuate my life - I love it when a piece of music can transport you back to a happy place with people you want around you etc.. It's something I think we got right when we were bringing up our children. There was always music, not just one artist, not one genre, but a bit of everything. Our eldest likes rock and blues and plays guitar, bass and drums. Our middle one is a great singer and plays the ukulele and is a complete Musicals nerd. Our youngest has a completely different taste, but is also a musicals nerd..

Pixie85
17-01-23, 06:40 PM
OMG Evanescence were the first band I ever saw live....Amy Lee had an amazing voice....Aw, creed....you're bringing up some good music memories here! Love Panic at the Disco too....I write sins, not tragedies is my fave from them. Aw, my little ones live music too, especially my youngest....he sings along to Pale Waves and Spyres....absolutely love music....I could talk about it all day lol

Suzi
17-01-23, 11:15 PM
Amy Lee still does ;)
You should try some Pirate Rock, it's hilarious. My son (almost 22) introduced these guys to us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AaNj7W4AKo

Suzi
17-01-23, 11:19 PM
OR these dudes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJUVl6ap6c

Jaquaia
17-01-23, 11:23 PM
Keelhauled is a cracking song by them!

https://youtu.be/ta-Z_psXODw

Suzi
18-01-23, 11:34 AM
It really is! LOVE Alestorm and their ducks! :)