PDA

View Full Version : Random chat *AB TRIGGERS*

Pixie85
29-12-22, 11:48 PM
I've just had a 45 min chat with r*pe crisis and feeling a little delicate....I don't want to go into the details of anything. I just need a general chat for distraction, so I don't start overthinking it at bedtime! What are your new year plans? Any resolutions?

Paula
29-12-22, 11:52 PM
Hey, lovey, I’ve just added a trigger warning as you’ve mentioned the subject - but please don’t worry about it, it’s just to cover all bases

New Years Eve for the last 25 years has always been about my eldest - it’s her birthday. It was a nightmare when she was growing up as no venues were open to have parties for her! Thankfully, now, all we end up doing is going out for lunch and she then goes off to a pub to drink her body weight…..

Pixie85
29-12-22, 11:57 PM
Wow, a new years eve birthday! Aw, it's nice that you have a get together before she's gets out on the drink! My friend is having a houseparty, so I think I might end up there. Although, I think I'd be happy to stay home too!

Paula
30-12-22, 08:30 AM
I hope you do get to the party ;)

Suzi
30-12-22, 12:08 PM
My daughter is a Christmas Eve baby so I get the struggle!

NYE we spend at home because there are lots of fireworks and we have dogs who are terrified of them.. We have some nibbles and a glass or two and watch the london fireworks (it's different on TV rather than being right outside our door lol)

Strugglingmum
30-12-22, 01:08 PM
We used to get together with friends but tbh over the last few years we have just stayed in. I struggle to stay up for the NY.
I do feel bad because my hubby is Scottish and was used to partying for NY but he says he doesn't mind

Pixie85
30-12-22, 02:54 PM
Aw, Christmas eve baby too! Bet that's expensive! what breed of dogs do you have? I'd love a king Charles spaniel . I'm the same, I struggle to stay away for new year sometimes �� I don't think I'm going right be doing anything now, my friend has cancelled her parry....I'm not too bothered...happy to stay home, just me and the little ones

Suzi
30-12-22, 05:13 PM
Very expensive... Lol
We have 2 rescues - 1 Belgian Malinois from Spain and 1 bit of everything with the most horrific story from Romania.

Jaquaia
30-12-22, 08:51 PM
Christmas Day baby in this house! Think we're going out for the day on New Year's Day so just going to watch films and have party food New Years Eve. I'm not really up to partying all night anymore! (giggle)

Paula
30-12-22, 09:00 PM
Since Katie was born, I’ve only had 1 nye where I went to a party, and that was only because it was a street party lol. And now it doesn’t really appeal….

Suzi
30-12-22, 10:25 PM
It doesn't appeal to me either... I'm much happier sitting at home and doing my own thing! Total rock and roll in my house, crochet, films/binge-watch with Marc and the kids, and watch Big Ben chime in the New Year! Unless, of course, I fall asleep first!

Pixie85
31-12-22, 10:01 AM
I prefer house parties to going out when it comes to NYE....take your own drinks and I usually stay over at whichever friend is having the house party...to save on the triple fare! I think my friend is trying to get her house party up and going again, I've said I don't mind helping with the cost of drinks etc....but then she's invited the little ones dad....I have absolutely no idea why....they don't even speak. Anyway, will see what happens. I'm taking little ones to play centre this afternoon with another friend, they need to burn some energy off and do something that doesn't include playing on their phones!

What will you be watching?

Suzi
31-12-22, 12:35 PM
Lovely, is it a good idea to go if he is going to be there? Especially if alcohol is going to be there?

No idea what we're going to watch yet, we'll work that one out later! :)

Pixie85
31-12-22, 12:40 PM
I'm not going if he's going, no way...I just don't understand her asking him.... even with her not knowing what happened last time he stayed, they dont even talk ��(swear)♀️ anyway...If it comes to it, I'll stay home and have a night of watching Greys Anatomy and get some munchies in for when the kids are in bed

Suzi
31-12-22, 07:18 PM
Have you worked out what you're doing yet? I think it's a sensible suggestion to stay well away from him tbh...

Pixie85
31-12-22, 07:38 PM
I've decided to come to my friends party. It's just me, my friend and our little ones....we're having a few drinks but I think it'll be a chilled one. Little ones dad has gone to his dads

Strugglingmum
31-12-22, 09:30 PM
Have a good night. X

Suzi
31-12-22, 11:27 PM
Sounds lovely!

Pixie85
01-01-23, 12:22 AM
Happy new year guys xxx

Paula
01-01-23, 08:27 AM
Happy New Year, lovely. How was your evening?

Pixie85
01-01-23, 10:51 AM
It was OK.....little ones dad rocked up around 3am...no surprise, thought he might. Apart from that, it was ok

Suzi
01-01-23, 11:29 AM
Did he try it on at all?

Strugglingmum
01-01-23, 11:33 AM
Hope you are ok. Xx

Pixie85
01-01-23, 11:42 AM
He did but he wasn't as bad as last time. I'm back home with little ones now

Suzi
01-01-23, 10:35 PM
Did you have a lovely time?