PDA

View Full Version : New person

smnspark
16-04-22, 03:26 PM
Hi all first let me wish you all the strength and support I can give you
This will be my 3rd round of this nightmare trip new tablets to take this time tried herbal type methods but didn’t cut it so back down this path only been taking them for 5 days now feeling pretty crap
Has anyone found a solution to feeling sick 🤢 all the time

Suzi
16-04-22, 03:31 PM
Hi there and welcome to DWD.

Which medication are you on? Are you eating, drinking and getting some exercise? Do you have a good support network?

Have you tried eating before you take them?

smnspark
16-04-22, 03:44 PM
I’m on venlafaxine just starting to try and get some emotional help etc meds I take at night after meal which is pretty much the only time the sickness has gone I’ve tried peppermint mint tea peppermint sweets just to try getting this Nassia to go away then I can concentrate on my head ��

Paula
16-04-22, 04:22 PM
I’ve always found bread helps - but that just might be me….

Welcome, lovely, I look forward to getting to know you :)

smnspark
16-04-22, 04:45 PM
It’s worth a try I wake up at midnight feeling ok then morning arrives 4.00am it’s like Groundhog Day repeats again

Suzi
16-04-22, 06:06 PM
My husband is on Venlafaxine too. He takes it in the morning and evening. It helps him if he takes it with lemonade.....

smnspark
16-04-22, 06:50 PM
I’ll try that maybe with slightly flat lemonade

Stella180
16-04-22, 06:55 PM
If it is a side effect of the medication it should die down after a fortnight but it’s always a good idea to take them with plenty of water.

Suzi
16-04-22, 09:45 PM
Do you have a good support network around you?

smnspark
17-04-22, 06:03 AM
Awake at 4 the sickness is back hi anxiety levels tearfull everything is making me jump feeling scared
Going to try playing some pop casts for breathing

OldMike
17-04-22, 08:21 AM
Hi good to meet you Simon (just guessing there from your screen name :) )

Meds always seem to take time for the side effects to subside and for them to take effect, just persist and things should get better.

Suzi
17-04-22, 10:35 AM
Awake at 4 the sickness is back hi anxiety levels tearfull everything is making me jump feeling scared
Going to try playing some pop casts for breathing

Are you up because you have woken at 4 or because you hadn't slept yet?
Do you use helplines such as Shout or Samaritans?
Did the podcasts help?

smnspark
17-04-22, 10:42 AM
Thank you ill keep plodding every day hoping for an uplift in mood

Always seem to wake at 4.00 �� then the anxiety kicks in with sickness welling up spike to pharmacy going to try some sickness tablets

Suzi
17-04-22, 12:24 PM
That's a good idea. Are you eating properly? Drinking enough?
What about people around you to talk to?

If you're still struggling when you've been taking them for a couple of weeks, or if it's unbearable, definitely talk to your GP about it.

smnspark
17-04-22, 01:10 PM
Thanks suzi travel sickness tablets seem to be helping little bit drozy but restful now so will try to eat something soon x

Suzi
17-04-22, 02:42 PM
That's great that they are helping.

Lillyx
06-06-22, 03:19 PM
Welcome x