PDA

View Full Version : Movie Recommendations

Suzi
15-03-22, 08:09 PM
I can't believe we don't have a dedicated Movie recommendation thread already!!

Anyway I've just got in from seeing SING 2 for Fern's birthday and we had the whole cinema to ourselves! It was brilliant! Totally loved it, loved the soundtrack and highly recommend it. The cast list reads like a "who's who!"

Stella180
15-03-22, 09:20 PM
I enjoyed the first Sing movie but still think that Trolls was better. Not seen the second one yet.

Watched The Batman again today. Is it possible that it was better second time around. Really good film.

Saw The Duke on Sunday. Starring Jim Broadbant and Helen Mirren you’re already off to a good start. Really funny film based on a true story, even if it doesn’t appear to stick to the true timeline but very entertaining

For anyone who hasn’t watched Belfast yet, where the hell have you been hiding? Excellent movie.

Suzi
16-03-22, 11:10 AM
Great recommendations! Thank you!

Paula
17-03-22, 10:29 AM
We watched the new Pixar movie on Disney+ yesterday, Turning Red. Much, much, much better than we expected

Suzi
17-03-22, 04:14 PM
H, F and I loved it too! However, so much controversy about the themes of teenage girls, periods and goodness me.... boys!

Stella180
20-03-22, 10:16 PM
Friday I watched Phantom of the Open. Not as good as I hoped it would be but not completely dreadful.

Today I saw Dog. A story about a military service dog who lost his handler and is scheduled to me put down when she was deemed unfit for rehoming. It’s meant to be a comedy but wasn’t really that funny. Again not a movie to go out of your way to watch but if you’re at a loose end with an hour and 40 mins to spare there are worse things to do than watch this.

I also watched Uncharted. Gamers will be aware of this PlayStation title. Supposedly, a prequel to the game, stating Tom Holland, Mark Wahlburg and Antonio Banderas in a Tomb Raider/ National Treasure style hunt for historic treasure. Again another fun movie without being spectacular. Best part was the few seconds of Tom Holland working out shirtless. Who know he could be so buff? Sorry, back of track, again worth a watch but nothing we haven’t seen before (except Tom Hollands impressive pecs)