PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Paralympics

Jaquaia
26-08-21, 12:38 PM
Some absolutely incredible performances so far. We're currently sat in second in the medal table with 6 gold, 7 silver and 3 bronze.

Sir Lee Pearson has won his 12th gold medal with Georgia Wilson taking bronze in the grade II individual equestrian.

World records have been broken in the pool, with Tully Kearney smashing the WR by nearly 2 seconds on her way to gold, and a WR by Maisie Summers-Newton. Tully Kearney also took a silver, as did Reece Dunn and Toni Shaw taken a bronze.

In the velodrome, Dame Sarah Storey did it again, catching her opponent and fellow Brit to take gold, and a gold for Jaco van Gas's in another Brit one-two. Jody Cundy, Aileen McGlynn and Crystal Lane-Wrighy took silvers.

There were two medals in the epée, with Dmitri Coutya taking bronze and Piers Gulliver going one better than Rio and taking the gold!

Suzi
26-08-21, 12:51 PM
It's amazing!

Stella180
26-08-21, 01:13 PM
I’ve not had a chance to watch any of it yet.

Jaquaia
26-08-21, 03:10 PM
The bits I've seen have been awesome.

Sophie Wells has also won a silver in the grade V dressage.

Allalone
26-08-21, 04:03 PM
I’ve managed to sit and watch some. The wheelchair rugby, aka murderball, has been great. GB play USA tomorrow to see who tops the group, both are already through to the semifinals. Watched a bit of wheelchair basketball too, not had much choice with Im wanting to watch it. Not sure I told you this. When we went to Loughborough for the graduation, the GB men’s wheelchair basketball team where staying in the same hotel. We got in the lift with 2 of them and Im was stunned into silence! She did pluck up the courage to talk to them on the second day though.

OldMike
26-08-21, 04:11 PM
Some brilliant performances

Jaquaia
26-08-21, 06:54 PM
I’ve managed to sit and watch some. The wheelchair rugby, aka murderball, has been great. GB play USA tomorrow to see who tops the group, both are already through to the semifinals. Watched a bit of wheelchair basketball too, not had much choice with Im wanting to watch it. Not sure I told you this. When we went to Loughborough for the graduation, the GB men’s wheelchair basketball team where staying in the same hotel. We got in the lift with 2 of them and Im was stunned into silence! She did pluck up the courage to talk to them on the second day though.

That's awesome!!!

Suzi
26-08-21, 07:33 PM
That's so very cool!

Jaquaia
27-08-21, 09:38 AM
More medals today!

Bronze for Olivia Broome in the powerlifting, Jaco van Gass in the cycling and Maria Lyle on the track.

Gold's for Kadeena Cox in the cycling, Hannah Russell and Reece Dunn in the pool, with Dunn breaking his own world record!

Stella180
27-08-21, 09:46 AM
Bethany Firth and Jessica Jane Applegate also got silver and bronze S14 200m freestyle.

Jaquaia
27-08-21, 11:46 AM
A bronze for Stephen Clegg in the pool too! That is one sporty family!!!

Allalone
28-08-21, 11:26 PM
Did anybody see Will Bayleys reaction when he won his semifinal in the table tennis? He went bonkers, kicked the panels around the table over, was shouting loads and ended up getting a yellow card, I’m assuming for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Thankfully if hasn’t affected his place in the final. What will he do if he wins the gold medal??

Stella180
29-08-21, 12:21 AM
I didn’t see that. What classification is he in?

Allalone
29-08-21, 08:11 AM
Will is in Class 7. Overnight he lost the gold medal match so went home with a well earned silver. He was in Strictly a couple of years ago but had to pull out midway through due to injury.

Suzi
29-08-21, 12:10 PM
So glad he got the silver!

Jaquaia
03-09-21, 11:08 PM
I remember him in Rio. He won the gold medal match, climbed up on the table, got a yellow card then got down and hugged the umpire.