PDA

View Full Version : Today

Arty
14-03-21, 04:10 PM
Hi there,
It has been ages since I posted, sorry. For some reason I am struggling today. All these special events rake stuff up..thinking about the past, you know? I have a *great* deal to be thankful for right now and I would NEVER want to be back with my ex. Pen is wonderful, I couldn’t ask for more. Yet today I just feel ugh and inadequate ...I saw the girls this morning which was lovely, they make me so very proud. Life seems to take so much energy sometimes though.....
This week I had a procedure at the hospital, gynae exploratory and cervix cauterisation (ouch) and I have had a coil put in to sort out heavy periods and spotting. Fingers crossed it will work out for me.
My course is going well and I am definitely lining up for level 3 in September.
Thanks for listening xx

Suzi
14-03-21, 04:27 PM
(bear) for the procedure - I had a coil change this week so I can sympathise on that one....
So glad you saw the girls and enjoyed your time with them.

I can't imagine that anyone else sees you as inadequate. You seem so capable of everything and anything. You are lovely, and you and Pen make a really fabulous couple...

Arty
14-03-21, 06:01 PM
Thanks Suzie, I’ve had a lovely, relaxing bath (nod). I’ve written a few things down for my counselling appt tomorrow. I think special occasions, although lovely, stir memories and thoughts up. Just trying to be kind to myself xx

Suzi
14-03-21, 06:31 PM
You know you can always talk about the memories here if you wanted to?

Arty
14-03-21, 07:30 PM
Thank-you Suzi. I am ok most of the time, it is just accepting that I am not a robot and that different feelings come up sometimes. All I know is that Penny and I are wonderful together and she is so loyal, I am a very lucky lady (inlove) xx

Stella180
14-03-21, 08:23 PM
Ok putting your relationship status aside, what’s really going on with you?

Suzi
14-03-21, 08:30 PM
You are always welcome to talk about your feelings etc, it's part of what we're here for ;)

OldMike
15-03-21, 08:42 AM
Glad to hear from you Arty I'm so pleased you and Penny found each other I'm sure your girls think you are a good mum.

Paula
15-03-21, 09:30 AM
Hey, love, how are you this morning?

Arty
15-03-21, 11:08 AM
Hi Paula,
I am ok thank-you. I have done some housework and have got my counselling session later on. The session should release stuff that is going around my head lol. After that, we are going out to get some jobs done at Penny’s ex’s place.
I should be able to get back into my school placement after the Easter holidays, this will remind me that I can do this!!! All this ‘limbo’ time heightens nasty negative thoughts. Like everyone else, I just want to be able to do normal stuff that helps we cope, like my swimming.
X

Suzi
15-03-21, 11:53 AM
You can get through this lovely, you're great. Glad you have your counselling session lovely. Hope you are able to talk through everything that's going on for you...

Arty
26-03-21, 01:47 PM
Hi, just thought I would let you know that things are going well. I don't know if I have mentioned that I help at the food bank once a week. I am really enjoying it.
We are making a few plans for days out, short breaks etc. Nothing fixed re: dates, just a few ideas at this stage x

Suzi
26-03-21, 03:07 PM
Thanks for letting us know how you are lovely! It's great that you are able to do things like help at the food bank. Are you making friends etc there?

Arty
26-03-21, 04:59 PM
It is an offshoot of the main one, held at the local church. I help one lady run it once a week. She is a lovely person and whilst we are waiting for ‘customers’ we have chance to chat about our week and our lives in general. I love meeting new people and learning about the directions their life has gone in. Although I am unsure whether I actually believe in God, I feel at peace when I am in the church building. The vicar and his wife have been amazing friends to me for many years. Throughout all of my MH ups and downs, they have stood by me, being true Christians.x

Paula
26-03-21, 06:04 PM
That’s lovely to hear :)

Suzi
26-03-21, 08:51 PM
That's made me all emotional hearing you say that. I too always feel at peace and more centered when I go to my Church or talk to my Rector. It's a wonderful "safe" feeling. I'm so glad you're getting the chance to do this and to share "you" and your kind and lovely spirit with those around you.

Arty
30-03-21, 05:33 PM
Thank-you ladies for your lovely comments.
I went in person to college today, for the first time in months. It was so lovely to connect properly with people again.
We had a talk by a guy who took my level 2 counselling course. I have never forgotten how great he was when B left, and I took him a highland cow as a thank-you gift. He spoke to us about mental health for 30 minutes and it really struck a chord with me, reminding me about the journey I am on.
I talked a bit to the tutors about level 3 and it feels as if there is now a way forward career wise. The guy who was from the counselling dept. said that we can’t climb the whole mountain in one go, you have to do one bit at a time. He is right, I mustn’t be inpatient with myself about the future. Pen and I have each other now and other life changes will happen when they happen.
In other news, I have started doing some art and crochet again and the swimming pool opens soon! Whoop! X

Suzi
30-03-21, 06:20 PM
That's such a positive post! I'm sure he loved the cow - coz let's face it, they are amazing!
I'm so glad you're crafting again lovely!

Paula
30-03-21, 09:22 PM
That’s awesome! You seem in so much more of a better place :)

OldMike
31-03-21, 10:55 AM
Looks like things are on the up for you Arty and may the so continue.

Arty
17-04-21, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Next week I start back with my placement (fingers crossed) so I am taking the opportunity to rest this afternoon. Tomorrow I have my first COVID jab and I am getting tested on Monday, ready for college and the school. I am getting organised for our meals next week. Pen is back doing face to face classes too so we need to be kind to ourselves. I’ve had 2 swims this week, it was lovely to get in the pool (nod) Hope you are all doing well xx

Suzi
17-04-21, 02:10 PM
Sounds positive with the swimming and face to face classes. How are you feeling about going back to school?

Butterfly
17-04-21, 05:13 PM
That sounds lovely Arty, especially the swimming! Sending you best wishes for your covid jab and for the upcoming week xx

Arty
17-04-21, 06:10 PM
Thank-you ladies. I am very excited about going to be going back into school. I am a bit nervous, naturally, and I know it will take a few sessions for my confidence to build up again. I know I need the stimulation now though, and I am trying to pace too (rofl)xx

Suzi
17-04-21, 08:45 PM
How many days are you in school? Is that every week?

Arty
18-04-21, 07:10 AM
I am in college on Tuesdays. I plan on being in school Wednesday mornings and all day on Thursday. I haven’t done an all day session as yet, the classroom assistant takes the class on Thursday afternoons so I am looking forward to helping her. It feels so long since I have been there, I have really missed the children!
This week I have told the Foodbank lady that I won’t be there on Friday morning, as I know I will be really tired by then. On Friday afternoon I am having my hair done - whoop! X

Suzi
18-04-21, 08:18 AM
Sounds like a good week! Definitely full of things to look forward to!

Arty
05-05-21, 03:14 PM
Hi all,
I’ve had 2 observations/assessments for college (yesterday and toda) One was a Micro teach in college, one was a classroom obs. I am so relieved they’re out of the way but my negative/self critic voice is going crazy :s I’m going to rest up for the remainder of the afternoon/ evening and watch Call the Midwife and a film! Xx

Suzi
05-05-21, 06:15 PM
I'm sure you will have been brilliant! However, I remember my teaching observations and how nerve wracking they were!
I'm glad you're going to rest for the rest of the afternoon lovely.

Arty
18-05-21, 07:02 PM
Hi all,
I seem to be having a difficult few days. The girls were with me at the weekend. I feel like I was very much ‘holding it together’. I took Pen’s daughter to visit her boyfriend in hospital in Bristol on Sunday. My level 2 course is coming to an end but my placement continuing until the end of the year. I feel very stressed. Oh, and I had a phone-call earlier from my Dad’s wife to say he is in hospital with suspected sepsis. Ugh...
I know I need to rest and recharge but my inner critic is being so harsh. This evening I have had a bath and I am going to watch some TV and do some tapestry. X

Paula
18-05-21, 07:04 PM
Oh hunni, I’m sorry your dad’s poorly. Are you able to visit him?

Arty
18-05-21, 07:39 PM
I don’t think I will be able to as I suspect only one visitor will be allowed which I feel should be his wife.
I feel very confused about him. He could be dying and I am not sure what I should be feeling. He has severe dementia and doesn’t know who anyone is any more. His behaviour years ago was awful/ so screwed up and I feel numb towards him. It is so difficult.x

Suzi
18-05-21, 08:24 PM
So sorry you're in that position - My Mum has been in hospital for a couple of weeks and it's really hard when only one person can go and see her. Could you do video calls?

Did you not enjoy the time with your girls?
Is H's boyfriend OK?

Have you had any therapy or ever talked about things with your Dad with anyone?

Arty
18-05-21, 08:51 PM
Hi, I loved seeing them. S is in the last few weeks of year 11, bless her. H’s boyfriend is doing well, thankfully. I guess I want to build bridges with H. We had a lovely conversation in the car there and back.
Yes, I have had therapy about my Dad. I know that he has struggled with MH issues throughout his life (as my Mum has too) I can only spin so many plates and I am terrified of overdoing things if that makes sense. I’m so glad I have reached out to you guys this evening x

Suzi
18-05-21, 08:58 PM
My youngest is the same age as S then - just a few weeks left of year 11.
Why do you feel you need to build bridges with H?

It makes total sense to me love. Sometimes you have to shift your focus so that you can keep on with everything else... But don't bottle it all up love.
I'm glad you've reached out tonight too..

Paula
19-05-21, 10:21 AM
I’m so glad you were able to spend some quality time with H :)

Suzi
19-05-21, 01:02 PM
How are you today Arty?

Arty
19-05-21, 01:34 PM
Hi,
I am feeling brighter thankfully. I guess I overdid things on the weekend and it has taken a few days to recalibrate! As fellow parents know, raising children is demanding (as well as rewarding of course)
Tomorrow I am working with a group of children in school doing a window display on garden birds, which I am really looking forward to.
Re: H, I guess I just want her to like me, for obvious reasons. Tbh she is being lovely towards both me and Pen and has been for months. She is very much in love with her boyfriend which helps.
This afternoon I am going to spend a bit of time preparing for tomorrow afternoon and then do something relaxing.
Thanks, as always x

Suzi
19-05-21, 03:39 PM
How could H not like you? You are lovely and kind and you make Pen very, very happy!
So glad you're feeling brighter x That window display sounds like something you can have loads of fun with!

Arty
02-06-21, 01:13 PM
Sometimes...you just have to stop and rest (rofl) Pen has gone out with H. We are away for 3 nights on Friday so pacing is required - although I want to fight it!
Also, does anyone find that they have a reaction to certain sweetners eg. aspartame? It makes me feel mental (more so than usual!) Xx

Suzi
02-06-21, 06:07 PM
A lot of people have issues with things like aspartame. Beta carotene affects me ;)

I'm glad you're pacing. Are you going anywhere nice? Just the two of you?

Arty
02-06-21, 08:20 PM
That’s interesting Suzi (nod) I’m trying to reduce caffeine too but this is easier said than done at times!
It is just the two of us, yes. We are going to Seaton in Devon. We have stayed at the hotel before but only one night. We really need the break. I will be relieved when we get there as with COVID nothing has been guaranteed!
Thankfully my eldest daughter (S) has now finished her year 11 tests. She is going to a different school for sixth form and my youngest daughter (K) has also decided (bravely) to move to that school, to start year 10 in September. K’s current school is having major behavioural issues and she isn’t really learning anything there. All change eh? S is still with her boyfriend of more than 2 years. He comes over quite a bit, which I love as I have always encouraged their friends to visit.
I have started to do a bit of prep for my level 3 course. You have to do an interview for it, I have mine on 14th June. Thankfully I already know the tutor. I must admit that I am missing the children from my placement this week.
Thanks for listening, as always x

Suzi
02-06-21, 08:23 PM
You'll be fine for the interview I'm sure.
Sounds like a lovely thing to do to go and get some time alone.
Sometimes it is the best thing to do to make a huge change....

Paula
02-06-21, 09:32 PM
Devon is so gorgeous at this time of year!

Arty
20-06-21, 08:25 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to post that I have had a really great few days mentally. It feels as if everything is going to be ok and that all the puzzle pieces will find their place at the right time. Maybe I am learning to properly pace?! Lol. Hope you are all ok x

Paula
20-06-21, 08:50 PM
That’s fab news!

Suzi
20-06-21, 09:47 PM
That's a fabulous post!

Arty
21-07-21, 01:54 PM
Hi all,
I’ve had a bit of a blip. I think it could be the reaction to the end of my level 2 course etc. I had to come home unwell from my placement on the last but one day (tbh I had stayed on longer than needed anyway so I now feel ok about this) My sleep has been awry for over a week - which the DWD gang will be aware is an indicator that too much has been pushed through the system. It is my daughters prom on Friday so Pen and I have made a pact that I rest as much as possible before then (especially as I am driving her to Bristol Friday night - my Mum is coming along with us thankfully) I know things will settle down in due course and it is good that I now recognise the signs that things are going downhill.xx

Suzi
21-07-21, 03:40 PM
Sorry that you're struggling lovely. It's good that you're talking things over with Pen and that you've got plans with your Mum to help.
Well done for completing your level 2. Do you have plans to go on to do the next step?

Arty
21-07-21, 04:31 PM
Hi Suzi,
Yes, I am signed up for level 3 in September. In the meantime I am going to help out at the pottery studio and rest (and pace lol) (nod)

Suzi
21-07-21, 04:36 PM
That sounds great! I'm sure Pen will love the extra help and it must be nice doing something so creative with her too! Are you staying at the same placement for your Level 3?

Arty
21-07-21, 04:49 PM
Yes, but I am going to key stage 2 (years 3 & 4 combined).
As you may know, level 3 is a lot more work so I am going to give it a really good go. (y) x

Suzi
21-07-21, 04:58 PM
You can do it! I think the hardest thing is deciding and starting something! You've got such great support around you.

Arty
22-07-21, 03:15 PM
Thanks Suzi for having faith in me. I will rise like a Phoenix again in September I am sure! My sleep is starting to return thankfully so one day at a time eh?x

Suzi
22-07-21, 03:48 PM
Why wouldn't I have faith in you? You are enormously intelligent, kind, patient - absolutely everything I ever wanted/needed in any of the TA's I was lucky enough to have with me whilst I was teaching!

Arty
22-07-21, 07:09 PM
**blushes with pride**….
As many of you know, I have been travelling quite a journey over the last 7+ years. Getting a job will be the icing on the cake and rational Emma knows that the right thing will come along when I am ready. Like many others on this forum, comparing oneself to others is sometimes a big thing for me.
But, having said that, the girls’ Dad and his new wife had their long running jobs solidly in place before the break up happened. Indeed, their relationship as boss and P.A was also developing since my youngest was a baby, 14 years ago. So it is actually unfair of me to expect my new life to fall into place in 5 minutes. 5 years ago today my eldest left primary school. That was 4 months after B left me. Since then, I have sold the family home and bought my own home. Most importantly, I now have the most amazing partner by my side (who loves me a million times more than he did) and I have successfully completed 3 college courses in counselling and TA skills. I never dreamt that my life would be where it is now but I am determined to fight on and make my own way financially. I think that Sophie having her prom tomorrow and leaving school has stirred things for me emotionally. It is good to talk things through. X

Suzi
22-07-21, 07:55 PM
You've come so far love. You really are amazing. You're also right, you now have a partner who adores you and you adore her!

OldMike
23-07-21, 09:50 AM
You're doing so well Arty you're certainly a fighter and as you say you'll rise like a phoenix, and I hope Sophie has a good prom.

Arty
27-07-21, 09:18 PM
Hi all,
I'm sorry to say that my Dad is very ill, he has Sepsis and doesn't have long to live. I have visited him tonight but I feel very mixed up regarding my relationship with him x

Suzi
27-07-21, 09:39 PM
Oh hunni, I'm sorry. I don't know your history with your Dad lovely. Well done for posting for support. You know we're all here for you x

Paula
27-07-21, 10:00 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
27-07-21, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. (panda)

Arty
28-07-21, 09:53 AM
Hi ladies,
Thank-you for your kind thoughts. There is lots of history to do with my Dad (involving my Mum) and tbh I always regarded my step Dad as my real Dad. When I see my Dad I don’t feel anything. As you may know, Dad is married to my ex’s Mum so things are complicated. The funeral is going to be difficult as we will all be there. However, I have my Pen (inlove)

Thankfully the MH ‘blip’ that I have been going through in the last few weeks seems to be lifting. Today is the first day that I am not dragging myself through treacle. I spoke to my GP on Monday and she was really lovely, so kind. x

Paula
28-07-21, 10:52 AM
That’s good to hear that your fog has lifted, love, try to be kind to you though…

Suzi
28-07-21, 11:16 AM
Be really kind to you lovely... We're here for you too.

Arty
28-07-21, 04:57 PM
Hi again,
Dad passed away at lunchtime today. I feel totally numb at the moment. I will make sure I am being kind to myself in the coming days and weeks x

Suzi
28-07-21, 06:37 PM
Oh love, I'm sorry... Definitely give yourself plenty of time to grieve and to work out how you are feeling about everything...

Strugglingmum
28-07-21, 06:50 PM
(panda)

Paula
28-07-21, 07:15 PM
(panda)

Arty
29-07-21, 06:54 PM
Hi there,
I feel such a range of emotions right now, well I am numb but there is so much going through my head itms. I am not even sure I want to go to the funeral. As you may recall, my Dad was married to my ex’s Mum so I have to face my ex, his wife and his sister etc. It’s all sooo complicated. My girls would sit with me I expect but will feel awkward. Maybe I am overthinking things. I am not going to rush into my decision though.x

Suzi
29-07-21, 06:56 PM
Definitely don't rush into any decisions. I'm sure Pen would be with you love. Take time, it's all so very raw...

Arty
30-07-21, 09:22 AM
Hi Suzi,
I've had quite a busy week so I am going to have a recharge day today. I've got into painting again (inlove) so will be doing some later. My thoughts are going all over the place atm so I will try and channel this into my art.
Yes, Pen will be at my side for the funeral and I am hoping that a couple of my friends will support me too x

Paula
30-07-21, 09:56 AM
Having something like painting is so good for the soul

Suzi
30-07-21, 11:40 AM
So glad you're painting love. You've got a great support network hunni, use them... But also pace, rest, recharge...

Arty
03-08-21, 08:13 PM
Hi,
I thought I would check in as it has been a few days. Tomorrow I am going to spend the afternoon with my Mum and my ex mother in law (my Dad’s wife) looking through photos and talking about music for the funeral etc. I plan on going for a swim in the morning (trying to keep my self care going) Today I have been at the studio making cows (inlove) The girls are coming home tomorrow, really looking forward to seeing them.
My GP has increased my Venlaflaxine from 150mg to 225mg (slow release) I know this change will take a while to settle in.
Thanks for being there x

Suzi
03-08-21, 09:06 PM
Well done for talking to your GP lovely. Glad you're working on self care too.

Enjoy the swim and hope that the photos etc are OK...

Paula
03-08-21, 09:18 PM
I’m so glad you’ve been honest with your GP, love :)

OldMike
04-08-21, 10:08 AM
I'm glad you've had some fun time at the studio making cows. Seeing your girls must give you a boost, take care Arty.

Arty
05-08-21, 08:50 PM
Hi all,
I have a review with my GP on Monday re:meds. Tomorrow I am having a self care day, spending time with my eldest who is struggling atm. She has had a very full on couple of months and definitely needs a bit of pacing time with her Mum x

Paula
05-08-21, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a great idea, have fun tomorrow :)

Suzi
05-08-21, 09:10 PM
Hope all is OK with your eldest. Anything that we can help with at all?
What are you doing for your pamper session?

Arty
06-08-21, 02:22 PM
Hi,
I swam this morning and then went out with S to Costa and a bit of shopping. Since then I have been resting and I must admit that I feel soo much better for it.
Any thoughts on adjustment period for higher Venl. dose?x

Paula
06-08-21, 03:26 PM
Any thoughts on adjustment period for higher Venl. dose?x

Like with any AD, it usually takes as long for the increased dose to really take effect as it would have done for when you initially started taking it

Suzi
06-08-21, 03:44 PM
All you can do is go with the way that it's making you feel. For my husband any increase in ven makes him sleep... But it's well worth it for him. Ven has changed everything for him/us.

Arty
06-08-21, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your replies ladies. x

Suzi
06-08-21, 08:49 PM
Hope you had a lovely time with your daughter lovely...

Arty
07-08-21, 07:10 AM
I did thanks Suzi. Today I am taking both my girlies swimming (nod) and then we’re going to my Mum's for lunch. After that I plan to rest as we have friends coming over tomorrow for a BBQ.
As you say Suzi, I have to go with what my body is telling me right now and pacing seems to be working.
My Dad’s funeral is on 19th August. We have made a plan re: who is going to sit where. Looking through the old photos was brilliant.
Have a good day everyone x

Suzi
07-08-21, 12:13 PM
So glad looking through the photos etc was a positive thing for you. It was good you could do it together.
Well done on pacing. It's so hard, but so important.

Enjoy the swimming lovely!

Arty
08-08-21, 09:22 AM
Morning all.
It’s a wet morning here but I have been for a walk (as I/we do most days)
S (my eldest) has had a lot going on recently. She has just finished year 11 and is starting sixth form in September. She split up with her long time boyfriend about 2 months ago and is now seeing another lad. I know that she really misses the long term one, although he didn’t really treat her that well. I feel that she is learning a lot about relationships already. She has been feeling very tired/overwhelmed lately and I am trying to teach her about pacing (rofl) She often has naps to recharge. She loves running but sometimes feels unwell afterwards, which we need to monitor. She can be quite emotional and likes to please everyone (like me lol) We have a really good relationship and she tells me everything, and I mean everything! K has a very different personality but she loves doing art with me and really tries to understand my MH issues. Any teenage advice/feedback welcome!
Have a good day everyone x

Paula
08-08-21, 09:27 AM
As anyone on dwd will tell you, my youngest is 20 and I still haven’t got the knack of teenagers ;). But, you’re there for your girls and that’s all anyone could ask of you (panda)

Suzi
08-08-21, 09:57 AM
My youngest is the same age as your eldest love. Thursday can't get here soon enough so we can definitely work on the next steps.... They've been through so much uncertainty over the last year and a half, it's going to have taken a massive effect on them.
Hormones are also a nightmare.

I totally don't have the knack of it yet either and mine are 16, 17 and 20 lol

Arty
09-08-21, 02:48 PM
Hi,
I came across this and I think it is really good/helpful advice. I know that you don’t normally allow links on here though.
https://www.activebeat.com/your-health/10-things-only-people-with-depression-can-truly-understand/7/
I went to see the GP this morning. She was lovely. She has asked me to write down 3 things that I have achieved every day in my journal.
I’ll perhaps write some more about what she said tomorrow as I am very tired this afternoon.
X

Suzi
09-08-21, 03:08 PM
I'm happy for links when we know you! It's only as we have a lot of people who join just to post links and some of them make me blush and I'm definitely no prude! That's a great link!

Well done for talking to your GP.

Paula
09-08-21, 07:02 PM
I’m so glad you’ve spoken to your GP. Have you thought about joining in on the Fab 5s thread each Friday?

Arty
09-08-21, 07:31 PM
Paula,
I will join in with that (nod)
I am going to chat to the GP again in a couple of weeks after the funeral. She wants me to stop worrying about the direction of my life after that as the next couple of weeks will need enough of my spoons (my words LOL)
X

Suzi
09-08-21, 09:19 PM
That's very true...

Arty
10-08-21, 03:52 PM
Hello,
Here I am, pacing ��
I went to the studio this morning and made some cows. Now I am watching Billy Elliott (the live version) it is sooo brilliant. I just had a little cry when Billy reads the letter from his Mum…. I am going to do some of my tapestry and maybe some drawing later.
It has been a really busy weekend, as I’m sure you have seen from Pen’s post. We’re looking after each other. We have a meal out planned with H and her brother Josh on Saturday which will be a nice treat x

Suzi
10-08-21, 06:34 PM
It's so good that you two are supporting each other through everything. How did your day go? Did you get your art or tapestry done?

Arty
10-08-21, 06:50 PM
No art or tapestry yet but I have all evening. I feel much better for having rested. Pen and I had beans on toast for tea as neither of us fancied anything else. x

Suzi
10-08-21, 08:26 PM
Sounds perfect to me!

Arty
13-08-21, 04:32 PM
Hi all,
So.. I bought myself one of these:
https://soulanalyse.com/shop/i-am-strong-affirmation-ring-silver/
I thought it would be something positive to look at on Thursday and also when I return to college/my placement.
Pen and I managed to go out for an impromptu lunch today (inlove) This evening I have arranged to phone my ex sister-in-law for a chat ahead of the funeral. I am proud of myself reaching out to her after all this time.
X

Suzi
13-08-21, 04:44 PM
That ring is fab! You definitely are very strong love!
I'm so glad you and Pen got out for a lunch today - I imagine you both needed some time out just the two of you.
Did you and your ex sister in law get on well? I hope the call is what you need it to be.

Arty
13-08-21, 05:32 PM
Tbh it was strained at times (rofl) When I was in a *really* dark place she told me to ‘toughen up a bit’…(that old chestnut (punch) )
On the other hand, she wanted to keep in touch after the marriage split. I just want to do the grown up thing and hold out the olive branch for the sake of Thursday if nothing else….x

Suzi
13-08-21, 05:57 PM
Ahh so someone who has no idea about mental ill health then? I think it's a brave and kind thing to do.

Arty
14-08-21, 07:48 AM
Hi, the chat was lovely. She said she was really pleased to hear from me. I put the phone on speaker so that Pen could hear too (nod) My (ex) nephews will be coming to the funeral, I can’t wait to see them. Interestingly, Jack, who will be 20 in October has come out as bisexual and is wearing dresses and nail varnish. How brilliant! He starts at Sheffield uni in September (where I went) and is going to be living in LGBT halls. Apparently Sheffield were the first uni to come up with the idea. Isn’t it wonderful that people can be themselves now? From a personal perspective, Penny and I are able to live openly as a same sex couple. Good times :) x

Paula
14-08-21, 07:56 AM
I’m so glad the chat went well, lovely :)

Suzi
14-08-21, 10:23 AM
That is awesome about Jack! I love how open things are getting - there's still a long way to go, but it's so wonderful that people can be them and not be ashamed or hide who they are! It's so great his Mum is supportive! What an awesome idea for the LGBT+ halls!
I'm so glad that the chat was good and that you both obviously got a lot from it! I'm thrilled for you love. Was she accepting of your new relationship with Pen?

Arty
14-08-21, 08:33 PM
Yes, totally re: my relationship with Pen.
Please give me some encouragement re: the Venl. increase…I am feeling soooo tired/ out of it/ numb in the mornings. But, I am determined to see it through x

Suzi
14-08-21, 09:24 PM
Marc always sleeps when his is increased, but so far it's been the best medication he's ever had.. He's the most stable he's been in 20 something years....

Paula
15-08-21, 08:08 AM
Did you have the same symptoms when you first started on the venlafaxine? If so, I assume they eased? If so, if they eased then, they’ll ease now. It’s a great drug, love, which made a huge difference to me. (panda)

Arty
19-08-21, 04:18 PM
Hi all,
It was the funeral at lunchtime today. It went ok. We feel drained, as you can imagine. But it is done, thankfully xx

Suzi
19-08-21, 04:28 PM
Massive hugs love.... So glad it went as well as it could do..

Arty
19-08-21, 06:09 PM
Thanks Suzi.
It's funny, I used to have a major death phobia (years ago) but I don't feel like that any more. I see it as a natural process, when the body needs to be at peace and rest.
X

Suzi
19-08-21, 06:13 PM
That's good that you're not afraid anymore. It is just a natural stage... I think it's the fear of what lies next that can be an issue, rather than the actual dying... Or maybe that's just where my issues come from lol...

Paula
19-08-21, 09:45 PM
That’s weird, Im exactly the opposite….

I’m glad it was ok today, Arty, please make sure you look after yourself (panda)

OldMike
20-08-21, 09:17 AM
I suppose we all have a fear of death it is because we're looking in to the unknown I suspect.

Arty
20-08-21, 04:11 PM
Thank-you for your replies. I spoke to my GP again for a review. I was really low this morning but I made it into the swimming pool anyway. Mum is coming for tea tonight and the girls are with us for the weekend (inlove)x

Suzi
20-08-21, 07:35 PM
How did it go with the review? How are you doing on the increase?
I'm sorry you were low this morning. Did the swimming help?

Do you have any plans with the girls?

Arty
21-08-21, 09:03 AM
Hi Suzi,
I think it is too early to say. The chat with the GP was helpful and we agreed that I must give the medication a good chance. I noticed that she talked to me for 20 minutes which is brilliant. I feel very tired/drained but then it has been quite a week. I am focussing on pacing, especially whilst the girls are here. Pen has a shut down week next week so we are hoping to have a day out somewhere. This weekend I am at pottery today and tomorrow we are all planning to go blackberry picking (nod) x

Paula
21-08-21, 09:12 AM
Sounds like you have a relaxing week ahead of you - good to hear :)

Suzi
21-08-21, 11:28 AM
That sounds like such great plans and I'm so pleased your GP listened and that you are going to give the increase a good go...

Arty
23-08-21, 01:27 PM
Hello,
A really bad night’s sleep last night - mind you I slept 11 hours the night before ?! I have no spoons….This morning I called the Samaritans to get everything off my chest. Pen has sent me home for complete rest. I think I will need to do the same tomorrow too. Xx

Paula
23-08-21, 02:01 PM
Sounds like what you need, love….

Suzi
23-08-21, 02:26 PM
Well done for calling to get some support lovely... (bear) (bear)

Arty
27-09-21, 05:30 PM
Hello all,
I have done 2 weeks of college sessions and I start back at my placement tomorrow. I am actually totally terrified…I know I can only do one day at a time but I feel the doom of ‘real jobdom’ pressing down on me.
They have 3 LSA jobs going at the school. I think I will ask for more details tomorrow (possibly)
My tutor says that self belief should be my aim now. I know she is right but sometimes it feels impossible.
X

Suzi
27-09-21, 09:01 PM
Oh no! Why the fear? You know you love working with the kids, you know that you're more than capable and so go and enjoy it! You're exactly the kind of person I would have loved as a TA when I was teaching! Go, don't think, DO!
Definitely ask about the jobs, you're totally awesome!

Arty
28-09-21, 04:20 PM
Thank-you for your lovely comments Suzi.
I have just got back from my first day (nod) It went really well (despite having a broken night’s sleep). It was wonderful to be with the children again, quite a few remembered me from my level 2 course. I have the application form for the LSA jobs. I will look at it properly on Thursday morning when I have some time to get my head around it! X

Suzi
28-09-21, 09:41 PM
YAY! That's so totally brilliant! :)

Arty
11-10-21, 01:28 PM
Hi,
As some of you may have seen from Facebook, Pen and I are now engaged (inlove) I am such a lucky lady.
Unfortunately my MH is all over the place atm. I am taking this week off from school and Pen and I have agreed that we will review this at the end of the week.
Xx

Stella180
11-10-21, 01:40 PM
Congrats.

Jaquaia
11-10-21, 03:33 PM
Congratulations!

Paula
11-10-21, 07:55 PM
Congratulations! And well done for prioritising your health …

Suzi
11-10-21, 09:47 PM
Hi,
As some of you may have seen from Facebook, Pen and I are now engaged (inlove) I am such a lucky lady.
Unfortunately my MH is all over the place atm. I am taking this week off from school and Pen and I have agreed that we will review this at the end of the week.
Xx
So pleased for you both!

Re your mental health, am I right in thinking that you've recently had a dose change? If not, sorry I can get confused with so many people to keep track of ;) How long have you been on the same dose for? Are you doing all the sensible things like taking it at the same time (give or take 30 mins or so) and getting some exercise? Talking to those around you? Keeping a mood diary?

Tell us more about the engagement! So exciting! Who proposed to who? What did the kids say?

Arty
12-10-21, 12:08 PM
Hi, I tried increasing Vl. to 225mg back along but I couldn't get on with it unfortunately....
After a great deal of thought and talking things through with Pen, I have decided to go back to the psych. I saw at the Priory. I have an appointment on Monday and I plan on asking him for a full meds review. As you know, I have chopped and changed around (i'm a bloody nightmare, I know!!!) and I plan on sticking with him to settle things down properly to allow me to function better. I am really lucky to have Pen by my side as she has told me that how ever long it takes, she will be there.. aww xx
As regards the children, all 4 of them are fine. I was particularly concerned about H but she took it really well and even came to look at rings with us.
We are so pleased with our ring choices. They are very different but I feel they compliment each other. We bought them in H Samuel and they gave us wonderful service. We haven't set a date as yet, we're just enjoying being engaged (inlove)

Suzi
12-10-21, 06:24 PM
The chopping and changing around of meds is never going to help, but you know that. If you think that seeing the psych in the Priory is going to be what helps you most then that's what you have to do... but it is going to rely on you taking the right dose of the prescribed meds as directed and I know for you that's not something you find particularly easy. But again, you know that meds take 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system to a therapeutic level, and then each change takes the same time again to take effect...

I love your rings! I think they are beautiful! So, who proposed to who? I love a good love story, and this is a fabulous one! I thought the kids would all be fine, they have to see how happy and in love you both are together!

Arty
13-10-21, 02:54 PM
I hear you Suzi. I am sorry for the way I have messed about with my meds.
I'm literally dragging myself through atm and it feels scary. I am going to listen hard to what the psych. says and stick to it

Arty
13-10-21, 03:23 PM
Sorry for the double post x

Stella180
13-10-21, 04:21 PM
I’m curious why you feel you can listen to the psych and follow instructions but you ignore your GP? If you had followed your GPs advice you wouldn’t need to pay out for a private psych. I don’t understand the difference.

Paula
13-10-21, 04:57 PM
Sorry for the double post x

No probs, all dealt with hunni

I hope you’re able to listen to what the psych tells you, and do it. You know we’re all here to support you through it (bear)

Arty
13-10-21, 05:54 PM
I've just done a flow test and it looks like I may have Covid.
Thanks for your comments.

Suzi
13-10-21, 06:06 PM
I hear you Suzi. I am sorry for the way I have messed about with my meds.
I'm literally dragging myself through atm and it feels scary. I am going to listen hard to what the psych. says and stick to it
You don't have to be sorry, I wasn't trying to give you a lecture - that's not my place. Sweetheart I just want you to get stable and be able to live your life with Pen as happily as you can do. That might mean being on meds for quite a while, but you have to remember that you didn't get this poorly overnight so it won't be an overnight treatment to get you better...
Like Stella, I'm struggling to see what the difference is being prescribed meds by your GP isn't the same as the psych from the Priory... but as I've said, you have to do what is right for you. That isn't going to be the same for each person...

I've just done a flow test and it looks like I may have Covid.
Thanks for your comments.
Oh no! Was it a lateral flow test? Have you booked a PCR test for everyone at home too?
If it is covid, then I hope it's only a very mild case x

Arty
13-10-21, 06:21 PM
I understand your p.o.v. My current GP is really good. I guess I trust the psych. because of my history.
It was a flow test, will be having a PCR tomorrow.x

Suzi
13-10-21, 07:19 PM
As I said lovely, you need to do what is right for you. That may not be the same as what is right for others.

Hope it comes back negative for you lovely x

Paula
13-10-21, 09:27 PM
Big hugs, lovely, and I hope you’re not poorly with it

Arty
14-10-21, 12:20 PM
Hi,
Pen and I have both done PCR tests this morning.
Pen is feeling very tired / drained so is going to take it steady this afternoon too X

Suzi
14-10-21, 01:36 PM
Hope they are negative for you both... When will you hear?

Paula
14-10-21, 02:30 PM
Sounds wise….

Arty
15-10-21, 09:17 AM
Morning all,
The test result was positive. I think I possibly over did it yesterday and had a bad night's sleep. Definitely going to rest today - on Pen's orders lol. I might work on my cross stitch and do some drawing x

Paula
15-10-21, 09:36 AM
Rest lovely!

Suzi
15-10-21, 10:03 AM
Sorry you've caught it. Have you had the vaccines? Is it "just" you that's positive?

Arty
15-10-21, 10:36 AM
Hi,
Paula, may I ask what Vl. you are on? And Marc Suzi? I was just wondering...x

Arty
15-10-21, 10:45 AM
Yes, just me.
May I ask what dose of Vl you are on Paula? & Marc Suzi?
X

Arty
15-10-21, 10:46 AM
Oops, my phone is playing up, sorry ...

Paula
15-10-21, 11:51 AM
375mg, but we’re all different, lovely. The key with venlafaxine (as with all ads) is to take them consistently as they just don’t work otherwise

Suzi
15-10-21, 02:09 PM
I was going to say exactly the same as Paula. Each time you change the dose it takes time for it to filter down into your system. It doesn't matter if you take 10mg or 300mg you're just making it so much harder on your body when you don't take it consistently - Think of it this way...

You take a dose for an extended time = Allows it to stabilise in your system - You think you're "better" so....
Drop or stop dose without cutting down = Putting yourself into withdrawal so you feel awful so then you
Go back to dose A and you feel bad because you're having all the original starting symptoms again..... So the cycle continues.

Again, I'm not trying to lecture you, just need you to understand why things may not be working for you right now....

Arty
22-10-21, 04:25 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to check in. I am following psychiatrist/doctor advice re: my meds. I am allowing myself the time to sort things out & trying not to put pressure on myself. Pen is being wonderful, I am very lucky to have her. Doing some art and making some cows. Hope you are all ok x

Paula
22-10-21, 04:28 PM
Well done, love

Suzi
22-10-21, 06:15 PM
Is this the psych you are seeing privately? What have they said re your meds?
I'm so glad you have that support and the support of Pen!
I love seeing all the cows you guys make!

Arty
24-10-21, 07:41 AM
The psych. has upped my Mirtazapine to 30mg. The plan is to try and drop the amitriptyline at night. These changes should make me more alert in the day.
It's my birthday on Thursday so looking forward to celebrating with Pen and my family (inlove)x

Suzi
24-10-21, 11:24 AM
Are you happy to stick with that long term and not make any changes until they say it's OK to do so?

Arty
27-10-21, 06:55 PM
Yes Suzi, I am going to follow what he recommends. Thank-you for caring x

Suzi
27-10-21, 09:15 PM
How are you doing love?
Yes, of course I care! :)

Paula
28-10-21, 08:58 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it’s a good one! (party)(party)

Jaquaia
28-10-21, 10:02 AM
Happy birthday!!!

Suzi
28-10-21, 11:21 AM
Happy birthday!

Arty
01-11-21, 08:26 PM
Thank-you for your lovely wishes x

Suzi
01-11-21, 10:36 PM
How are you lovely? When do you see your psych again? Are you still taking your meds as prescribed? Are you pacing? Sorry, loads of questions!

Arty
03-11-21, 05:54 AM
Hi, my next psych. appt. is on 15th November. I am taking meds as prescribed and I am going to work with him and my GP. I see my counsellor on Monday too.
Pen is still poorly (Covid) Her cough is definitely worse and I am going to make sure that she doesn't go back to work too soon. I really think she needed this break and i am looking after her. She has clay here so can create some pieces whilst she gets better.
Hope you are all well x

Paula
03-11-21, 07:57 AM
Hey, lovely! Well done for working with your doctors - it’s vital you keep taking your meds as prescribed. Can I ask what meds you are on atm?

Suzi
03-11-21, 09:41 AM
Well done for following the meds advice lovely, that's so important to allow them to find the right meds/combination... Did your new psych change anything?

I'm glad Pen has you to look after her!

Arty
03-11-21, 12:43 PM
He changed my Mz to 30mg and we have agreed I will stop my Ami (which I started last night) Next appointment is on 15th and we will work from there. x