PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of thriving

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Stella180
28-05-21, 06:12 AM
Anxiety is exhausting. A day of anxiety can need 3 days of recovery.

Paula
28-05-21, 08:34 AM
Anxiety is exhausting. A day of anxiety can need 3 days of recovery.

Yep! It’s a good job we’re all so good at admitting that then...... :s

Suzi
28-05-21, 08:49 AM
Anxiety is madly exhausting. It's really important that you are kind to you and rest and give yourself time to recover....

Stella180
28-05-21, 09:41 AM
Yep! It’s a good job we’re all so good at admitting that then...... :s

Very good at admitting it, not always so good at accepting it though.

Strugglingmum
28-05-21, 10:08 AM
Anxiety is madly exhausting. It's really important that you are kind to you and rest and give yourself time to recover....

I will. Just to keep going and make it through till tomorrow afternoon then hopefully I can relax.

Have to go pick Io up from work for a driving lesson, take her back to work then her car needs looked at this afternoon and I have to drop it to the auto spark so I'm just taking a packed lunch with me.
A lot of hanging around again today bit not enough time or opportunity to fit in a swim.
Aimlessly wandering around shops while she does her lesson and hopefully a walk while the guy looks at her car.
Pick her up from work at the end of the day and then I hope not to do too much rest of the day other than trying to keep her calm before her test tomorrow

Suzi
28-05-21, 03:44 PM
What's up with her car?

Hope that she passes tomorrow - when is the test?

Strugglingmum
28-05-21, 04:02 PM
Airbag light was on.... now sorted.
Test is tomorrow morning at 8:50, its Saturday so hopefully traffic wont be too bad. If she keeps the nerves under control she should do well. She's a great wee driver.

Oh and my aimless wander around the shops cost me money!! New top out of my favourite boutique (inlove) and some yarn which I will need to secret into the house because there is enough yarn to bury me at home(think)(giggle)....... still have some Christmas money left though

Stella180
28-05-21, 05:02 PM
Wait! Christmas money? 5 months later? How have taken so long to spend it? I think Paula needs to give you shopping lessons lol

Suzi
28-05-21, 05:40 PM
I'm so glad you stopped and bought something for you! :)

Paula
28-05-21, 05:46 PM
I still have so much work to do in this forum.......

Stella180
28-05-21, 06:17 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Strugglingmum
28-05-21, 06:19 PM
I'm so glad you stopped and bought something for you! :)

I think it may be the most expensive top I've ever bought!!

Suzi
28-05-21, 07:35 PM
I'm sooooo proud!

Stella180
28-05-21, 07:49 PM
Price is irrelevant, if it makes you feel good that’s all that really matters.

Strugglingmum
29-05-21, 10:01 AM
Hurray!!!! Io passed her driving test!!
So pleased for her. Her anxiety was through the roof of course but she held it together for her test.
Her driving instructor couldnt believe how bad her nerves were as she is a great wee driver and was actually nervous whether she would pass or not because she was shaking so much.
Super proud of her. 3 minors which were all for hesitation which is not too bad a minor to have!!

Suzi
29-05-21, 10:10 AM
YAY!!!! Congratulations to Io! That's amazing!
Fantastic news!!!!

Paula
29-05-21, 10:18 AM
(party) well done Io!

Strugglingmum
29-05-21, 10:30 AM
Thank you both. I'm super proud.......and may actually get a couple of sleeps past 6:00 in the mornings now.
With the crap she is going through recently and her sh and time with CAMHS seeing her conquer her anxiety like this makes my heart burst.

Flo
29-05-21, 11:38 AM
Well done Io...(is that short for Iona?)....she won't know herself now she can drive. She'll be going everywhere. Good for her. (party)(hedgehog)(hedgehog)

Suzi
29-05-21, 05:38 PM
She's amazing, she's obviously learnt from seeing you conquer your anxiety too..

OldMike
30-05-21, 10:40 AM
Well done Io...(is that short for Iona?)....she won't know herself now she can drive. She'll be going everywhere. Good for her. (party)(hedgehog)(hedgehog)

Isn't Io one of Jupiter's moons (where did that come from) another thought it could be Iolanthe back on track I'm glad Io conquered her anxiety and passed her test now it'll be mum can I borrow your car I'm off out on the open road (hedgehog)

Strugglingmum
01-06-21, 04:19 PM
Thanks everyone she is happy driving away in her wee red Fiesta.....and I'm a bit lost in the mornings now!!(rofl)

In new big big news!!

We found one! A and I are just home from buying a van to convert to a camper. I'm so excited we finally found one, we've been looking for almost a year and increased our budget slightly but we are now the proud owners of a silver Ford Transit. I'm selling my wee car and we will have A's car and the van between us. Any money from my wee car will go into converting the van......or that's the plan.

I'll be surrounded by huge sheets of cardboard for a few weeks while we design our floor plan. First step is getting windows installed in the back. It will be a long process as we do bits as we can afford it but it will eventually be our own wee space to escape and enjoy

Paula
01-06-21, 04:33 PM
(party) what an amazing project to do together!

Stella180
01-06-21, 04:40 PM
Adding Windows is the easy part. It’s gonna be a fab project. Will you be rolling your sleeves up and helping with the conversion?

Little red fiestas are fab. Welcome to club.

Strugglingmum
01-06-21, 04:43 PM
Thank you both.
I will do what I can and what A allows me to do!!

Suzi
01-06-21, 05:29 PM
That's a VERY cool project! You must take lots of photos along the way!

Stella180
01-06-21, 06:06 PM
Yes, lots and lots of pics. Before, during and after.

Flo
02-06-21, 07:41 AM
^^^ wss

Strugglingmum
05-06-21, 10:49 PM
Eeeeks tomorrow morning is my sponsored paddle board event. I'm excited but a bit nervous too. I love to swim.....but in a pool. I love to walk on the beach by the sea but dont like getting in it. However I have lots of supporters coming to cheer me on...... or record me falling in....multiple times they hope!! A has put half a dozen deck chairs in the van......they really are taking spectating to the next level. Io wondered tonight if she should bring her popcorn!!(rofl)

Butterfly
05-06-21, 11:29 PM
A paddle event sounds exciting! The sea is indeed a bit scary but you'll be fine - enjoy the event (nod) Lots of supporters sound amazing too!

Paula
06-06-21, 09:11 AM
Good luck!

Suzi
06-06-21, 11:34 AM
Hope it's going well lovely!

Strugglingmum
06-06-21, 02:21 PM
Had a fab morning Paddle Boarding. It is fantastic fun and I hope to be able to do it again sometime.

Flo
06-06-21, 04:23 PM
That sounds good...glad you had a good time. I've never tried it but have seen other people do it.

Suzi
06-06-21, 05:07 PM
YAY! Well done love! Looks like so much fun! Did you fall in?

Paula
06-06-21, 05:36 PM
Awesome!

Butterfly
06-06-21, 06:16 PM
Sounds amazing! Glad you've had a good day xx

Strugglingmum
11-06-21, 08:07 PM
Proud mum tonight.
Io won Highly commended in the Regional Federation of Master Builders apprentice of the year award.
She's a bit disappointed not to have won but oh my goodness there is only Highly commended and winner so basically she came second!!
Real proud of all she has achieved this year.

Paula
11-06-21, 09:02 PM
Well done Io!

Suzi
11-06-21, 09:16 PM
That's seriously awesome! Well done Io! I'm so proud of her and she's not even mine!

Allalone
11-06-21, 10:13 PM
That’s fantastic!

Suzi
12-06-21, 09:07 AM
How are you lovely?

OldMike
12-06-21, 09:38 AM
Well done to Io :)

Strugglingmum
12-06-21, 03:53 PM
How are you lovely?

I'm doing ok boss lady.
It's been a strange week as A has been at home as he needed a break from work. C had exams and Io was a bit under the weather too but still at work.
It's been like stress, claustrophobia city.
I went for a long swim today to relax and be on my own for a bit.
Tomorrow A and I are going to church and taking a picnic with us to go on out for the afternoon, just the 2 of us before he heads back to work on Monday. I'm looking forward to just chilling for a while with him and having a catch up. We always talk better away from the house and are more relaxed.

Suzi
12-06-21, 05:30 PM
Hello gorgeous!
Can I ask what A does?
I sympathise with the exam stress and it being all consuming. Hazel is doing mock A levels atm!
How was the swim?
Are you eating and drinking OK?
How are you actually feeling?
I'm so glad that you and A are going to have a bit of time together... It's so valuable.

BTW it's lovely to hear from you!

Strugglingmum
13-06-21, 06:00 PM
Hello gorgeous!
Can I ask what A does?
I sympathise with the exam stress and it being all consuming. Hazel is doing mock A levels atm!
How was the swim?
Are you eating and drinking OK?
How are you actually feeling?
I'm so glad that you and A are going to have a bit of time together... It's so valuable.

BTW it's lovely to hear from you!

Aw thanks.

A works in a factory..... he hates his job.... sorry he hates his management. He's back in tomorrow.
I had a great swim yesterday and we had a lovely picnic today and just sat and chilled side by side chatting.
I'm doing ok. My mood is fairly stable and I'm still working on trying to stop my flashbacks.
I'm coping with life fairly ok and its bearable. It's as good as it's been in a long time.

Suzi
13-06-21, 08:57 PM
It's really tough when you hate the management.... Hope it goes OK for him tomorrow...
Did you hike to get somewhere different for your picnic?
So glad you're doing ok - how's it going with the flashbacks?
You sound positive!

Strugglingmum
13-06-21, 09:27 PM
We parked near a beach and had our picnic there but then we walked out across the headland for a bit and just sat and enjoyed the views and the peace and quiet. It was lovely.

I'm still quite bothered with flashbacks. My next psychology appointment is face to face so we can try work on some of it.

Paula
13-06-21, 10:06 PM
It sounds heavenly, I’m so glad you enjoyed your day :)

Suzi
14-06-21, 08:04 AM
I saw the pics of you and A on FB, looks like a lovely picnic spot!

Sorry about the flashbacks... Are they following a pattern? Triggers?

Strugglingmum
14-06-21, 09:13 AM
They have never seemed to follow a pattern. They used to be a lot more frequent than now. They definitely are better than they were and some I dont experience any more. I have a couple that still happen fairly regularly and are quite distressing.

Paula
14-06-21, 09:35 AM
(panda)

Suzi
14-06-21, 11:31 AM
I'm so glad that even one or two are lessening for you. I wish the others would disappear for you to.

Strugglingmum
16-06-21, 05:04 PM
Today we celebrate being parents for 23 years. Our eldest has his birthday and we celebrate the life of the one who was an only child for a time. Love him to bits.

Suzi
16-06-21, 05:46 PM
Happy birthday to D! Hope he's having a wonderful day!
Congratulations on being a parent for 23 years!

Flo
18-06-21, 07:38 AM
Belated birthday wishes for D....that's such a milestone in all of your lives.(bear)

Strugglingmum
19-06-21, 09:41 AM
Been a bit of a quiet week yet I'm tired today. I could have lay on, although I was later in bed than usual.
Anyway, one coffee in, maybe a second one will help ;)
I'm supposed to be pottering in the garden today. My veg are doing well so far but I've a few things to plant up. I'm also helping move a sofa for a friend (new van proving useful) around lunchtime so I'll get the day in rightly.
Feeling a bit meh so hopefully being busy will help. I just need the prod to get started.

Stella180
19-06-21, 10:26 AM
*gently prods SM in the right direction*

Suzi
19-06-21, 10:44 AM
Do you know if there is a trigger to the meh?
Be careful moving the sofa :)

Are you doing anything nice to be positive for you this weekend?

Strugglingmum
19-06-21, 02:28 PM
Sofamoved and some laundry done. On the sofa in front of the telly. Need prodded with a cattle prod towards the garden!!

Suzi
19-06-21, 03:23 PM
Sounds like you need to be feet up crochet hook in hand and in front of the telly with someone fanning you and someone else feeding you grapes!

Strugglingmum
19-06-21, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you need to be feet up crochet hook in hand and in front of the telly with someone fanning you and someone else feeding you grapes!

(rofl)
I wish. All wee garden jobs done and A bought us a chippy for tea as it was only the 2 of us.
He is now cutting the grass while I have my feet up with a cat on my knee.

Suzi
19-06-21, 10:27 PM
Sounds the right way for things to be!

Strugglingmum
20-06-21, 08:19 PM
Been a tough day but I'm focusing on being thankful for the father of my 3 kids. I made his favourite food and enjoyed looking after him. X

Suzi
20-06-21, 09:28 PM
I've other friends who find today difficult for similar reasons to you and they too focus on the father of their children rather than "the waste of space" as one of my friends refers to hers....

Glad you got to spoil A.

Strugglingmum
26-06-21, 12:30 PM
I've had a busy week so today is definitely a crochet and movie day.

Suzi
26-06-21, 05:06 PM
What movies are you watching? Well done for having a pacing day!

Strugglingmum
26-06-21, 06:40 PM
Watched Luca on Disney plus. Now binge watching NCIS.
One order completed. Another one I need to finish tonight.
All the crochet is done, I just need to do a lot of sewing.

Suzi
26-06-21, 06:55 PM
Well done lovely! Sounds busy with lots of orders!

Strugglingmum
29-06-21, 09:24 PM
Struggling a wee bit this week.
I think its disrupted sleep causing it. I dont know whether it's the heat or menopause flushes but my sleep is definitely not as good as it could be.

Paula
29-06-21, 09:52 PM
(panda) are you being kind to yourself during the day?

Suzi
30-06-21, 08:52 AM
Could it be that you've been doing too much with running the kids evenings too?

Strugglingmum
30-06-21, 04:54 PM
Kids club was only for a week so all finished last Friday. I've been being very good all week . Today has been cooler here for a bit so I took an extra nap this morning too.

Suzi
30-06-21, 05:34 PM
You seemed to enjoy the kids club...
I'm glad you're pacing and resting. How's psychology going?

Strugglingmum
01-07-21, 12:26 PM
I have an appointment next week. Back to phone appointments but that is ok.
I'm looking forward to my swim today.

Suzi
01-07-21, 12:28 PM
Hope you enjoy your swim lovely. Are you managing with the phone appointments?

Paula
01-07-21, 01:44 PM
How was the swim? Is it still helping you cope?

Strugglingmum
01-07-21, 11:03 PM
My swim was good . I just kept swimming until I took a bad cramp in my foot and had to stop. 86 lengths today and yes it still helps me a lot.
I got a good bit of crochet done too.
The phone appointments aren't ideal but tbh it was strange being in the same room as my psychologist last time. We can only do face to face if we are going to do work on my flashbacks and I dont want to at the moment.

Paula
02-07-21, 08:43 AM
What’s your plans for today?

Suzi
02-07-21, 09:01 AM
Why don't you want to work on the flashbacks right now?

I'm glad the swimming is helping lovely.

Flo
02-07-21, 11:39 AM
86 lengths??!!!!...that's phenomenal!! How long is the pool? You must be exhausted! But I'm really pleased that you're back swimming because I know how much it helps you, and you enjoy it so much.(bear)

Strugglingmum
02-07-21, 01:53 PM
Thanks Flo. It's a standard 25metre pool.
Today I'm lazy and crocheting.....just finished an order. Another one to do.
A is playing golf later so I'm going to have to amuse myself. I really should go for a walk but not much motivation

Suzi
02-07-21, 04:12 PM
Lazy? I don't think you're ever lazy! You seem to be doing well with the orders for your crochet.
Did you manage a walk?

Strugglingmum
03-07-21, 09:48 PM
Didnt walk yesterday but did today. Took Katie out but took a bit of a push.
Otherwise all quiet which is ok.
Relaxing and lots of crochet. Finished my orders and just playing with some leftover yarn

Suzi
04-07-21, 11:32 AM
Do you know why going out for a walk is taking a push atm?
When are you swimming next?
Are you seeing your psychologist this week?

Strugglingmum
04-07-21, 03:02 PM
I'll swim tomorrow afternoon
I have a psychology appointment on Wednesday
I dont know, I'm quite content to sit , watch tv and crochet. Maybe just a lazy head on me at the moment

It's my bestie's mums birthday today, 70!!
I'm heading up later for a bit of a party. Its lasting for a few hours but we are all calling spaced out to adhere to restrictions and not all congregate together.
Was at church this morning so I think crochet in between (grin)

Paula
04-07-21, 04:25 PM
It’s not lazy, it’s self care!

Suzi
04-07-21, 05:06 PM
Lazy? I don't think you know how to be lazy!

Strugglingmum
05-07-21, 09:39 PM
Had a lovely swim today and my zoom class too.
Over here we are coming up to holiday season, called the July fortnight. Traditionally a lot of places closed down for the 2 weeks.
The building trade still seems to mostly take it so my daughter will be off for 2 weeks and A will get a couple of days over the 12th. The centre I attend will close on Friday for 2 weeks too so hopefully I'll have some adventures.

Suzi
06-07-21, 08:17 AM
Places shuts down for a whole fortnight? That seems more like how things used to be over Christmas when I was little! Now we don't seem to be able to go a day without needing shops etc...
Will you and Io go off on adventures?

Strugglingmum
06-07-21, 09:42 AM
Not as widespread now as years ago. My brother closes his bakery for the 2 weeks and a lot of building stops but shops and factories etc tend to stay open now. I actually am always relieved to see the back of the twelfth. Any country parades tend to be family days and an enjoyable day out for both sides of our community but the Belfast parades tend to be troublesome and cause tensions to rise.
I also hate the bonfires on the 11th night..... yes they are as traditional as Guy Fawkes etc but I hate to see all that wood burning and the pollution it causes...especially if idiots throw tires on the fire which has always been a huge issue in Belfast.
It's your own friends and family you are poisoning......idiots!!

Paula
06-07-21, 09:49 AM
How are you doing, love?

Suzi
06-07-21, 10:17 AM
I still can't believe your brother has a bakery and you aren't the size of a house!

Strugglingmum
06-07-21, 12:51 PM
How are you doing, love?

I'm doing ok. I'm sleeping a bit better which always helps.
There is always a direct correlation between my sleep and my mood.
I'm thinking I may need to revisit my decision not to use HRT as the hot flushes and night sweats have been really bad..... but there again it's been hot so maybe could just be that making it seem worse.
I was at the centre this morning and heading for a swim shortly so looking forward to the cool water!!

Suzi
06-07-21, 06:22 PM
How was it at the centre and your swim?

Why did you decide against HRT?

Strugglingmum
06-07-21, 10:45 PM
Swim is always good.......a happy place for me.

I tried HRT about 2 yes ago. I felt that I was really bad tempered and grumpy with it...like rip someone's head off grumpy.
Of course I was also quite unwell mentally at the time and maybe just the combination wasnt great at the time but it definitely made me feel worse.
I feel like I'm just getting my life back and I confess I am really scared to try again in case it knocks me off balance. I have worked so hard at recovery that I dont want anything to jeopardise it.

Suzi
07-07-21, 08:29 AM
I can understand that. Is it something that you can talk over with your medical team?

What are you up to today?

Strugglingmum
07-07-21, 09:39 AM
Today I have a zoom class at 11 and a psychology appointment at 2pm.
I'm going to take Katie for a walk now before it gets too hot and later I need to go food shopping.
I'm sure crochet will feature in somewhere ;)

Paula
07-07-21, 10:05 AM
Will you have time to process psychology?

Strugglingmum
07-07-21, 11:00 AM
Yes I'll make time. It's all going ok anyway.
So so hot after our walk.

Suzi
07-07-21, 03:23 PM
It's been pouring here!
Hope psychology went well lovely.

Strugglingmum
07-07-21, 10:56 PM
It's been pouring here!

Gosh yet another hot day here. I would love some rain tbh to cool the air.
I bought a fan tonight while doing the shopping. Its fab!!

Had a good chat with A tonight about where my head is at etc and the things that are making me anxious atm. It was good to talk things through. Psychology went ok but I do have a lot to work at and think about.

Paula
07-07-21, 11:40 PM
I’m glad you talked to A :)

Suzi
08-07-21, 09:09 AM
I'm so glad you talked to A. You guys are a team, let him help support you. You know you'd want to know if roles were reversed..

Anything we can help with re psychology?

Strugglingmum
08-07-21, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys.
@Suzi...... it's more a case of... I just still have a lot of work to do to break the habits of my default thinking. During yesterday's session it just showed as I talked that my default settings are still there, just a bit harder to pick up on...but still there.

Suzi
08-07-21, 07:12 PM
I can understand that....

Strugglingmum
10-07-21, 05:29 PM
Sooooooooo........ I did a thing!!

Today I filled in 2 application forms.
Same job but in 2 different locations.
Its terrifying and exciting all at the same time.
I'm very much looking at it as a ......... I'm simply filling in a form. I'm not even thinking beyond that.
And breatheeeeeeeeeee.

Stella180
10-07-21, 05:42 PM
Filling out forms can be tough so yay! Go you! What is the job you’ve applied for?

Paula
10-07-21, 05:46 PM
Wow!!!

Strugglingmum
10-07-21, 06:31 PM
Filling out forms can be tough so yay! Go you! What is the job you’ve applied for?

Yip. We had an Indian just to celebrate me filling in the forms!!
It's for Peer Mental health Support worker.
Sounds a lovely post.

Stella180
10-07-21, 06:36 PM
Wow! That does sound good.

Paula
10-07-21, 06:37 PM
Sounds fab! You’d be awesome at it

Jaquaia
10-07-21, 06:49 PM
Awesome!!! Paula's right, you'd be fab at it!

Strugglingmum
10-07-21, 07:26 PM
Thank you all. Trying to stay calm about it all, but yes I think I would love it....... that being said there are probably a lot of other people who would love it and be perfect for it too.

Suzi
10-07-21, 09:52 PM
I'm so proud of you for doing this! You'd be amazing!

Strugglingmum
10-07-21, 10:33 PM
I'm so proud of you for doing this! You'd be amazing!

Thanks for encouraging me to do it. X

Suzi
11-07-21, 09:59 AM
Any time! :)

Has it sunk in that you've done it yet?

Strugglingmum
11-07-21, 08:53 PM
Any time! :)

Has it sunk in that you've done it yet?

No not really although I am feeling calmer about it today

Suzi
11-07-21, 08:59 PM
I'm really proud of you!

Strugglingmum
12-07-21, 12:15 PM
Today is a public holiday here so a lovely lazy day. A and I went down into the village to see Io play the bagpipes in her band. It was lovely to see the band out again, first time since Covid. Cant wait til competitions are allowed to start up again.
Planning an afternoon pottering in the garden

Paula
12-07-21, 03:17 PM
Sounds fun!

Suzi
12-07-21, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a fab day!

Strugglingmum
13-07-21, 10:39 AM
Still a public holiday here today for a lot of places so we are planning a day to the North Coast.... my happy place.
However we have had to start the day with an emergency Orthodontist appointment as Io broke her brace quite badly...ie she cant eat and its cutting her mouth. It's due off for good next week so I'm not sure what her dr will do but thankfully he fit her in today.
Then home again and get ready for off.
Looking forward to a beach walk and a paddle in the North Atlantic. A has promised us a meal out too and I'm pretty sure icecream will be invested in too.
Have a good day everyone

Paula
13-07-21, 12:45 PM
Oh no! How is she?

Suzi
13-07-21, 01:03 PM
Hope that she's OK. That sounds horrible!

The rest of your day sounds fantastic! Have a great time and go for a paddle for me?

Strugglingmum
13-07-21, 06:45 PM
Io is grand. He removed the broken part, wondered how she bit through stainless steel, and made it safe until it comes off next week.

We are having a lovely day. Beach, a few shops, meal out and icecream. Heading for another beach walk before home.

Suzi
13-07-21, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a lovely day! So glad all is OK with Io!

Strugglingmum
16-07-21, 09:18 PM
Does anyone else find the heat affects their mood?
I am not sleeping well with the heatwave we have had now for a couple of weeks.
My mood is a bit all over the place.
A bought me a fan today to put in the bedroom to see if it helps.
I know sleep is a huge factor for me and my mental health so I'm trying to do what I can to sort it.

Paula
16-07-21, 09:19 PM
Yes, yes, yes. Doesn’t help that my pain increases….

Suzi
16-07-21, 10:39 PM
And me... I have ceiling fans in my living room and our bedroom, but I also have a fan directly at my face too because I can't control my own temperature. This weather is horrific for me and if I don't keep a close eye on it I can get really dehydrated and have got heat stroke before....

Well done for trying to sort it. I also find my weighted blanket helps to regulate my temp a bit more too - currently I just have it on my feet lol but the glass beads in it absorb my heat and wick it away. It's magic.

Strugglingmum
17-07-21, 01:18 PM
Wow I thought a weighted blanket would be worse. That's very interesting to know. Io has one so I might try it.
The fan did help a bit last night once I got used to the noise of it and i slept a bit better
Could someone please do a rain dance!!!

Suzi
17-07-21, 03:44 PM
Our weather is so weird! Earlier this week we had rains of bibilical proportions, at one stage we were almost flooding (those further round my crescent did flood badly) then the most amazing heat wave! I wish it'd make up it's mind! I'm really not enjoying the heat!

Strugglingmum
17-07-21, 05:00 PM
We have had no rain for a couple of weeks. Our grass is scorched but we are on a hosepipe ban.

In other news our kittens are going to their new homes this evening.
I'm glad to see them go to good homes.
Mummy is going to get spayed in the next couple of weeks. She is a great wee mum but we dont need or want anymore kittens.

Stella180
17-07-21, 05:19 PM
I saw it was 32 degrees today over your way. . That’s ridiculously hot. The temp in the car earlier was reading at 29 and that was bad enough. Hope you are staying hydrated.

Strugglingmum
17-07-21, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry but I just dont understand these people I see out running, cycling, speedwalking in the hottest time of the day. I'm crawling to the coolest place I could find today it was the pool. It was even worth having to get into the car for.

Suzi
17-07-21, 08:57 PM
I completely agree! The worst for me is when I see people walking dogs out in the heat!

Strugglingmum
17-07-21, 10:26 PM
I hate seeing that Suzi. Poor dogs getting heat stroke or burnt paws.
Our Katie doesn't like the heat at all. Other than taking her to the beach for a dip we haven't had her out until 10pm each day and even then just a short walk to stretch her legs a bit.

Kittens have gone to their new homes. Have to say while I am an animal lover I'm glad to see them go. Looking after them was stressing me out.

Paula
17-07-21, 11:36 PM
I bet, I only had one kitten to look after, and not all day, and I was exhausted!

Suzi
18-07-21, 11:51 AM
Kittens are exhausting to look after! So glad they've gone to good homes!

How are you today?

Strugglingmum
18-07-21, 02:49 PM
Definitely sleeping better with the fan. Still not wonderful but better.
We were at church this morning but tbh I'm just too hot for anything.
I feel guilty for wasting time, wasting the good weather etc by sitting inside doing nothing but the heat is draining

I cant crochet as it's too warm so I'm going to curl up somewhere cool with a book and try and not feel guilty

Suzi
18-07-21, 05:13 PM
Definitely nothing to feel guilty for as far as I can see!

Paula
18-07-21, 06:32 PM
Heat is very draining, you definitely did the right thing today

Strugglingmum
19-07-21, 01:07 PM
Took C to work and then had a psychology appointment at 9am.
Io and I had breakfast together outside when I came back.
We have done so much chatting this morning its lovely
Did a couple of wee jobs and then we mixed up and stuck a lemon drizzle cake in the oven while we eat lunch.
A real relaxed day.
I am going for a swim this afternoon and then picking C up from work.

I definitely feel more relaxed and at peace after psychology.

Paula
19-07-21, 02:13 PM
That’s so good to hear :)

Suzi
19-07-21, 02:53 PM
Psychology really does seem to be good for you love. I'm so glad you're pacing. Sounds like you're having lovely time with Io!

Strugglingmum
21-07-21, 11:46 PM
Spent a lovely evening in the sea with Io, C and his girlfriend. We took the paddle board out and just enjoyed a bit of fun.
It was lovely and cooling.

OldMike
22-07-21, 08:59 AM
Sounds like fun :)

Suzi
22-07-21, 10:57 AM
The pics on FB look amazing! Looked like loads of fun!

How are you today lovely?

Paula
22-07-21, 11:12 AM
It does look fun :)

Strugglingmum
22-07-21, 04:59 PM
Today I have done lots of running about with errands and I'm overheated (sweat)
We are hopefully getting some rain in the next few days and I'm glad. The grass Is brown, the trees are losing their leaves and my poor Katie is struggling with the heat.

My lovely Io reached a milestone. After oral surgery, baby teeth removal, major teeth realignment and 2 years of braces today they came off. She always was beautiful but to see her with lovely straight teeth with no wires is amazing, especially knowing how much she has endured to get there.
Her Orthodontist was not going to try and save her canines originally and was going to just get everything removed but I asked him to try as he had managed difficult work with my eldest. She had category 5 deformity. It was a longer journey but she has a full set of teeth with no gaps and she cant stop smiling at herself in the mirror. What a boost to a 19yr old's confidence to feel she can smile and not be embarrassed by her teeth or wires. So happy to see her happy.
After years of no confidence, GAD, sh and so much crap she is truly blossoming and thriving. It gives me joy to see her and a kick to keep working at my own recovery.

Suzi
22-07-21, 06:31 PM
Well done for getting stuff done, but I hope you're sitting in the cool and rehydrating...

So pleased for IO! Well done baby!

Strugglingmum
22-07-21, 10:13 PM
Took Io and her friend to the sea this evening for more paddle Boarding. Lovely and cooling

Stella180
22-07-21, 10:49 PM
I’m a bit envious. I’m not really a water baby but I need to spend sometime in or around the water pretty soon.

Strugglingmum
23-07-21, 12:18 AM
We are very blessed living so close to so many beaches. A sea lough on one side and the Irish sea on the other.

Paula
23-07-21, 09:06 AM
You do seem to live in the most stunning area! Not jealous at all lol ;)

Suzi
23-07-21, 10:16 AM

Stella180
23-07-21, 10:37 AM
You do seem to live in the most stunning area! Not jealous at all lol ;)

I get a feeling someone is telling porkie pies.

Paula
23-07-21, 11:10 AM
Wow! that stung (giggle)

Strugglingmum
23-07-21, 12:27 PM

Easy day.
I have a few different kids programmes coming up so I have been crafting things for it.
Sitting outside cutting card and painting it..... pretty relaxing morning
Have made Io and I our fav meal for lunch... salmon and rice. I will miss her when she goes back to work next week

Stella180
23-07-21, 12:45 PM
Yeah but it sounds like you’ve had a fabulous time together and these memories will keep you smiling for a while.

Strugglingmum
23-07-21, 01:41 PM
Yip absolutely.
Plenty more to make over the weekend too I'm sure

Suzi
23-07-21, 02:52 PM
So glad you're spending such great quality time with Io!

Strugglingmum
25-07-21, 09:17 PM
If Carlsberg did Sundays......
Church this morning, huge catch up with pals after, afternoon nap and an evening on the beach.
Now feet up, telly on and sausage sandwiches.
It's been a good day. Family, friends, faith. X

Paula
25-07-21, 11:07 PM
Perfect :)

Suzi
26-07-21, 10:24 AM
Sounds like an amazing day! Hope today is a good one lovely.

Strugglingmum
29-07-21, 08:21 PM
Today I am heartbroken.
My friends little baby was born prematurely 12 days ago. She had complications as well as being tiny.
Last night she passed away, they held their little miracle baby for the last time.
They are broken and my heart aches for them. Life really stinks sometimes. A loving young couple with so much love to give to their precious little girl.

Paula
29-07-21, 08:52 PM
I am so so sorry, love (panda). I know how devastating a loss like that is. Much love to them, and you

Suzi
29-07-21, 09:37 PM
There just aren't words. I'm so very sorry, tragedy like that is so hard to bear. I know that you'll do all you can to help comfort and support them over the next while.... Massive hugs..

Strugglingmum
31-07-21, 10:08 AM
I've just had to drop my eldest off at A&E. It's so hard not to be able to go in with him. ..... still my baby

Paula
31-07-21, 10:49 AM
Is he ok? What happened?

Strugglingmum
31-07-21, 10:57 AM
? Appendicitis
He's had sharp right sided abdominal pain since last night. Phoned the doctor this morning as didnt went to go straight to A&E as we are being told to ease the pressure on our emergency departments as they are so under pressure (our Covid numbers are the highest in uk at the moment) .
Anyway the dr wouldn't see him, just said go straight to A&E as it could be appendicitis, he's at an age where it is high risk.
I said, it also could be s bad case of trapped wind but she just said hospital.
He has let me know he's through triage and has had bloods done so just waiting

Allalone
31-07-21, 11:28 AM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
31-07-21, 12:07 PM
Awaiting to see the surgeon. They think its definitely a ruptured appendix

Angie
31-07-21, 12:21 PM
Oh sweetheart huge hugs xx

Paula
31-07-21, 02:12 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
31-07-21, 05:34 PM
Cant believe he is still waiting to be seen by a surgeon.
I am frustrated not being there.

Suzi
31-07-21, 08:28 PM
Oh no! What a horrible thing to be happening, especially whilst you can't be with him. I hope he's been seen by now...

Strugglingmum
31-07-21, 09:05 PM
He has been seen by surgeon and is waiting for surgery, hopefully at some stage overnight.
I left a bag up for him but I wasnt allowed in to see him, I just had to leave it.

Paula
31-07-21, 09:33 PM
Oh hunni, I’m sorry, that really sucks :(

Suzi
31-07-21, 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry love... Saying prayers for you and him tonight...

Strugglingmum
01-08-21, 08:35 PM
Just saw my son (party)
He is in a gown ready to go down to theater in the next half hour ( hopefully)
Was so good to give him a hug and get to see him for 5 minutes.

Jaquaia
01-08-21, 08:58 PM
So glad you got to see him. Thinking of you (panda)

Paula
01-08-21, 08:59 PM
Much love, hunni

Suzi
01-08-21, 09:18 PM
So glad you got to see him and he's being helped. Hopefully he'll be much better by the morning.

Allalone
01-08-21, 10:21 PM
Sending big hugs. (bear)
(panda)

Strugglingmum
02-08-21, 07:42 AM
Surgery all over. I'm hoping to get him home later today.
Thank you all for you kind thoughts. Xx

Paula
02-08-21, 08:44 AM
Today? Wow! It’s amazing what the surgeons can do nowadays! I’m so pleased for you all. Are you being kind to you? (panda)

Suzi
02-08-21, 09:56 AM
Wow, that's amazingly quick - but I expect they want everyone out of hospital asap esp if there are lots of covid cases...
Mind you, he's going home to you who will nurse him back to health.

Allalone
02-08-21, 10:47 AM
That’s great news!

I can’t believe he’ll be home today, I was in hospital for over a week when my appendix ruptured. That was over 30 years ago though!

Strugglingmum
02-08-21, 06:01 PM
He got home this afternoon. He is very tired and sore but better in his own bed.

I am exhausted, after a fraught weekend today was the first day of our kids day camps that I help organise and run.
Anyway, first day over which was hard as I was trying to stay in touch with the hospital and organise the camp at the same time.
Tomorrow will be easier.

Paula
02-08-21, 06:23 PM
Well done, lovely. And I’m so glad he’s home :)

Stella180
02-08-21, 07:21 PM
He’s got the perfect person to help nurse him back to health.

Suzi
02-08-21, 08:59 PM
I'm amazed that he's home so fast, but also so relieved for you! It's always better when they are at home with you to recover.

Can you try to pace as much as possible? Are you getting any help from everyone else to do food etc around the house?

Strugglingmum
02-08-21, 10:50 PM
Everyone else is working but we are all pitching in as much as possible.

Suzi
03-08-21, 07:49 AM
Glad that everyone pitches in love. Did you get to rest at all last night?
Are you running the kids club every day this week? - I must say, I think it sounds fantastic and an amazingly low price for a summer kids club!

Strugglingmum
03-08-21, 01:01 PM
I was in bed before 10 and got a good sleep.
Camps every day this week. I'm tired but A is cooking dinner tonight.

Suzi
03-08-21, 02:26 PM
Glad you got a good night sleep. How's Daniel today?
How did camp go today?
Hooray for A cooking!!

Strugglingmum
07-08-21, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone.
Hope you are all doing ok.
Sorry I have been very much missing in action this week but it has been a manic week.
My son is doing much better since his surgery and hopes to go back to work to do light duties on Monday, I think it's too soon but he is stubborn so he will have to find out for himself!
Other than that I have just been completely immersed in camp for the week.
It was great fun and I had a great time but I am tired and I didnt get a chance to swim all week so hoping to do that today along with catching up on housework.

Paula
07-08-21, 10:48 AM
You looked like you’re having a great time!

I’m so glad D is on the mend, I can only imagine how stressed this last week has been. Swimming sounds like a great idea

Suzi
07-08-21, 12:18 PM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed running camp. I agree with Paula, the photos I've seen look like lots of fun!
All you can do is advise Daniel, it's great he's feeling better lol. Stubbornness and male pride are always great for them deciding things like this too soon. As you said, he'll have to find out for himself lol

How are you doing without going swimming this week?

Strugglingmum
07-08-21, 04:25 PM
Soooooo, I did housework all morning, laundry, ironing etc ate lunch and sat down to let my body digest it before going swimming annnnndddddd fell asleep. No swim but I must have needed the sleep.

Suzi, my head is really needing the swim as much as my body. I'll maybe go tomorrow after church. I'm a bit wound up and need to relax my head down out of camp mode. My mood is ok but just tired and a bit aggitated.

Suzi
07-08-21, 04:32 PM
You really must have needed the sleep. I'm glad you listened to your body and allowed yourself to sit and sleep.

Anything you want to talk about?

Strugglingmum
07-08-21, 04:37 PM
There is nothing particularly. My brain has just been on hyper drive and needs to slow down.
I need to stretch my body and burn off a bit of the agitation. I was just thinking of a walk but we currently are having torrential rain!!!

Suzi
07-08-21, 07:43 PM
Either heatwave or torrential rain? We're having showers like that too... It's great that you're aware of it and know what you need to do to help yourself. I'm really proud of you.

Strugglingmum
09-08-21, 12:00 PM
I have tbh and say I'm struggling a bit over the weekend and today.
I know it's a come down from camp and tiredness and the change in pace.
I did my zoom class this morning and I'm planning a swim but I am really fighting negative thoughts today and struggling to challenge them.
Hoping the swim will help. I'm also struggling to feel connected so I am going to try reach out to a friend for a coffee date over the next couple of days. I know I need to push myself or I will shut down and isolate and that's no help either.
Knowing what you need to do is one thing. Sometimes forcing yourself to do it is the hardest thing

Paula
09-08-21, 12:57 PM
It is, but you’re strong and you know what you need to do. Well done for making plans for self care (panda)

Suzi
09-08-21, 03:04 PM
Paula's right, you know what you need to do to stop yourself from free falling. You can do this. I'm so proud of you for recognising and talking about how you are feeling and how it's affecting you. Did you get your swim?

Strugglingmum
09-08-21, 09:38 PM
Swim was good. A lot calmer but a bit flat.
Coffee date with a pal organised for Wednesday.

Suzi
10-08-21, 08:49 AM
Well done on the swim.

I'm glad you've organised coffee lovely. Are you doing anything nice today?

Strugglingmum
10-08-21, 11:26 AM
I'll probably swim this afternoon. This morning the plan was to catch up on some overdue correspondence. Have yet to start though.

Suzi
10-08-21, 06:31 PM
Hey hunni, how did your day go?

Strugglingmum
10-08-21, 09:12 PM
I got a couple of letters sorted and posted. No swim, ended up going to visit a couple of church friends instead.
Was good to talk to them.

Suzi
10-08-21, 09:29 PM
Glad you did something good for the soul talking to friends love....

Paula
10-08-21, 09:48 PM
You planning a swim tomorrow?

Flo
11-08-21, 07:41 AM
It's good to talk to friends...I've missed it but am having a couple for coffee hopefully next week. Hope you get to swim today.xxx

Strugglingmum
11-08-21, 12:18 PM
So I'm putting his here so I can be held accountable. I need to swim but I'm struggling with motivation to leave the house so I am declaring that I will swim this afternoon.
My friend cancelled our coffee date this morning as her aunt is waiting results of her Covid test. Hope she is ok. X

Suzi
11-08-21, 03:28 PM
Oh no! Hope the covid results come back clear...

Have you been out for a swim?

Strugglingmum
11-08-21, 03:30 PM
So I was ready bag packed and motivation up. My stomach is now playing up and I'm scared to leave the house. Sorry if that's Tim
Not feeling great at all.

Suzi
11-08-21, 03:51 PM
Oh love! Is that anxiety triggered? Staying in isn't a failure love if you're feeling rough.

Paula
11-08-21, 04:59 PM
(panda)

Strugglingmum
14-08-21, 04:54 PM
Feeling productive today. Cleaned out the fridge and defrosted the freezer. Been for a swim and did the weekly shop.
Got some laundry done too.
Feet up now hoping the fairies will put it all away while I have a cuppa.... some hope!! Home alone. ;)

Allalone
14-08-21, 05:29 PM
Enjoy your cuppa!

Suzi
14-08-21, 09:19 PM
Wow, you have been busy!
How was the cuppa?

Did you get some rest? How are your thoughts love?

Strugglingmum
14-08-21, 11:58 PM
I spent the evening doing a jigsaw and watching a bit of telly.
Today was a better day and my thoughts were ok.

Suzi
15-08-21, 10:01 AM
Glad yesterday was better! How was your jigsaw?

Strugglingmum
15-08-21, 10:24 PM
Finished a lovely kitten jigsaw.
Another good day. Church this morning and tonight, a lovely dinner and lots of laughs with the family.
Also got some crochet done. Feeling happy.

Suzi
16-08-21, 09:36 AM
That sounds like a lovely day! Hope today is just as positive for you!

Strugglingmum
16-08-21, 10:12 AM
Psychology appointment done.
A little bit of ironing then my zoom class. Lunch and then a swim.
Feeling more at peace than over past couple of weeks.

Paula
16-08-21, 10:29 AM
(happy)

Flo
16-08-21, 10:30 AM
Really pleased you're feeling better and happy. What a lovely day you had yesterday....don't know the last time my iron came out of it's box. Lots of people enjoy ironing though.....I iron shirts on the rare occasions that hubby wears one.....about twice a year! Have a good day love.

Suzi
16-08-21, 10:58 AM

Eww, ironing!

Strugglingmum
16-08-21, 11:50 AM
Really pleased you're feeling better and happy. What a lovely day you had yesterday....don't know the last time my iron came out of it's box. Lots of people enjoy ironing though.....I iron shirts on the rare occasions that hubby wears one.....about twice a year! Have a good day love.

I dont really like ironing but needs must. I dont have a tumble dryer so all my laundry tends to need a bit of smoothing.
Once I get started it's ok. I listen to music or watch a video or something while I do it. Makes the time pass a bit easier..... but if anyone offers to do it for me I'm not going to say no!!!!

Suzi
16-08-21, 12:29 PM
(rofl) Once I get started I can do it, but I do have a tumble drier ;)

How are your thoughts today love?

Strugglingmum
16-08-21, 03:59 PM
Thoughts are ok. I actually had flashback in the middle of psychology appointment today but I fought it off and picked up and moved on with my day as planned. Just out from my swim and waiting for my son to come out of work to take him home with me.

Suzi
16-08-21, 05:12 PM
I'm so proud of you! Were you able to talk to your psychologist about it?

Strugglingmum
16-08-21, 06:40 PM
Yes she was aware it happened and we acknowledged it but I didnt feel the need to completely go in to it. It's a repetitive one and we have talked it through. I really just wanted to be able to leave it there and move on to the nice things I had planned and not let it pull me down into a place that disrupted my life more. Itms

Suzi
16-08-21, 09:16 PM
Makes perfect sense to me...

Paula
16-08-21, 10:36 PM
Yes she was aware it happened and we acknowledged it but I didnt feel the need to completely go in to it. It's a repetitive one and we have talked it through. I really just wanted to be able to leave it there and move on to the nice things I had planned and not let it pull me down into a place that disrupted my life more. Itms

That is such a huge post! I’m so proud of you :)

Strugglingmum
17-08-21, 09:38 AM
So excited.
We finally booked a wee holiday for next month.
Heading to Edinburgh for a few days in a 4* hotel with a swimming pool.
We booked the hotel, boat and train tickets last night.
It's our 25th Wedding Anniversary and I cant wait. I love Edinburgh but haven't been in a few years ..... and I still get to swim!!!! (giggle)

Suzi
17-08-21, 11:15 AM
Wow! That's really exciting! What a great way to celebrate such a milestone anniversary!

Paula
17-08-21, 11:19 AM
Ooooo lovely! I’ve always wanted to visit Edinburgh

Suzi
17-08-21, 03:48 PM
Me too!

Stella180
17-08-21, 05:19 PM
Scotland it a beautiful country so I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time in Edinburgh. I’m a bit jealous.

Strugglingmum
17-08-21, 06:13 PM
Edinburgh is a lovely old city. I love the old part of the city, cobbled streets etc but there is lots to do too.

Strugglingmum
31-08-21, 03:34 PM
Have had my feet up most of the afternoon but need to get some dinner underway!!
Took C to work this morning, had a psychology session, went for a swim and did the weekly food shop. Came home, put it away, had lunch and now I'm lazy.
Maybe a coffee will get me moving;)

Stella180
31-08-21, 03:35 PM
It’s not lazy, it’s self care. Al least that’s what everyone keeps telling me.

Paula
31-08-21, 03:49 PM
Definitely not lazy! I’m worn out just reading that!

Suzi
31-08-21, 04:20 PM
Sounds like you've done loads! Hope you're pacing a bit too.

Strugglingmum
31-08-21, 04:53 PM
The coffee did the trick!!!. Bolognese made and simmering away on the stove.

Suzi
31-08-21, 05:24 PM
Well done love!