PDA

View Full Version : Flo'ing Along

Pages : [1] 2 3

Flo
20-08-20, 09:09 AM
About time I had a new thread.

Paula
20-08-20, 09:11 AM
Immediately, my mind went to Bedknobs and Broomsticks :)

OldMike
20-08-20, 09:43 AM
Flo'ing along (giggle) love it :)

Strugglingmum
20-08-20, 10:31 AM
Fab thread name Flo. Made me smile

Suzi
20-08-20, 11:07 AM
Love the thread title!
Also love Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

Flo
20-08-20, 03:06 PM
Immediately, my mind went to Bedknobs and Broomsticks :)

Why Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Ooerr!

Stella180
20-08-20, 03:57 PM
Sing along folks...

https://youtu.be/ezenR3Cljyo

Useless piece of information this song was originally intended to feature in Mary Poppins.

Flo
20-08-20, 05:25 PM
Better change my name to Bob then!!!.....thank goodness it wasn't in Mary Poppins! Dick van Dyke did enough damage to the Queens English as it was!!....thanks for the video Stella...quite enjoyed it!

Paula
20-08-20, 06:18 PM
Love that song!

Sissy
21-08-20, 09:04 AM
Oh this thread has a wonderful Flo!

Strugglingmum
21-08-20, 10:31 AM
Oh this thread has a wonderful Flo!

(rofl)

Suzi
21-08-20, 11:40 AM
(rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

How are you doing Flo?

Flo
21-08-20, 01:38 PM
Fine thanks suzi....a bit bored, and the weather is windy and wet but not much I can do about that though! But jogging along...just eaten a very large fattening sarnie!! I'll have to change the thread to 'Overflo'!!(rofl)

Paula
21-08-20, 01:40 PM
(rofl)

Suzi
21-08-20, 02:25 PM
(rofl) (rofl)

magie06
21-08-20, 05:18 PM
(rofl)(rofl)

Strugglingmum
21-08-20, 07:15 PM
(rofl)

OldMike
22-08-20, 10:35 AM
Fine thanks suzi....a bit bored, and the weather is windy and wet but not much I can do about that though! But jogging along...just eaten a very large fattening sarnie!! I'll have to change the thread to 'Overflo'!!(rofl)

(rofl) Weather same here though not as windy as predicted, mmm fattening sarnies can't be beaten.

Suzi
22-08-20, 11:02 AM
How are you today gorgeous Flo?

Flo
22-08-20, 01:41 PM
How are you today gorgeous Flo?

Ok thanks suzi.....we've just come back from Axminster. We stopped off at a Courtyard cafe and had coffee and tea cakes! Then dropped into the fish shack at our favourite farm shop on the way back to buy some lemon soles. Done the washing etc., so now I'm slobbing on the settee and I'm going to watch a film for a bit...have a nice weekend suzi and everyone else!! XXX

Suzi
22-08-20, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a lovely day! :)

Flo
27-08-20, 11:27 AM
Just come back from Honiton to get a few essentials. It's absolutely tipping it down here. I went for a walk at 7am and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!!..Grrr......I'm going to settle down now and do a bit of knitting. Have a good day all....back later.

Paula
27-08-20, 04:38 PM
Sounds like a plan. I’m going to do my meds then bunker down for the rest of the day ;)

*hunker* :/

Suzi
27-08-20, 07:32 PM
Love that you are hunkering down for the storm! Hope you are staying safe down there...

Strugglingmum
28-08-20, 04:42 PM
I just wanted to drop by and tell you I think you are amazing. Your posts of advice, help and support offered today really touched me. Your strength and care for others struggling really shone through. I love your honesty and ability to be positive in all circumstances. Basically... you rock!!

Suzi
28-08-20, 05:03 PM
I completely agree!

Flo
28-08-20, 08:37 PM
Thank you for your kind words....I wouldn't have said anything to Shine had I not had experience on that subject....I feel for her. I do hope that if the need arises that she will seek help.

Well I think everyone here rocks.....SM, you have a lovely way with people too...as of course does Boss Lady!!...I'm going to bed now...speak tomorrow. Sweet dreams all....XXX

Suzi
28-08-20, 09:26 PM
Sleep well gorgeous. It's your openness and honesty about it that is so needed...

Flo
29-08-20, 06:06 AM
OK then I shall spill the beans!.....I've signed up for an OU course. Many years ago when my dad was alive I started a BA in Arts and Humanities, I was doing quite well and enjoying it when he became ill and I found that trying to study and looking after him difficult...I got close to finishing Level 1 when it became impossible so I had to stop the course. I've always wondered what would have happened if I'd continued. You'll all think I'm mad but I've enrolled again for the same course. I'm under no illusion that it will be easy - Jaq, you'll know what I mean as you're doing a degree course yourself! - It's going to be a slog, and being 67 I'm questioning if I'll have the brain power, but I'll certainly have the time!! The OU have told me that they have older people than me doing degrees which is comforting!
I haven't told anyone else for fear of being ridiculed...a lot of people will think I'm mad. I've got my text books which are lovely and in a nervous/excited way I'm looking forward to it. I guess I have something to prove after all of those years of drinking and missing out on that 'something' which would make my parents and myself proud...I had potential at school but messed around. So before I leave this earth I'm going to give it a damn good go. I need encouragement, confidence and a push, so maybe you guys can throw me some confidence along the way. (nod)

Strugglingmum
29-08-20, 09:13 AM
Well done Flo!! Super proud of you. (party)
With your determination and positivity I know you will make it through. Once you get back into the 'flow' studying again it will come back to you.
I love that you saw what you wanted and went for it. You are truly a go-getter!!
I'm a ditherer so I love and admire the 'up and at it' attitude in others.
Huge huge congratulations. X

Flo
29-08-20, 09:15 AM
Awwww...thanks SM....time will tell eh?

Jaquaia
29-08-20, 10:20 AM
Awesome Flo! You're amazing! I love studying with the OU, my tutors so far have been amazingly supportive.

Oh and just so you know, I did start a BA in Creative Writing at Hull Uni. I was the youngest on the course, the oldest was in her mid-70s. You're never too old for higher education!

OldMike
29-08-20, 10:21 AM
Wow Flo you're certainly a go getter more power to your elbow.

Suzi
29-08-20, 10:28 AM
I'm so proud of you! I don't think you are mad at all! I think that you should go for it and enjoy doing it at the same time! I'm so proud of you for doing something which you want to do! Oh and Marc's Nan was well into her 70s when she signed up for a course! If you want it then you'll do it!

Paula
29-08-20, 10:37 AM
I don’t think you’re mad at all! I adore learning new things and have been studying the majority of my adult life. You’re going to smash it, I’m sure :)

Flo
29-08-20, 12:14 PM
Wow! Thanks all of you for your encouragement....it means a lot! I shall give it my best shot! Oh, and Jaq you might find me bending your ear a bit regarding essays...it's a long time since I did one! Maybe there's life in the old dog yet eh? Watch this space.......

Jaquaia
29-08-20, 12:33 PM
That's absolutely fine! If your registration is complete, start exploring the library website. There are lots of resources on there that take you through essay writing and referencing and lots of other useful stuff.

Stella180
29-08-20, 01:29 PM
You’re a lot braver than me Flo. Maximum respect. I’m not much for academic studies, I’m a bit more of a practical person. Actually this has just reminded me, I never did hear back regarding the C&G construction skills course I did last year. Might have to chase that up.

Flo
29-08-20, 05:18 PM
That's absolutely fine! If your registration is complete, start exploring the library website. There are lots of resources on there that take you through essay writing and referencing and lots of other useful stuff.Everything has changed so much Jaq! Last time I did something like this TMA's were written...no Forums....no Adobe Connect!!..Aaagghhhh!! I've just completed their online Free... Being and OU Student and I'm almost cross-eyed!!...I shall look into their Library, they didn't have all of this 20 years ago! Thanks for your offer!

You’re a lot braver than me Flo. Maximum respect. I’m not much for academic studies, I’m a bit more of a practical person. Actually this has just reminded me, I never did hear back regarding the C&G construction skills course I did last year. Might have to chase that up.Darling Stella....there's a fine line between Bravery and Insanity..which one should I pick?(rofl) Yes off you go and chase up your C&G construction skills course .... a bit of a cheek not getting back to you.....go on another one to see you over the dark winter nights. I have a friend on another forum who's the same age as me and regrets bitterly that she didn't follow her dream of becoming...wait for it....a master mechanic working for an F1 team!!! She's 5ft and a fag end, with a waist the width of the dip in a Coke bottle and takes part in dressage competitions!! And she really meant the bit about being a mechanic. And why not?

Jaquaia
29-08-20, 05:38 PM
Everything has changed so much Jaq! Last time I did something like this TMA's were written...no Forums....no Adobe Connect!!..Aaagghhhh!! I've just completed their online Free... Being and OU Student and I'm almost cross-eyed!!...I shall look into their Library, they didn't have all of this 20 years ago! Thanks for your offer!

Familiarise yourself now with the library resources and it will make it so much easier for you when the module website opens. And make sure your computer is organised as it will make it easier to upload your TMA/EMA.

You'll be absolutely fine!

Sissy
29-08-20, 06:21 PM
Wowwww Flo! You are awesome and have so much courage! I wish I had the guts To try To uni. One Day... But I am so proud of you, so happy for you, and extremely exited To hear More about this!

Suzi
29-08-20, 06:43 PM
I think it's awesome! I think everyone should have a go at further education if it's a subject that interests them!

Flo
29-08-20, 07:04 PM
Familiarise yourself now with the library resources and it will make it so much easier for you when the module website opens. And make sure your computer is organised as it will make it easier to upload your TMA/EMA.

You'll be absolutely fine!God, I do hope so!(sweat)

Wowwww Flo! You are awesome and have so much courage! I wish I had the guts To try To uni. One Day... But I am so proud of you, so happy for you, and extremely exited To hear More about this!Thanks Sissy.....I'll give it a go! Are your new hens ok?

I think it's awesome! I think everyone should have a go at further education if it's a subject that interests them!The proof of the pudding suzi...I've been reading up on their computer guide and forums and my brain is literally addled...my eyes are like 2 pee holes in the snow!!..(rofl)

Jaquaia
29-08-20, 07:05 PM
You'll get a lot of help from the tutors and other students so don't worry. And don't forget, you only need a bare minimum of 40 to pass and level 1 doesn't count towards your final classification

Stella180
29-08-20, 08:28 PM
I have a friend on another forum who's the same age as me and regrets bitterly that she didn't follow her dream of becoming...wait for it....a master mechanic working for an F1 team!!!

I always wanted to be a mechanic but the course was so popular I couldn’t get on it. Two girls who did get places dropping out after a short period which annoyed me when I wanted it so badly. I did work in the motor trade for a few years in different roles but it just wasn’t the same. I’ve always been car mad and being around engines and grease made me happy. I’m too old and unfit to be crawling around under cars now but I used enjoy getting my hands dirty.

Suzi
29-08-20, 08:37 PM
You're going to be more than fine!

Flo
30-08-20, 05:59 AM
You're a fixer stella and I had a hunch you are good with mechanics! I can see you stripping down an engine or an appliance and putting everything back together 'just so'! Most people wouldn't have a clue!...me included.(rofl)

Flo
30-08-20, 06:04 AM
You'll get a lot of help from the tutors and other students so don't worry. And don't forget, you only need a bare minimum of 40 to pass and level 1 doesn't count towards your final classification

Thanks Jaq, that's good to know! It's navigating forums and sending TMA's and retrieving results etc. that's going to screw me, but like you say...I'll just have to have the courage to ask that's all. Your input is very much appreciated believe me!(y)

Sissy
30-08-20, 07:11 AM
Yes Flo, New Girls are getting along with the rwst of my flock pretty nicely. New feathers are coming slowly

Jaquaia
30-08-20, 09:39 AM
Thanks Jaq, that's good to know! It's navigating forums and sending TMA's and retrieving results etc. that's going to screw me, but like you say...I'll just have to have the courage to ask that's all. Your input is very much appreciated believe me!(y)

If it helps, I can talk you through submitting your first one when it's nearer the time.

Suzi
30-08-20, 10:14 AM
Morning lovely, hope today is a good one x

Flo
30-08-20, 06:09 PM
Yes Flo, New Girls are getting along with the rwst of my flock pretty nicely. New feathers are coming slowlyJolly good...I'm so pleased! Mine follow me around as if they're all in a daisy chain and attached to my leg!!(rofl)

If it helps, I can talk you through submitting your first one when it's nearer the time.Thanks Jaq, I don't want to offload my problems onto you but I'll really appreciate your help nearer that time...you're a star!

Morning lovely, hope today is a good one xYes thanks love....went to Seaton, place was full of people..had a quick coffee then left, can't cope with all that! Then got a bit of baking stuff from Lidl..place was empty! That's more my style!! Obviously I'm home now...decided I need an eye test. Lost my reading glasses (found them again) and used other ones and they gave me a headache. Think I need an update specially if I'm going to be reading a lot. Have a nice evening.xx

Suzi
30-08-20, 07:12 PM
Definitely get an eye test!
Glad it's been a good day lovely xx

Strugglingmum
30-08-20, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a good day.

OldMike
31-08-20, 09:16 AM
I can't do with crowds of people especial with the virus lurking, I'm forever losing stuff these days I'm sure I must have a poltergeist who moves stuff.

Flo
31-08-20, 04:45 PM
My problem Mike is, if this makes sense....I can be doing something physically but thinking ahead at the same time! Therefore I can't remember the physical thing I was doing! i.e.moved my glasses physically....but thinking of something else, so can't remember what I did with glasses. There's no hope for me I'm afraid!!(giggle)failing that I've got your poltergeist's brother!!

Sissy
01-09-20, 09:19 PM
I am startin To think the cousin of your poltergeists is living In my house. Always have my stuff In wrong places.

Well, To be serious. I do things and think something Else. And... Stupid things happen. Like I often find my wallet from the fridge, because after grocery shopping I unload all my shopping bags, and if my wallet was In those bags, To fridge it goes.

Stella180
01-09-20, 09:34 PM
I don’t have a poltergeist, I have cleaners. At least you don’t have to pay your poltergeist.

Flo
02-09-20, 06:11 AM
I am startin To think the cousin of your poltergeists is living In my house. Always have my stuff In wrong places.

Well, To be serious. I do things and think something Else. And... Stupid things happen. Like I often find my wallet from the fridge, because after grocery shopping I unload all my shopping bags, and if my wallet was In those bags, To fridge it goes.I do exactly the same thing sissy.....I find things in the weirdest places!

I don’t have a poltergeist, I have cleaners. At least you don’t have to pay your poltergeist.(rofl)(rofl)

Suzi
02-09-20, 09:29 AM
I always find I've put things in weird places. I put the marg in the (thankfully off) oven the other day and put the washing liquid in the cupboard with the squash.... We once lived in a house where all the t spoons and hair ties would go missing. We must have bought hundreds whilst we were living there - turns out the old woman who had lived in that house previously and since passed hated both....

Sorry Stella that made me (rofl) (rofl)

Whatcha up to today Flo?

Strugglingmum
02-09-20, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately I seem to be the only person in my house who can find anything!! The rest of them only have their eyes painted on.

Paula
02-09-20, 12:18 PM
(rofl) I love that phrase! Never heard before but I’m putting it on my fridge!

Suzi
02-09-20, 03:53 PM
It's the same in my house!

Flo
05-09-20, 06:02 AM
Why is there always a teaspoon lurking at the bottom of the washing up bowl??

Stella180
05-09-20, 08:07 AM
Same reason there is always an odd sock in the wash.

Suzi
05-09-20, 11:07 AM
In my humble and very experienced opinion there is ALWAYS one more spoon......... To be found just after you've put the dishwasher on.....

Flo
05-09-20, 11:51 AM
Same reason there is always an odd sock in the wash.Why do WM's eat socks??

In my humble and very experienced opinion there is ALWAYS one more spoon......... To be found just after you've put the dishwasher on........and then there's the mug sitting on the work top that you put into the DW...BUT some silly sod hasn't emptied it and half a pint of cold coffee or tea splats just about everywhere!!

Flo
05-09-20, 12:03 PM
Going totally off piste for a minute....has anyone been watching the series on BBC1 at 9pm Sundays called A Suitable Boy. Set in India in the early 50's about this young girl her mother is trying to arrange a marriage for? I've been recording it (series linked) but it wasn't on August 30th, or last Sunday! Can't see anything about it on Google....just wondering....

Stella180
05-09-20, 12:30 PM
Not seen it but heard about it. Sounds interesting but no idea why I it wasn’t on last weekend. Was there some kind of event that the BBC were covering???

Suzi
05-09-20, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen it, it's on my to watch list though ;)

Paula
05-09-20, 02:13 PM
I’ve watched episode 1 but have been told to hang on in there, it does pick up. How many episodes is it?

Jaquaia
05-09-20, 02:37 PM
It's based on a book I think!

Flo
05-09-20, 03:43 PM
Yes, it's based on a book can't remember the author now....I think it's about 8 episodes. I think the last one I saw was Episode 4 or 5 - I'll check...the last episode I watched ended with a stabbing over jealousy...and underneath it said...Next Time.....and showed a courthouse, and the funeral pyre of the young Muslim guy who was stabbed by his Seikh or Hindu friend. But the next episode never materialised, and I've exhausted attempts at catch up, demand iPlayer etc...it's not on tomorrow either!! I'm just curious. I'm wondering if the last shown episode might have rubbed certain sects/religions up the wrong way, or if it is a sensitive area. But I can't find anything on Google explaining why the episode wasn't shown. My series link is quite reliable so I don't think it's that.

Stella180
05-09-20, 04:31 PM
Just done a bit of homework and apparently there are 6 episodes of A Suitable Boy, the last two were shown in 23/24 August. All episodes available on iPlayer.

Flo
05-09-20, 08:15 PM
Just done a bit of homework and apparently there are 6 episodes of A Suitable Boy, the last two were shown in 23/24 August. All episodes available on iPlayer.

Wow..thanks for that Stella.....you've been working hard! I shall have a look on iPlayer.(y)

Flo
16-09-20, 03:19 PM
Thank you for your Happy Birthday Email!! xxxxxx

Suzi
16-09-20, 03:34 PM
You're more than welcome! Happy birthday!

Strugglingmum
16-09-20, 03:35 PM
Is it your birthday Flo?

OldMike
17-09-20, 11:02 AM
Oops missed my fav ladies' birthday so Happy birthday Flo may your cakes rise and you never suffer a soggy bottom, luvs ya babes (panda)

Suzi
17-09-20, 11:31 AM
How are you feeling today Flo?

Flo
02-10-20, 05:28 AM
Sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days....I've been trying to get my head into some course reading and the time has flown by. I shall drop by later to say hello. Hope all is ok with you. xxx

Paula
02-10-20, 07:54 AM
Are you enjoying it so far?

Suzi
02-10-20, 08:32 AM
I was wondering if you were enjoying it too!

OldMike
02-10-20, 08:38 AM
Miss ya Flo, keep studying and y'all get there.

Strugglingmum
02-10-20, 10:27 AM
Sounds like you are enjoying studying again. Well done. X

Jaquaia
02-10-20, 10:52 AM
How are you feeling about modules opening tomorrow?

Flo
02-10-20, 03:46 PM
Hi folks...said I'd be back....yes, I'm enjoying my books and lose track of time! Thanks!
I've spoken to my tutor...she rang last night for a chat. I've got to learn to ask questions and ask for help!
Yes Jaq..modules open properly tomorrow, and tutor group forum. I'm trying to work two weeks ahead (reading and note taking) just for me really but I notice others are doing the same. I might ask you a few questions on academic essay writing in a little while...not to self:.....Flo must NOT ramble....Flo must NOT put in opinions and thoughts of her own.....Flo MUST keep to the point....Flo must NOT be a plagiarist...ZZZZzzzzzzz(snooze)....Flo must NOT bore tutor into a catatonic state!(yawn)...yeh..well.... you get me drift?Flo MUST NOT bore mods to death either!xxxx

Flo
02-10-20, 03:48 PM
How are you feeling about modules opening tomorrow?

How are you getting on with your studies love?

Jaquaia
02-10-20, 04:12 PM
I've done the first weeks work for my psychology module and the first 3 weeks reading for my forensic psychology module!

Flo
02-10-20, 04:49 PM
I've done the first weeks work for my psychology module and the first 3 weeks reading for my forensic psychology module!

All that AND a family to look after?? Can I have some of the stuff you're on?(nod)

Jaquaia
02-10-20, 06:12 PM
Each chapter in the forensic psychology module is only around 13/14 pages long so it's not as much as it seems!

Suzi
02-10-20, 06:39 PM
Flo, you couldn't bore me if you tried! :)

EJ
02-10-20, 08:11 PM
Are you studying psychology Flo ?

Flo
03-10-20, 05:42 AM
Are you studying psychology Flo ?

Arts and Humanities Elizabeth. It'll keep me out of mischief, and it's going to be a long winter!

Jaquaia
03-10-20, 09:54 AM
Happy module start day Flo! (giggle)

OldMike
05-10-20, 08:33 AM
You'll never bore me Flo (snooze) eeps just resting my eyes (giggle)

I'm sure you'll get on just fine :)

Suzi
05-10-20, 09:07 AM
How was your weekend?

Flo
06-10-20, 05:59 AM
You'll never bore me Flo (snooze) eeps just resting my eyes (giggle)

I'm sure you'll get on just fine :)Hi Mike....well I'm enjoying all of the course work anyway!

How was your weekend?Fine thanks Suzi....good news! My babes are coming down from Scotland on the 19th for a few days so I'm over the moon about that! Can't wait to see them. Hope all ok with you.xx

Suzi
06-10-20, 08:37 AM
YAY! That sounds like fun! Bet you're looking forward to being able to spoil them massively!

Paula
06-10-20, 10:07 AM
(party)

Strugglingmum
06-10-20, 10:33 AM
Hurrah for family visits!!

Flo
06-10-20, 07:50 PM
Thanks all.....HOWEVER!....Sturgeon is brewing something in Scotland! Zoe doesn't know if they can come or not!! She might lockdown for a fortnight starting on Friday...we'll see. Fingers crossed eh?

Suzi
06-10-20, 08:10 PM
Dam covid! Strange how it always waits until the weekend for things to have to change huh?

OldMike
07-10-20, 08:52 AM
Thanks all.....HOWEVER!....Sturgeon is brewing something in Scotland! Zoe doesn't know if they can come or not!! She might lockdown for a fortnight starting on Friday...we'll see. Fingers crossed eh?

Think she (Sturgeon) makes a statement today from what she said so far it won't be a complete lockdown, where I am in Manchester we have the worst corona stats in the UK so the drawbridge is up and the portcullis is down at Mike's Towers.

Flo
07-10-20, 05:31 PM
Oh no Mike!! It's soul destroying isn't it?...We might be lucky with Sturgeon...fingers crossed. Soon find out eh? Keep well Mike...pandas coming your way!(panda)(panda)

Sissy
10-10-20, 06:08 PM
Lockdowns suck monkey butt! But I try to think they are set up for a reason. How are you doing? I sat all morning in coop hugging my Girls, it feels great knowing they have no avian flu. Stay safe. This heart ache is hard to take. But! Corona tests were negative for my mom and grandpa. No more quarantine for my family. Hope you are having great day

Paula
10-10-20, 06:53 PM
That is good news, lovely

Suzi
10-10-20, 08:54 PM
Great news Sissy!
How are you doing Flo?

Flo
11-10-20, 05:49 AM
I'm so pleased for you sissy....I was outside with my girls a lot yesterday. I'm a bit worried about 2 of them. They haven't grown their feathers back like the other two and it's going to be cold soon. I'm considering making them sweaters - suzi kindly added a website here for a knitting pattern - I might give it a go. I'm doing everything I possibly can for them and Ian gets a bit frustrated about it all. I've really got to stop worrying! Let's hope sissy that for you the only way is up now and that the past few weeks of misery will soon be a dim memory......yes suzi I'm ok thanks. Zoe and the kids are coming on the 19th so looking forward to that.

Flo
11-10-20, 06:13 AM
Suzi....sorry for double posting....I can't find the chicken sweater website you put on here for me! It isn't on my thread. Do you think I could have it again please? (knitting)XXX

Paula
11-10-20, 10:42 AM
Yay! For the 19th :)

Suzi
11-10-20, 11:17 AM
Here's a couple for you...

https://www.backyardchickencoops.com.au/blogs/learning-centre/knitting-pattern-to-make-your-very-own-chicken-jumpers
https://thewhoot.com/whoot-news/crafty-corner/free-knitted-chicken-sweater-pattern
https://www.instructables.com/Chicken-Sweater/

So glad that Zoe and the kids are still going to you!

Stella180
11-10-20, 12:31 PM
The chick in the red sweater on the 2nd link looks like her sells her wares on street corners lol

Flo
11-10-20, 12:51 PM
Thanks y'all!! Thank you suzi!...now..let's have a look at the tart that Stella's seen!! Hee Hee!

Suzi
11-10-20, 04:27 PM
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Paula
11-10-20, 05:08 PM
(rofl) with a fag ‘anging out of her mouf!

Stella180
11-10-20, 05:33 PM
There is a definite pretty woman vibe about her in her little red number.

Flo
11-10-20, 07:24 PM
SHE'S A SODDING TART!!!!!(rofl)(rofl)

Suzi
11-10-20, 08:46 PM
(rofl) That's OK. We don't judge here, we are open to everyone.... tart or not....

OldMike
13-10-20, 09:26 AM
The blue and white one on the left from the second link looks like she's off with the fairies (giggle)

Flo glad Zoe and her tribe can spend some time with you.

Flo
14-10-20, 05:39 AM
Haha! Most of them seem to be away with the fairies Mike!!!...but so much for the sweaters! I got in touch with the British Hen Welfare Trust and mentioned the sweaters and they said that it's not a good idea. She said that if they get wet or damp it makes them cold and wet. She recommended that I put extra straw in their beds and in their outdoor shelters. Oh well....we'll see how it goes eh?

Paula
14-10-20, 08:27 AM
Straw is definitely not as pretty though ;)

Howard you, lovely lady?

Suzi
14-10-20, 08:52 AM
Aww, so no sweaters? That's sad.... But extra straw is a good call too...

Flo
15-10-20, 05:45 AM
I'm ok thanks Paula....busy getting things sorted for when Zoe comes down. Made up the beds yesterday. Just generally pottering about and keeping myself out of mischief.

Suzi
15-10-20, 08:06 AM
You're really looking forward to seeing them then! When do they arrive? How long are they down for?

Sissy
15-10-20, 10:06 AM
I was wondering about those sweaters, because they could also rub the remaining feathers and wear them down. But then again, I know some ladies put those sweaters on their Girls only for the nigt. Chickens night gowns sound actually pretty awesome, don't you think? They don't get wet during the night in coop, when they actually are most likely to be cold. Also they don't rub much either while they sleep. But even if you choose not to dress them up for night, nobody can keep you from making sweaters and get cute photos for christmas cards!

Suzi
15-10-20, 10:16 AM
Aww that's a lovely idea!

Flo
15-10-20, 05:46 PM
You're really looking forward to seeing them then! When do they arrive? How long are they down for?Of course I'm looking forward to seeing them! You sound as if I'm doubting it!....They fly down on Monday and go back on Friday, sanitized and masked to the hilt! I doubt we'll be going anywhere. If we go over to the pub for a meal, all of their tables are well distanced. Can't wait to hug all of them. Little Jen has grown a bit and Dan is 6'1 1/2' so he'll have to duck in the house. No expensed spared as God only knows when we'll see them again!

I was wondering about those sweaters, because they could also rub the remaining feathers and wear them down. But then again, I know some ladies put those sweaters on their Girls only for the nigt. Chickens night gowns sound actually pretty awesome, don't you think? They don't get wet during the night in coop, when they actually are most likely to be cold. Also they don't rub much either while they sleep. But even if you choose not to dress them up for night, nobody can keep you from making sweaters and get cute photos for christmas cards!I don't think I'll be knitting them sweaters sissy but Ian is thinking of insulating the inside of the coop. The neighbours already think I'm bonkers as it is!! By the way...an update.....all 4 of them share a large bowl of warm porridge in the mornings as soon as they come out of their coop!!...they love it...then it's mince at about midday.....more corn and pellets...then at 3pm it's ham and some potato peelings....then at teatime they have some scattered corn and sunflower seeds.... so I'm working on the November menu at the moment!!(rofl)

Stella180
15-10-20, 06:27 PM
Those birds are better fed than I am!

Flo
15-10-20, 07:52 PM
Better fed than us too!!.....my cousin says I'm a daft mare!!(rofl)

Suzi
15-10-20, 08:17 PM
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was doubting you wanting to see them! Sorry! I meant that I was all caught up in your excitement!
I love how much you love your birds! :)

Paula
15-10-20, 09:14 PM
The chicks would probably hate my diet right now, not nearly enough flavour :/. Can I come live in your garden?

OldMike
16-10-20, 09:10 AM
Awww no jumpers but extra straw, though there is nothing to stop your chicks wearing them for special occasions :)

Jaquaia
20-10-20, 05:12 PM
How's the studying coming along Flo?

Suzi
20-10-20, 05:26 PM
Are you having fun with Zoe and the kids?

Flo
21-10-20, 05:54 AM
How's the studying coming along Flo?Fine thanks Jaq...after the kids go back to Scotland I shall start tackling my first TMA and do a rough draft. I need a few questions answered by my tutor first. How are you doing?

Are you having fun with Zoe and the kids?Yes thanks love...great to see them. Weather isn't all that great though but guess what? Jen found Beehive Bedlam on the Sky App on TV...haven't played that for 15 years!! I'm hooked again! Hope you manage to sort things with Ben and bring him home...what a bu**er all this is!

Stella180
21-10-20, 06:04 AM
The best thing about the beehive bedlam app now is that you can play it while still watching the tv channel on a split screen lol

Suzi
21-10-20, 08:31 AM
Thanks for asking, Ben is staying where he is for a little while. He's convinced that if he does come home now he won't go back this side of Christmas and he says he doesn't want that. He needs the routines he's in and uni work is done at uni and not at home itms? It's the good old Aspies compartmentalisation!

So glad you're having fun with everyone. How much longer are they with you?

Paula
21-10-20, 08:43 AM
Beehive Bedlam?

Jaquaia
21-10-20, 09:30 AM
Beehive Bedlam?

Addictive game on Sky! Interactive button I think. It's a match 3 game.

Fine thanks Jaq...after the kids go back to Scotland I shall start tackling my first TMA and do a rough draft. I need a few questions answered by my tutor first. How are you doing?

I met my tutor in my tutorial yesterday and she seems lovely. Starting my first TMA after my tutorial tonight and will do my first for my other module straight after!

Flo
21-10-20, 05:26 PM
The best thing about the beehive bedlam app now is that you can play it while still watching the tv channel on a split screen lolYeh, but i miss the full screen and the silly music that used to go with it! I scored about 16,200 earlier on and beat everyone else!

Thanks for asking, Ben is staying where he is for a little while. He's convinced that if he does come home now he won't go back this side of Christmas and he says he doesn't want that. He needs the routines he's in and uni work is done at uni and not at home itms? It's the good old Aspies compartmentalisation! I know exactly what you mean! If he's moved right now I expect he'd be totally disorientated...he obviously loves what he's doing so you can't have better than that.

So glad you're having fun with everyone. How much longer are they with you?They go on Friday morning.:( but I'm so lucky to have had them here.

Beehive Bedlam?Yes, Paula...highly addictive...I practice at 6am to get into the zone!!

Flo
21-10-20, 05:29 PM
Sorry Jacq. I forgot to press your button!......figuratively speaking of course!!...glad you met your tutor it really helps to build a relationship with them. Somebody had their mic on during the tutorial last week...kids screaming in the background! It fouled up some of it! Good luck with your new module....hope the boss lady doesn't tell me off for double posting!

Jaquaia
21-10-20, 06:12 PM
The psychology tutors have always reminded us to mute our mics. I have one in 45 mins, 2 hours of bum-numbing fun!

Suzi
21-10-20, 07:15 PM
I'll let you off this time ;)

Sounds like you're having a great time. Are you able to get out and about with them at all?
Lol, yes mute the mic! :)

OldMike
25-10-20, 08:48 AM
Definitely mute your mic though remember to turn it on when you want to speak else everyone will scream turn your mic on (giggle)

Beehive Bedlam never heard of it sounds addictive though.

Suzi
05-11-20, 08:12 AM
Hey chick, how are things in the land of Flo?

Flo
06-11-20, 05:28 AM
Morning love....ok I guess. Managed to get my feet done yesterday. Just trundling along like everyone else. There were no fireworks here last night which I was grateful for so the cats were fine. Getting somewhere with some knitting and generally keeping busy and 'keeping everything in the day'. Zoe's birthday tomorrow - 43 - where do the years go? You, Marc and the babes ok?xx

Suzi
06-11-20, 09:08 AM
I wish we hadn't had so many fireworks round here last night. 2 out of 3 dogs were in an awful state and so was Fern who really can't do things like bangs :( Shaking and sobbing with fear. So horrible and I know that they'll be continuing around here till January.... They've been going off for a week now...
We're OK I think, it's all just so busy!
Zoe is 3 months older than me ;) Wish her a happy birthday from me!

OldMike
06-11-20, 12:03 PM
I used to love fireworks as a kid though I can understand it isn't good for cats and dogs, poor Fern the trouble is fireworks aren't restricted to one day there was some over last weekend a lot on the Wednesday and same again yesterday which should be the only time there is fireworks IMHO.

Zoe is 43 ah those days when I was 43 and the world was my oyster.

Flo did you you have to wait to have your feet done or did you leave them and call back later for them, I saw a sign in a shop ears pierced while you wait, must have my silly hat on today (giggle)

Keeping everything in the day is the way to go.

Flo
06-11-20, 05:45 PM
I used to love fireworks as a kid though I can understand it isn't good for cats and dogs, poor Fern the trouble is fireworks aren't restricted to one day there was some over last weekend a lot on the Wednesday and same again yesterday which should be the only time there is fireworks IMHO.

Zoe is 43 ah those days when I was 43 and the world was my oyster.

Flo did you you have to wait to have your feet done or did you leave them and call back later for them, I saw a sign in a shop ears pierced while you wait, must have my silly hat on today (giggle)

Keeping everything in the day is the way to go.Absolutely keep everything in the day Mike! Yes my feet were done 'Click and Collect!' Haha!....It always makes me laugh when I see the sign...TOILETS.....P FREE!! you know the ones I mean! Yes my baby is 43 tomorrow....born in Sheffield on a sleety/snowy morning at 6am. Little tiny dot weighing in at 5lb 14oz! She's a good girl and I love her dearly. Wish I was 43 again!! Have a nice evening Mike.

Flo
06-11-20, 05:47 PM
I wish we hadn't had so many fireworks round here last night. 2 out of 3 dogs were in an awful state and so was Fern who really can't do things like bangs :( Shaking and sobbing with fear. So horrible and I know that they'll be continuing around here till January.... They've been going off for a week now...
We're OK I think, it's all just so busy!
Zoe is 3 months older than me ;) Wish her a happy birthday from me! Oh! don't know what happened to my answer I posted..I was going to say that if you like you can call me Mum!!....I can manage one more!. I'll pass on the message thankyou love.

Stella180
06-11-20, 05:53 PM
I don’t remember the weather on the day my youngest was born. Didn’t see a window. Eldest was on a sunny spring morning.

Suzi
06-11-20, 06:40 PM
I'd be honoured to have you as a second mum! :)

OldMike
09-11-20, 03:09 PM
Oh! don't know what happened to my answer I posted..I was going to say that if you like you can call me Mum!!....I can manage one more!. I'll pass on the message thankyou love.

Flo can I call you mum then my mum would be younger than me (rofl)

Flo
10-11-20, 05:48 AM
No Mike! I'd draw the line at that!(rofl) I don't do immaculate conceptions!

Suzi
10-11-20, 08:56 AM
(rofl)
How are you today gorgeous?

Flo
10-11-20, 06:04 PM
OK suzi...went to the docs because of my left ear and he's given me antibiotics - to give the ear the benefit of the doubt! Other than that I'm ok thanks love. You all ok?

Paula
10-11-20, 06:19 PM
Oh no, earache sucks :(

Stella180
10-11-20, 06:44 PM
I used to suffer terrible with earaches as a kid. It’s horrible. Hope it clears up quickly.

Suzi
10-11-20, 07:27 PM
OO I hate earache! Hope the antib's clear it up fast. Make sure you pamper you.

Strugglingmum
10-11-20, 09:34 PM
Hope the ear clears up soon. Xx

OldMike
12-11-20, 09:53 AM
Hope your ear soon gets better Flo (panda) how's you chicks doing?

Suzi
12-11-20, 10:17 AM
How's your ear love?

Flo
12-11-20, 08:14 PM
Hope your ear soon gets better Flo (panda) how's you chicks doing?Chooks doing ok thanks Mike...spoilt rotten!! Warm homemade porridge every morning!

How's your ear love?Well tbh suzi ear seems better but I stopped taking the Clarithromycin because I felt so nauseous all the time. Terrible metallic taste in my mouth all the time too. I'm seldom a sick feeling person but it was too much! Thanks for asking though.

Suzi
12-11-20, 08:40 PM
Did you eat before taking it and drink enough water with it? What about taking an antisickness or getting a different antibiotic? You are a really important part of DWD and to me personally... Please take extra care of you x

Mira
12-11-20, 08:45 PM
I agree, you are not only a important part of dwd but also a friendly caring part that makes me so happy to know you. So i 100% agree with Suzi, please take extra care.

OldMike
13-11-20, 08:34 AM
Flo pop back to the docs if you're ear doesn't improve, I can understand stopping the antibiotics if they made you feel so nauseous. take care (panda)

Suzi
13-11-20, 09:00 AM
Morning gorgeous, how are you?

Paula
13-11-20, 09:11 AM
How’s your ear, hun?

Flo
13-11-20, 12:49 PM
Hi!....I'm feeling ok thanks....my ear is much better now..just have a slight ringing. Did I mention tht the dr thinks it's Eustacheon Tube Dysfunction. It sounds grand but it's common. Not feeling sick today and looking forward to some lunch. If said ear gets bad again, I'll go back and see him.

Angie
13-11-20, 01:03 PM
Hope it doesnt get bad again hunni xc

Paula
13-11-20, 01:26 PM
Maybe the nausea was due to the ear, not the antibiotics?

Suzi
13-11-20, 01:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing...

Flo
13-11-20, 03:57 PM
I looked at the common side effects and it said...Nausea or Vomiting, but I feel ok today. I don't know whether you two had it but it was like the first few months of pregnancy....I never had morning sickness per se, but was nauseous all day. That's what it was like.

Suzi
13-11-20, 06:00 PM
Ahh, I was violently ill every time I was pregnant. Couldn't even look at a car without vomiting with Ben... I also get that nauseous feeling with strong antibiotics so I now take an anti sickness which helps with it...
(bear) because it's horrible!

Paula
13-11-20, 06:21 PM
Oh, I was another of the violently ill all day every day......

Suzi
13-11-20, 06:38 PM
I had to have an emergency c section with Ben and I was still throwing up as they were giving me the anaesthetic! lol...

Flo
14-11-20, 06:00 AM
You poor devils! Who'd wanna be a woman??!!

Mira
14-11-20, 06:20 AM
Well that does not sound all to good. But afterwards it got better I hope.

Do you have plans for the weekend Flo? And how are you feeling?

Flo
14-11-20, 07:01 AM
Morning Mira, After stopping the antibiotics I feel much better thanks...at least I can eat again! Don't have very many plans for the weekend. The weather isn't good here at the moment and I can hear the wind howling outside as I type. I shall let my chickens out when it gets light. It's 7am here and won't get light for another half an hour. Got some washing to do...and other bits of housework but other than that I will either read or amuse myself knitting my granddaughter's cardigan. I shall go and see what you're up to now!

Strugglingmum
14-11-20, 08:44 AM
Glad you're feeling better Flo. I'm planning housework and knitting. Maybe paint the tealight holders I made out of clay at my craft class. Hopefully an easy day.

Paula
14-11-20, 10:24 AM
I’m giving myself a challenge - after on and off trying to knit over the years, I’m going to try again but starting small (literally) and trying this https://www.thebigknit.co.uk/

Suzi
14-11-20, 12:04 PM
I can't wait to see pics of your cardigan love.
OO Paula sounds great!

How are your chickens hun? The weather here is miserable too.

Strugglingmum
14-11-20, 12:30 PM
Fab Paula. I have seen these knit up. They are so cute.

Grey and miserable here too. Rain rain rain. Typical November.

Flo
14-11-20, 12:42 PM
Glad you're feeling better Flo. I'm planning housework and knitting. Maybe paint the tealight holders I made out of clay at my craft class. Hopefully an easy day.Sounds good...going to light mine tonight...I love candles. I find them very comforting and almost hypnotic!

I’m giving myself a challenge - after on and off trying to knit over the years, I’m going to try again but starting small (literally) and trying this https://www.thebigknit.co.uk/I clicked on the link Paula but there's no picture of anything! You said 'small' so I'll get out the magnifying glass!!

I can't wait to see pics of your cardigan love.
OO Paula sounds great!

How are your chickens hun? The weather here is miserable too.One has just blown past the window.....it's AWFUL here ..rain and strong winds. They're in their coop chilling. They ate their morning porridge and raw mince (not together) so they'll have a snooze until tea time.

Suzi
14-11-20, 01:25 PM
Stay safe, warm and cosy inside love! Movie or book or music and knitting!

Paula
14-11-20, 01:26 PM
Flo, google The Big Knit (innocent drinks)

Flo
14-11-20, 03:45 PM
Stay safe, warm and cosy inside love! Movie or book or music and knitting!Will do..you too!

Flo, google The Big Knit (innocent drinks)Ok then...

OldMike
15-11-20, 09:50 AM
How about knitting Ian a scarf to keep him warm, no need for a pattern no fancy stuff just get those needles clicking then a again you could just knit a cuddly chicken, ;)

Flo
15-11-20, 03:16 PM
I ain't knitting a cuddly anything! I wish I could knit a giant bar of Cadbury's Dark Milk Chocolate!

Suzi
15-11-20, 04:58 PM
One that magically turned into an everlasting bar?

Paula
15-11-20, 05:38 PM
That had no calories....

Strugglingmum
15-11-20, 07:47 PM
Oooo haven't tried the Dark milk yet.

Why is it all the nice food is soooooo bad for us?

Suzi
15-11-20, 10:06 PM
Who knows.....

Flo
16-11-20, 05:45 AM
Oooo haven't tried the Dark milk yet.

Why is it all the nice food is soooooo bad for us? I ask myself that question all the time! Try the Dark Milk...I'm quite picky when it comes to chocky but it's really nice. My favourite is Lindt....the black box with little truffle balls in it ...slurrrppp!

Suzi
16-11-20, 08:13 AM
My favourite it Nomo, Bournville Old Jamaica, Booja booja truffles, and so many more....

Flo
16-11-20, 05:38 PM
My favourite it Nomo, Bournville Old Jamaica, Booja booja truffles, and so many more....I find that it's the 'so many more' that does the damage!!(rofl)

Paula
16-11-20, 06:29 PM
(giggle)

Suzi
16-11-20, 06:44 PM
Me too lol

Mira
18-11-20, 01:54 PM
Flo lovely, how are you doing?

Flo
18-11-20, 05:46 PM
I'm ok thanks sweetie....I've been reading Dickens's A Christmas Carol as part of an assignment...it's ok when you get into it and I've nearly finished it. Been quiet today...just laying on the settee and reading. What about you?

Paula
18-11-20, 06:09 PM
I really liked A Christmas Carol, and not just watching the Muppets version, I loved the book too ;)

Mira
18-11-20, 06:23 PM
I had kind of a rough day so I am happy I am home. I will be home for the next month because I have been written up sick full time. So I am trying to work myself into some of my hobbies.

Stella180
18-11-20, 06:27 PM
I’m guessing you won’t be watching the Germany match from last night lol. Still can’t get over that.

Mira
18-11-20, 07:24 PM
No not going to look at that at all, i would rather watch the Germany - Brazil game for the world cup haha

Stella180
18-11-20, 07:40 PM
I’m just getting settled ready for Wales vs Finland. Feeling nervous for the Welsh lads.

Mira
18-11-20, 07:56 PM
I am sure they will play well and win.

Flo
18-11-20, 08:05 PM
I had kind of a rough day so I am happy I am home. I will be home for the next month because I have been written up sick full time. So I am trying to work myself into some of my hobbies.

Jolly good.

Suzi
18-11-20, 08:42 PM
I'm ok thanks sweetie....I've been reading Dickens's A Christmas Carol as part of an assignment...it's ok when you get into it and I've nearly finished it. Been quiet today...just laying on the settee and reading. What about you?

Hazel and Fern have studied it for GCSE... I read it years and years ago. Loved it.

Mira
21-11-20, 01:38 PM
How are you doing Flo? Going into the weekend well?

And how is the book reading?

Suzi
21-11-20, 03:26 PM
Are you enjoying the tennis?

Flo
21-11-20, 06:17 PM
Yes!......Dominic Thiem beat Ratface!!...Yayyyyy!

Stella180
21-11-20, 06:24 PM
Rat face lmao

Suzi
21-11-20, 06:39 PM
YAY! I saw the start of that match...

OldMike
23-11-20, 04:36 PM
Yes!......Dominic Thiem beat Ratface!!...Yayyyyy!

Not sure who Ratface is though as a member of the Rat Appreciation Society, Rats Rulez (giggle)

Flo
24-11-20, 05:57 AM
Haha...it's Jockovic!! Nice to hear from you. Great you're keeping busy.(bear)

Suzi
24-11-20, 08:20 AM
Morning gorgeous, how are you today?

Flo
24-11-20, 12:15 PM
Ok thanks suzi.....just catching up and having 5 mins. before the next onslaught of mini tasks! Hope you and yours are ok.x

Suzi
24-11-20, 12:49 PM
Not too bad thanks love...
Are you still loving your course? How are Fluff and Fang and your chooks? Ian all safe and well?

Flo
24-11-20, 03:33 PM
Yes, still loving the course. Just waded my way through Van Gogh. What an amazing artist, but how he suffered too. I resent critics and Biographers of his life calling him 'mad'! What a shame they didn't have anti d's in those days. Fluff has developed a different miaow...she sounds like a banshee! Fang is putting on a bit of weight...she's putting it down to lockdown! Ian's diabetes meds. have been changed to slow release as the Metformin was upsetting his stomach! So far so good. I bet you can't wait until Ben is home...there is nothing lovelier than having 'the brood' around is there? Looking forward to reading about how he is when he's home.

Stella180
24-11-20, 04:04 PM
Ah, but if they had ADs back then would it have dulled his creativity?

Mira
24-11-20, 04:55 PM
Well i for one think we could do without his paintings. The man lived a horrible life and if that could have been helped then I think the art should come second.

Stella180
24-11-20, 05:20 PM
Maybe but if not for the art we wouldn’t be talking about him now.

Mira
24-11-20, 05:27 PM
True but then we would not know about him or his art. And I am sure so many sweeter and better people have been lost to the world whom we will never know

Paula
24-11-20, 05:31 PM
Personally, I’ve sacrificed my creativity to stable mental health - though my painting style is more Mondrian than Van Gogh. I’m great with a ruler ;)

magie06
24-11-20, 08:49 PM
I would cut off my right hand if it meant I would never need to go back into hospital due to poor mental health.

Flo
25-11-20, 05:55 AM
Ah, but if they had ADs back then would it have dulled his creativity?True! I think his mental state is reflected in his art. I think he painted what he felt not what he saw itms. If you look at one of his last paintings Crows In A Wheat Field..the despair is palpable.

Well i for one think we could do without his paintings. The man lived a horrible life and if that could have been helped then I think the art should come second.Well I wouldn't mind finding one in the attic! No more worries paying bills!

Personally, I’ve sacrificed my creativity to stable mental health - though my painting style is more Mondrian than Van Gogh. I’m great with a ruler ;)Great with a ruler? Are we talking art here Paula or foreplay?!!!(blush)

I would cut off my right hand if it meant I would never need to go back into hospital due to poor mental health.Well that would be the end of your painting career magie unless you paint with your left hand!(rofl)

Suzi
25-11-20, 08:34 AM
Great with a ruler? Are we talking art here Paula or foreplay?!!!(blush)

This made me laugh so much! (rofl) (rofl) (rofl)

Morning Flo, how are you love? OO did your ear ever sort itself out?

Paula
25-11-20, 08:42 AM
(rofl)

Flo
25-11-20, 09:19 AM
Hee Hee!......well...re ear 'ole! Well I can hear much better than I did but I still have a high pitched hissing in it, but it doesn't stop me sleeping and if I watch tv or listen to music then they cancel out the hissing so I'm quite happy to live with it suzi. Personally I don't think it will improve, but I'm ok with it. Thanks for asking. X

Strugglingmum
25-11-20, 10:46 AM
Just saying hi.
Hope all is well.

Paula
25-11-20, 11:37 AM
Is this something you’ve been dealing for a long time then?

Flo
25-11-20, 03:21 PM
Over the last couple of years ....my ear drum perforated about 10 years ago when I had a bad cold...ended up at the docs when blood started coming out of it. It was then that she told me that I'd perforated it. It hasn't been normal since then but it's much better than it was. So I'm grateful for that.

OldMike
25-11-20, 03:27 PM
Sounds painful Flo, did you know wearing a mask makes you deaf like when I'm in a shop everyone's what, what, pardon, I heard that whatya saying (giggle)

Suzi
25-11-20, 05:55 PM
I've had tinnitus for years so I sympathise. It's why I always have background noise on as otherwise it drives me to distraction..

Mira
01-12-20, 06:02 AM
Seems we are starting a whole gang of early tea drinkers haha
How have you been doing lately FF (fantastic Flo)?

Flo
01-12-20, 06:09 AM
Morning Mira!....looks like there's 3 of us doing the night shift! Doing ok thanks Mira...busy with some course work and other silly stuff. Are you feeling a bit more cheery these days? Hope you have an ok day..I'll be back later.(bear)

Allalone
01-12-20, 07:23 AM
Yes Flo I was up doing the night shift too!

Are you enjoying your course?

Suzi
01-12-20, 08:54 AM
How's the course going? What's the silly stuff?

Mira
01-12-20, 09:56 AM
Yes please tell about the silly stuff :)

Flo
01-12-20, 08:01 PM
Yes Flo I was up doing the night shift too!

Are you enjoying your course?Yes thanks...I'm wading my way through Mozart at the moment....there's only so much Mozart a human can take!!

How's the course going? What's the silly stuff? making snowflakes, reindeer and angels out of icing!

Yes please tell about the silly stuff :)More silly stuff Mira? Making bows out of silk ribbon to pin on a few Christmas cakes. Sticking cloves into oranges to give a nice smell of Christmas!

Suzi
01-12-20, 08:47 PM
I love Mozart!
Making all those out of icing?

Flo
02-12-20, 05:57 AM
I love Mozart too but I've had to listen to an extract about 25 times to answer an essay question! He wasn't assassinated by any chance was he?(rofl)

Suzi
02-12-20, 09:28 AM
(rofl) (rofl) What are you doing your degree in?

Flo
02-12-20, 04:45 PM
(rofl) (rofl) What are you doing your degree in?The Arts and Humanities!

Suzi
02-12-20, 04:58 PM
Fantastic! :)

Flo
17-12-20, 06:46 AM
Morning!.... Thought I'd better put something in here before my thread disappears completely! Just spent the last 15 minutes emailing the OU. I can't reset my password. They're updating their system. I've tried everything. Can't get hold of them by phone as it rings about 3 times then cuts off. I'm so angry! Hoping I get a reply from them later otherwise I'm screwed! Got a call from my doctor yesterday to say that my thyroid blood test has come back 'borderline'. Have to have another test in 3 months. Anyone that has a thyroid problem knows that 'borderline' can be tricky. If I'm 'overcooked' then it will explain my feeling of being a nervous wreck all the time. It's not an exact science, but even the minutest change of dosage can be quite life changing. So I'm fed up! Oh and Amazon left a message the other day to say 'parcel handed to resident'! Like f**k!! I was in all day and nothing arrived. Neighbours don't have it either. My guess is that it was getting late and they couldn't be bothered and went home....this has happened before! After quite a while I managed to get a human to phone me from customer service dept. and told him. So they are repeating the process and hopefully today I'll get something. It's only a set of espresso cups but it's the principle of the thing..Ian broke one and I broke another....I detest liars!! I don't mind waiting for things if they don't have time but don't tell me you've delivered when you haven't!! I've been so anxious about everything I burst into silent sobs ((giggle)) with frustration. Poor Ian! You know it's a good idea that we aren't allowed firearms like the U.S. because to be honest I wouldn't trust myself with a gun when I get angry and that's the truth. So RANT OVER..... thought I'd 'fess up' and be honest. Oh well..today is another day I might even get my espresso cups..and you never know, I may even be able to get hold of the OU!! Have a good day...be back laterxxxx

Strugglingmum
17-12-20, 06:57 AM
Hope you get sorted with OU.
A lot of understandable frustration going on. Better to let it all out. Today is a new day, hopefully all will be easy in the world of Flo. X (panda)

Suzi
17-12-20, 07:46 AM
So glad you've posted lovely.
I hate that about deliveries too. I so rarely leave the house I know when things have been delivered and when they haven't!
Hazel has an underactive thyroid which is controlled by meds and has been for years now.. My MIL has an overactive one so I've seen it on both sides of the fence. I hope you get it sorted one way or another.
Hope that the OU get back to me. That's horribly annoying.

Massive hugs for the emotions love, I really sympathise.

Paula
17-12-20, 08:19 AM
Oh, hunni, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you quite so upset over things (panda). Thyroid, when it’s not controlled, is a b*gger, and has a massive effect on mood and physical health - I empathise...... We’ve had all sorts of problems in my town with deliveries - some believed stolen, others dumped (apparently a big pile of parcels was found dumped just around the corner from my friend’s house the other day). It’s appalling.